Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Ghost becoming visible

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2004, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ghost becoming visible

first and foremost, i'd like to say hi to all out there...i've been a ghost for the most part on this forum and was hoping to make my debut here when i got an evo8 but now i need the knowledge from those much wiser than i...i'm currently graduating from college and my parents wanted to grab me a car as a graduation present....i'm nice to my parents so i wanted to keep the price preferrably under $30K so the evo8 is perfect because i've always wanted one and it's under $30K....

now here lies the predicament...i was planning on getting an evo this summer but now i hear that the MR is coming in the fall...now if the MR is $33K, i can live with it cuz it'll be like losing my left nut (i still have the right nut to support me) but anything over will be like losing both nuts but having, oh, let's say Kristin Kreuk, as your life partner...dunno if it's a wise choice

so to all u who are much smarter than i, 1) do u think that $33k MR is possible minus ttl, of course, and 2) should i hold out for the MR (if it'll be like $33K) or just nab the evo now

the other idea i was playing with was to grab the evo now and then in 2 or 3 yrs just trade it in for the MR....so please let know what u all think, even though i know this subject has prolly been beaten to death
Old Apr 8, 2004, 11:57 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Do you plan to mod the Evo at all or even see that in the cards? If you plan to mod the car, then you're better off saving the money on a 03 Evo or even a used one... they can be found for a great price.

If you don't expect to do much work and plan to keep the warranty, the MR will be awesome for sure. The only thing is dealers may want to price gouge.

Either way, you can't lose. The Evo is a great car, whether standard, RS, or MR.

Mark
Old Apr 8, 2004, 01:07 PM

yeah...modding came across my mind and that opens up another realm of possibilities....i guess it pretty much depends on how nasty the MR will be...if it's gonna be what everyone says and more, i'd rather throw done the mods in that car

thanks for the response
Old Apr 8, 2004, 03:54 PM

You can get a 03 for invoice right now..... I would guess that the MR will fetch a large premium over MSRP for a least the first 4-6 months after release ( remember when the 03 came out) Thats a lot of bucks for some nice mods and then some IMO
Old Apr 8, 2004, 10:21 PM

that is true....i guess it's all about whether or not i feel like waiting a while for MR prices to come down to normal...i think i'm most leaning towards getting the 03 evo and then trading it in down the road for the MR, maybe after a year or two, but definitely before the evo 9 comes out cuz that's just not cutting the mustard for me

again, thanks for the responses