Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

FD owner soon to be a Evo owner

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2015, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FD owner soon to be a Evo owner

Sup guys, coming from Colorado Springs, CO. Came to join this forum through a another Evo buddy of mine I'll soon will be in market for one next year, I own a built Mazda RX-7 (yup still got the Doritos haha) but for now I'm surfing around and see what I can get on my budget, looking to daily one (I might be tempted add parts haha depends how it goes) I don't know much about Evos 8/9but that's how I started with my FD is joined a forum & read a lot. It's gonna be a whole new game for me cause I've never dealt with a piston engine before haha so this is gonna be fun. Hope to talk to you guys more if I ever do build one in time haha gonna need every input I need.
Here's a couple of pics of the "Fanta" FD.

Currently building her, but I won't be driving her that often with this setup so that's when the Evo comes along haha.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 03:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
That looks like a beast, what mods can you do on a rotary?
Old Oct 8, 2015, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by Jonno99
That looks like a beast, what mods can you do on a rotary?
haha well internal things nothing really except porting & different apex seals, everything inside is oem lol... Rotaries love fuel so you gotta feed them a lot is all.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 01:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That thing looks sweet awesome! how many motors have you been through? you're obviously already a car guy and have a good bit of knowledge but the newbie stickies are full of evo specific info
Old Oct 8, 2015, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Keep the FD and do an LS swap when your wankel needs a rebuild http://www.norotors.com/
Old Oct 8, 2015, 03:52 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
^

+1

I'll be selling my evo here and going that route soon.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by nemsin
Keep the FD and do an LS swap when your wankel needs a rebuild http://www.norotors.com/
lmao never that & I like how you did the link there haha... If I ever decide to swap it's gonna be RB or JZ...

Originally Posted by Tommyy
That thing looks sweet awesome! how many motors have you been through? you're obviously already a car guy and have a good bit of knowledge but the newbie stickies are full of evo specific info
lmao feeling the love here already! Jk it's my second motor, first motor was bone stock still have the block laying around, gave that to my dad so he can swap the motor on his old school RX-2 should be interesting haha. Yea man I do a lot of reading, that's how I started on my FD was reading a lot and gained so much knowledge. Hopefully the Evo game isn't that difficult to learn... But coming from rotary maybe haha.

Originally Posted by golgo13
^

+1

I'll be selling my evo here and going that route soon.
Awh snap +1 for more & more haha, it's another level I can tell you that, you can regret it or you can be the happiest you can be.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 09:23 PM

If any of you guys know Facebook Evo pages please PM or write them down here so I start searching for a EVO, much appreciated! Us Rx7 guys have a bunch of pages like those around lol