Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New Member, Stock 06 RS White

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2016, 01:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New Member, Stock 06 RS White

Hello to the evolutionm community. I have been reading posts on here for 2 years while considering whether/how to modify my evo. I'm now leaning towards selling it. I know this isn't the marketplace forum, so I hope this isn't a violation of the forum rules. I can't find an example like mine (RS) for sale. Ive seen many evo ixs for sale online with way higher mileage than mine with asking prices between 20K-28K. Mostly MR or SE models. I'm hoping that an unmodified, well maintained, relatively rare rs like mine will get a good price. I don't want this too be a "for sale" thread, cause It seems like that may not be allowed according to the forum rules. If anybody would like to give me some ideas on coming up with a good asking price, or has seen a similar model for sale, I would appreciate the information. KBB is clearly not gonna be useful, since these cars seem to sell for well over book value. I absolutely love my car, bought it new and intended to keep it forever. I am only considering selling it to purchase another purist drivers car, the new Shelby GT350 R. I've always loved the shock on peoples faces when they see my car for the first time and notice it doesn't have a radio, or power windows or seats, or other stuff they are used to seeing on a modern car. The raw focus on speed and handling that my evo has is absolutely intoxicating to me, and I wouldn't even be thinking about selling it except to get another stripped down "race car for the street" type car. The day I hand over the keys will tear my heart out. If this post is a violation of forum rules I apologize. I don't really have many options for trying to value this car, and would appreciate any help very much.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 04:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Well greetings...Interesting screen name you have chosen there .

I am from the other coast and sold my '06 WW RS years ago. Great vehicle
and as you say has many inquisitive features as well as being rare.

Usually stock vehicles are unheard of now-a-days as many have been modded or raced. RS models were truly a blank canvas to start with.

As far as I know you haven't violated any forum site rules as this is an introduction and not a formal sale posting. Please read those rules as there are site limitations as to what you can post. Do no be surprised if you start getting allot of messages and conversation in the event you decide to sell.

A clean virgin '06 White RS will get the floor wet around here.

I have seen clean low mileage RS examples ask for close to their original purchasing price ! Sometimes more

Welcome and good luck!

Last edited by whtrice; Jan 17, 2016 at 04:40 AM.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 04:34 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Hi,

Search the classifieds for another stock RS or price it comparable with any same year model and similar mileage. Good luck with your sale.

Bob
Old Jan 19, 2016, 03:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
After you've dabbled in v8 land you'll be back and your first post here will be I wish I never sold it because nothing you have ever found is a substitute
Old Jan 24, 2016, 09:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
damn why'd you powder coat the rims to match the body
Old Jan 31, 2016, 12:57 PM

The original powder was falling off and I think it looks better and more distinctive. They are the only part of the car to ever receive a compliment from anyone outside the 15-35 year old male demographic.
Originally Posted by MisterRegato
damn why'd you powder coat the rims to match the body
Old Feb 1, 2016, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
pm me some pics if u want, we're both in PA and ill soon be in the market for a 9
Old Feb 2, 2016, 11:12 AM

I will send u some. Waiting for it to clear up a little around here so I can get some good pics somewhere. I hate driving it over salt though so I may just take some in the driveway in a couple of days. I should be posting a formal for sale ad with a price sometime in the next couple of weeks. QUOTE=MisterRegato;11570500]pm me some pics if u want, we're both in PA and ill soon be in the market for a 9[/QUOTE]