Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Weather Evo

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2004, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weather Evo

u know i just thought of something...this is my first time having a turbo car. EVO 8 yea well my question is. i live in arizona and it's very hot here like 100-110 degrees out side. could my car be running a bit slower due to the hot weather....does it affect turbo in anyway? i notice that in the winter my car goes pretty fast. but than again i just added an aem intake and a perrin downpipe. recently . i felt that i loss horsepower but could this be because of the hot weather? and i actually gain but it's just too hot to tell. or did i really lose horsepower by added the two things i did.
Old May 10, 2004, 12:48 PM
UFO
Evolved Member

Hot weather & humid weather absolutely kill cars. The air is more dense when cold and dry.
Old May 10, 2004, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

Yup, UFO is exactly right.. The combination of high temps and humidity will really kill your power. Just go out on a cool desert night and nail it, you will see what we are talking about.

People may chime in on how the turbocharger is supposed to make up for the lack of dense air. While they are right to some extent, it still will really hurt performance. It's just the way forced induction goes.
Old May 10, 2004, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

my first turbocharged car as well, and i can say i was pretty scared when i drove the car on a really hot day. thought i may have broken into the car improperly or something, but the more i drove it the more i realized that cooler the temperature the better it performed, and as it got hotter the turbo wouldnt really pull me back into my seat as it normally would've done

either way, the car is still incredibly fast, so i'm not complainin, especially considerin i drove a 2001 eclipse gt b4 this
Old May 10, 2004, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

i had a wrx before my evo and i live in peoria, compared to the wrx during the summer, you can feel it alot more with the EVO, but when spring and winter hit the car is a beast. where in phx are you located. Isnt the EVO a blast.... i am only 19 and i never want another car, i absolutly love this car... happy HOT motoring HAHA

VIII
Old May 10, 2004, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

scttdale.....thanks for all the input...ur probally right. i keep thinking that i shouldn't have put in the intake and perrin downpipe if my car was gonna be slower . but hopefully i'll see a great diffents when summer ends
Old May 10, 2004, 04:20 PM

Those of us in "the valley of the sun" take a double wammy in the summer. Not only does performance drop from our turbocharged cars from the blazing heat (as described above), but we also take a penalty when we have to run the A/C day and night!

Red '88T04 410rwhp

For those in the Phx area, what dealer did you buy your EVO from? Pros-Cons?

Thanks
Old May 10, 2004, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

but than again i just added an aem intake and a perrin downpipe

Just off hand I'd say you need a tune. Hot humid air is bad, hot dry air is next, but a confused eec sucks the most.
BMan.
Old May 10, 2004, 06:52 PM

i live in south florida and its hot and humid all the time. The hot nasty weather is killer down here during the summer. I'm at least thankful we arent above sea level.
Old May 11, 2004, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

Mark mitsubishi on glendale ave and around 43rd, well huh i ****ing hope that dealership burns down.... with all the ***** *** sevice people in it.. jk, no i dont like any mark mitsubishi, they are really shady, but tempe mitsubishi rocks, they really honor the warranty unlike 90% of the dealerships in AZ