Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

what got you guys into evos?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2015 | 04:53 AM

what got you guys into evos?

just curious what got all of you guys into the evos?

I know for me it all came out of going to the shootout 3-4 years ago with one of my friends that was into dsms/evos and I was into subarus ( I ride BMX so that's typical ) and just not super into cars but as soon as I seen the rawness and just the potential the evo had I was in love instantly. funny thing is my friend told me my mind would change as soon as I went and I didn't believe him but boy was I wrong. the evo and car bug hit me hard at that point. ever since then I was drawn to them. finally I bought one I felt was right for me at the beginning of the year and have had fun every second I'm in the car. Getting into the 4G63s and evos I can say has been one of the best decisions I've made.
Old Oct 23, 2015 | 05:52 AM
Evolved Member

I had a twin turbo z32 that broke down, so I was looking at modern turbo cars. I started out researching Subaru and bought a mag dedicated to the sti. when I got home, a mini magazine fell out of it, and it was a history of the evos. after that, I found my evo at a lexus dealer getting beat up from the salesmen. that was 2006. it still drives like the day I bought her. it has been the best car I have purchased in my lifetime.
Old Oct 23, 2015 | 06:41 AM

I was anticipating the evo when it first released because of the evo 7 in other countries. Took a test drive and put my down payment that day. I was impressed with everything from braking, aerodynamics, turbo, and the stock advan tires were sticky and traction was great.
Old Oct 23, 2015 | 07:03 AM

Back in 2010 one of my best mates went overseas for a year and he gave me his evo 7 to take care of til he came back. At the same time I was looking for a new car. I wanted a performance car and the evo ticked all the boxes (practical, 4 doors, turbo, etc.). Ever since my mates car was under my care I fell in love with it. The grip & handling blew me away.. the power & response made me love it even more. Im a big Formula 1 fan and it made me feel like this was as close as I could get for a street car. Was definitely a big step up from all the Hondas i've owned.

Anyway, by the time my friend came back from overseas I had my own evo in my possession had compared & inspected a few, narrowed it down to a black and white evo 8.. black evo was sold quickly (thank god, in hind-sight it was stock & over-priced). I remember the first time I saw the white one.. love at first sight. Put a deposit on it within an hour and was mine the next week. Best decision ive made. Enjoy it everyday and ill never let her go. Even considering getting a second evo to turn into a dedicated track car.
Old Oct 23, 2015 | 09:56 AM

i was debating between evo and sti, but from knowing evo's re cheaper to mod, and the way it looks must go with evo, so went and drove my friend's and immediately fell in love.
Old Oct 23, 2015 | 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

I used to drive 300 hp golf 1.8 turbo . Got smoked really bad by stockish evo. I changed my mind immediately .
Old Oct 23, 2015 | 10:01 AM

lol best decision ever haha^^
Old Oct 23, 2015 | 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrbonilla
lol best decision ever haha^^
Yeah man.i still hear my voice yelling Monica!!! Lol
Old Oct 23, 2015 | 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by egis
Yeah man.i still hear my voice yelling Monica!!! Lol
lol
Old Oct 23, 2015 | 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

When I was in high school I was really into the STi and wanted to get one. I didn't even consider the Evo. Then one day I saw an Evo and was like damn that's sexy. I started doing some research and realized that the Evo was better than the STi in almost every aspect.

I ended up buying my Evo while I was in college.
Old Oct 23, 2015 | 11:00 AM

we share the same love story lol @kreeker;
Old Oct 23, 2015 | 12:12 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one that wanted to get a STI first. definitely realized quickly the STI was not the route to go for some power and not kill your wallet after researching. good stories guys.
Old Oct 23, 2015 | 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

My friend had a WW X and I just knew I had to have it. Idk what it really was about until I bought one on a whim. What really made me get it was the SST I cant drive stick lmao
Old Oct 24, 2015 | 07:12 AM
EvoM Community Team

My girlfriend at the time had a lancer and saw how dependable it was (I had always been into trucks for hauling my bike).

I took my dad with me to test drive a new 2005. He was so floored about the 4 cyl 2.0 putting out that much power that it stuck with me. I ended up buying a Ralliart that day (I was against loans and only had $22k). Six months later I had a 2003 VIII fall into my lap and haven't looked at another car since.
Old Oct 24, 2015 | 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

Jackie Chan's , "Who am I?"

Top Gear UK
and
and

Top Gear US

then the catalyst a deer on the way to school.

DEEER!

Called the bank and then. Went shopping.

Last edited by BlackHawk_Tsi; Oct 24, 2015 at 09:59 AM.

Quick Reply: what got you guys into evos?