Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Gday, im new

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2017, 09:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Gday, im new

Gday everyone
Names Jackson and im new to these forums so gday. At the moment I am looking at buying myself an evo 6 cause its being offered to me for a good price. My main question is would I be able to get 500 whp on 98 octane pump fuel (93/94 octane to you guys from the states) with no water or meth injection and spool time that isn't completely ridiculous. Sounds silly I know but I ask because ive read and heard about people running very high boost on just straight pump fuel, like 28 or even up to 30 psi. I don't care if I have to build the engine but can it be done without blowing the engine up every second day? If these goals are completely unreasonable and crazy then that's no worries as my 2nd option for a car is a VZ Clubsport with a supercharged LSX. I would prefer the evo however due to the lighter weight
My deepest apologies if this strikes a nerve for some of you as I understand you are probably asked by kids or newbies about things like this all the time so for that I am sorry. Id just like to point out that I am fully aware of the high prices a build like this would run me.

Cheers guys, I very much appreciate your time
Jacko
Old May 23, 2017, 07:08 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by Blitza
Gday everyone
Names Jackson and im new to these forums so gday. At the moment I am looking at buying myself an evo 6 cause its being offered to me for a good price. My main question is would I be able to get 500 whp on 98 octane pump fuel (93/94 octane to you guys from the states) with no water or meth injection and spool time that isn't completely ridiculous. Sounds silly I know but I ask because ive read and heard about people running very high boost on just straight pump fuel, like 28 or even up to 30 psi. I don't care if I have to build the engine but can it be done without blowing the engine up every second day? If these goals are completely unreasonable and crazy then that's no worries as my 2nd option for a car is a VZ Clubsport with a supercharged LSX. I would prefer the evo however due to the lighter weight
My deepest apologies if this strikes a nerve for some of you as I understand you are probably asked by kids or newbies about things like this all the time so for that I am sorry. Id just like to point out that I am fully aware of the high prices a build like this would run me.

Cheers guys, I very much appreciate your time
Jacko
Hi Jackson, Welcome

Generally speaking / 500WHP is certainly very doable, but on the older 4G63 w/out the MIVEC head, its unlikely you will get their in stock trim

A stock 4G63 w/larger turbo w/up rated cams & fuel will get you there IMO.

Joe
The following users liked this post:
Blitza (May 23, 2017)
Old May 23, 2017, 07:40 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Welcome Jackson!

I agree with Joe on the turbo, cams and fuel at a minimum.
Blitza (May 23, 2017)
Old May 23, 2017, 09:06 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome guys and your advice is greatly appreciated. When you say fuel, im assuming you mean bigger injectors, upgraded fuel pump ect:?

Last edited by MinusPrevious; May 24, 2017 at 06:48 AM.
MinusPrevious (May 24, 2017)
Old May 24, 2017, 06:48 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Blitza
Thanks for the warm welcome guys and your advice is greatly appreciated. When you say fuel, im assuming you mean bigger injectors, upgraded fuel pump ect:?
Hi Jackson

Basic bolt-ons would include the Walbro 255 & larger injectors (min 1000cc). Consider higher octane fuel if avail (i.e. 93/98 or E85)
Blitza (May 24, 2017)
Old May 24, 2017, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Hi Jackson

Basic bolt-ons would include the Walbro 255 & larger injectors (min 1000cc). Consider higher octane fuel if avail (i.e. 93/98 or E85)
Hey Joe
Thanks heaps for your help and interest mate, its really great to be able to talk to a very knowledgeable person about this. I know my way around a car but i haven't worked on an evo before so im really thankful for this. Yes, definitely going to be using high octane fuel. E85 is a real pain for me to get because of my area so i really want to use my highest octane pump fuel, which here in australia is 98 octane. Im just doing a bit of turbo research for myself at the moment as well.
Thanks heaps
Jackson
Old May 24, 2017, 07:18 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Hi Jackson

Go through this thread here. It really has some good info. I didnt title it, so dont be upset w/me
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...g-dummies.html
Blitza (May 24, 2017)
Old May 24, 2017, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Dude seriously IMO you'll be blowing 50k plus here

built stroker, built tranny and TC, fp black with all the other bolt ones, the car will be good for drags and over powered for AU roads with loss of licence. For Tracking 400hp is a good balance. Look for a good 8 or 9 first then worry about big HP later. You can find lots of build examples on the tune and project threads with dyno charts.

supercharged clubby is just an overweight tyre smoker, I'd go a tuned F6 all day long
Blitza (May 24, 2017)
Old May 24, 2017, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Jonno99
Dude seriously IMO you'll be blowing 50k plus here

built stroker, built tranny and TC, fp black with all the other bolt ones, the car will be good for drags and over powered for AU roads with loss of licence. For Tracking 400hp is a good balance. Look for a good 8 or 9 first then worry about big HP later. You can find lots of build examples on the tune and project threads with dyno charts.

supercharged clubby is just an overweight tyre smoker, I'd go a tuned F6 all day long
Hey mate, cheers for your opinion. All fair points and well made. I would like to know though, why an 8 or 9 over the 6? And yeah believe me, i know 500 whp for the road is bloody quick. Last week i had a spin of a mates 632 awhp R35, thing was an absolute weapon but also great fun. Clubbies are as you said of course but no one can deny they are huge fun haha
Old May 24, 2017, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

You can go a 6 if you like bro but its just older and more things can go wrong and I think you'll need a front diff upgrade and no AYC too, more bucks
Blitza (May 25, 2017)
Old May 25, 2017, 04:49 PM

Hey everyone, thanks heaps for taking some time to help me learn a bit more about these cars. I was actually talking to one of the local tuners yesterday and he was showing me a dyno graph of an evo 8 they did last year that was running 98 octane and boosted to 29 psi and making 534 awhp. Apparently the owner uses it for daily driving as well as track. So im pretty sold now, im gonna go get an evo!
Old May 25, 2017, 04:52 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Lets make this happen, Jackson

You keep us posted on your EvO searching efforts

Joe
Blitza (May 25, 2017)
Old May 25, 2017, 04:57 PM

I sure will will Joe, really appreciate you interest and your help mate, your a champ! LET THE SEARCH BEGIN��

Jackson
MinusPrevious (May 25, 2017)
Old May 25, 2017, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

something like this that's original and cheap with high k and you can do a full rebuild on, leather seats are interesting

Carsales Network IDSSE-AD-4745862

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Mitsubishi-Lancer-2004/SSE-AD-4745862/?Cr=0
Blitza (May 25, 2017)
Old May 25, 2017, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Jonno99
something like this that's original and cheap with high k and you can do a full rebuild on, leather seats are interesting

Carsales Network IDSSE-AD-4745862

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Mitsubishi-Lancer-2004/SSE-AD-4745862/?Cr=0
Thanks heaps for pointing me to that one mate! It certainly does look good, im really glad that its not molested as hell! Leather seats are interesting but doesn't matter what seats it has cause their coming out anyway and being replaced with bucket seats haha. But yeah ive always liked the look of the evo 8s and 9s.