Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New member from MA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2015, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New member from MA

Currently driving a 2007 Mazdaspeed3 with some mods. Looking to get into an Evo X by the end of the year, preferably sooner. I'm living in Central Ma, about 15 minutes from Worcester.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 08:04 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Hi!

Welcome and good luck with the search for your Evo!

Bob
Old Oct 18, 2015, 11:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
my gf wants a mazdaspeed 3..how do you like it? I hear lots of understeer. but she likes the shifting haha. I think ive convinced her of a wrx for awd. ( I have an evo 8)
Old Oct 18, 2015, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Acuality
my gf wants a mazdaspeed 3..how do you like it? I hear lots of understeer. but she likes the shifting haha. I think ive convinced her of a wrx for awd. ( I have an evo 8)
I love it, it's just time for something different. Get a upgraded rear sway bar and the under steer goes away for the most part. As far as modding and tuning, pretty cheap to get some decent power out of them. If she gets one its always good to do a compression check on the car first. Also make sure the engine is cold when starting it up so you can listen for the vvt noise... Youll hear the timing chain slap the bottom of the valve cover if its on its way out. Check mazda*********** fot solid info on what to look out for.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 11:47 AM

Whats up mang! Looks like we both joined this forum from Mazda***********. This is cdez from MSF. Figured it was time to see what all the fuss is about with the evos lol. Im loving mine and soo happy I traded in the speed3. Now hurry up and get ur evo.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Lavender
Whats up mang! Looks like we both joined this forum from Mazda***********. This is cdez from MSF. Figured it was time to see what all the fuss is about with the evos lol. Im loving mine and soo happy I traded in the speed3. Now hurry up and get ur evo.
Whats up man. Have someone coming to buy the speed wednesday if everything goes as planned. Debating on if i get an evo right away or wait till after winter because im going to store it either way. Im not Paitient.. Im sure ill get one before winter lol.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by BrandonNicholso
Whats up man. Have someone coming to buy the speed wednesday if everything goes as planned. Debating on if i get an evo right away or wait till after winter because im going to store it either way. Im not Paitient.. Im sure ill get one before winter lol.
Don't rush if there isn't one worth buying, obviously... I waited for about 4 months and searched my entire deployment then the weekend before I came home on leave found 2 worth checking out and bought one the following week when I got up to MA for leave. There are tons to choose from so pick carefully
Old Nov 3, 2015, 12:29 PM

Well, the speed3 is gone. I'll miss it but, now it's time for me to really look for an evo. Currently looking at 2. First one is a grey 08 with 95k, totally stock, doesn't appear to have been stocked out or anything. Second one is a 2012 with 72k. Haven't seen the second one yet, just popped up at a dealship about 45 minutes away but they haven't put up any actual pictures or any real info besides year, mileage, and that its a gsr. I emailed them on it and the lady said she thinks she saw it on her way into work this morning and it's silver. I'll probably go check it out later today.