Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Seats: Sparco Vs Recaro?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2004, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seats: Sparco Vs Recaro?

What do you guys think?

New Sparcos (Milano or Torino, with matching backseats) or Stock seats?

What about comfort?

Neal
Old Apr 8, 2004, 05:32 PM

i would go with sparco evo seats, but thas just me
Old Apr 8, 2004, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

after owning about 7 sets of seats in the past year, this is what i think about the subject:

Sparco- good quality seat, looks good and good back support. price is also very good and the selection and support is top notch. however, Sparco still don't know how to make their seats hold you in place because the bottom part of the seats is really not any better than stock and you will slide during a hard turn. i am not sure why they dont use some better bolsters but if you are a bit wide than it is a great seat.

Recaro- i have owned the SRD, stock EVO 8 and stock EVO 7. the EVO 8 seats is great but again, the bolsters are really not up to the task of hard cornering. the bottom part is designed for fat people and if you are normal size, you will slide off. the EVO 7 seat on the other hand is the perfect seat for a street driven car. it is very comfortable even for a 8 hour drive and the bottom part has great bolsters that will hold you in place. this is by far the best seat i have ever tried for the street. The RECARO SRD on the other hand is an amazing seat for the track due to the high support and great bolsters. it is fairly cheap and also look good. however, the quality on the seat is far from being the best and i found myself fixing the fabric about twice a week. also, this seat is not that comfortable for every day because it is very tight with high bolsters so getting in and out is not that easy.
Old Apr 8, 2004, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

keep in mind that all of the above is in regards to the reclining seats. i have also tried about 7 bucket seats so let me know if you want a write up about that too.
Old Apr 8, 2004, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes I want to hear about fixed seats too.
Old Apr 8, 2004, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

ok so here goes:

sparco- i have tried the sparco evo and evo 2. both of them are great around a track and on hard cornering. the price is great and the quality is there. if you are skinny , than the sparco evo is the seat for you. it is really tight and offers a perfect driving position and will hold you in place even during the sharpest turn. if you are a bit wider, try out the EVO II. the seat was designed for wider people and it is a bot wider on the bottom and in the back. it is a very comfortable seat and i am 6'1 160lbs. i would go with the sparco no doubt due to price, quality, look and of course support.

recaro- i have tried the SPG and fell in love with it in less than 5 mins. it is a very tight seat with great quality and you can pretty much get it any way you want due to RECARO options. the price is pretty good for the seat. the one thing i really liked about it was the shoulder suport grippy material. it holds you in place like a racing seat should and it is also very light which is always a plus. you can also get the seats in full carbon or kevlar but the price is reallly high for those. the SPG is used a lot in japan in many racing cars and there is a good reason for that. it is a great seat for the track but the downside is the comfort for the street. the seat is very tight so driving around the street can get tiring after a short period. also, a lot of people hated riding in my car because they said that the seat is not comfortable and it is not for everybody.

bride- bride offers many racing seats and considered to be the best when it comes to racing seats in japan. i only tried the ZETA III for about 10 mins on the show floor and i have to admit that i was blown away. the quality of the seat is just something else. the fabric is great and the bolsters are just perfect. i only wished i got more time in them bith on the track and on the street.

OMP- another amazing seat and it is used a lot on the rally cars and race cars. i sat in one in my friend's rally car and was really impressed with both the quality and support. it is again a race seat so it might be too much for daily driven car.

choosing a racing seat or even a reclining seat for that matter is really subjective and should be done like you buy a car. forget internet advice and what other people think. each person is different both in size and also in what the think is more important in a seat. i have a friend that would only use sparco torino while i think that they are a waste of money because they really don't improve on the stock seats. bottom line is that you should go to your local motorsport shop and just try every single seat they got. you will be able to find the right seat for you in less than 2 mins and than you should check on line to find opinions about quality.
Old Apr 9, 2004, 02:07 AM

Recaro, i havent had much to do with the New Sparcos but i am a big fan of Recaros, but hey thats just me. I think in the end itll just come down to your own personal opinion