Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Test Drove an Evo Today......

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2004, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Test Drove an Evo Today......

And I loved it!!!

So I'm heading back to Lexington today from Bowling Green, and I decided to pop over to the Mitsu dealer and look at an Evo. I have been back and forth now for a while on what I wanted to do with my vehicle situation. I have a 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S. So anyway, they have three Evo's at the local dealer (two red and a silver).

As soon as I pull up, there is a salesman waiting there. So I start into my whole spiel about researching the Evo, 350Z, and STi. Instantly, he grabs the keys to the Evo and says "Let's take it out." Sweet.

Right out of the dealer lot, the salesman slams on the gas and starts hauling serious *** down the road. Jokingly, I asked him what his manager would think if he saw him driving like this. He responded, "I'll find out when I get back, because we just passed him." Classic.

We go to a hotel parking lot that was empty, and he let me drive it around the lot. That thing is a beast, let me tell ya. I threw it around pretty good, and it didn't miss a lick. I got to drive it back to the dealership. On the way there, a (you guessed it) Civic pulled up and revved at me. Honest to God, the salesman turned to me and told me to floor it on green.

I was like "WTF? Are you serious?" He said, "Do it." Poor Civic never had a chance But the Civic was cool about it, gave me the big at the next light (which was my turn back into the dealership)

No 350Z test drive, for it started raining hard. And I have yet to find a STi anywhere to test. And now its my birthday (one more year until the insurance goes down!!)

All in all, a great day.
Old May 27, 2004, 07:48 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Yawn...... just another day in the life of an Evo owner! Glad you had fun!

Speedlimit...
Old May 27, 2004, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

you are lucky... most dealers will not let just anyone test drive one. BTW drive careful or your age wont be what makes your insurance look like a house payment.
Old May 27, 2004, 08:01 PM

i cant wate untill i go find my evo i'm still thinking about the MR but i dont know the real price tag on one of those
Old May 27, 2004, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by WildRice
you are lucky... most dealers will not let just anyone test drive one. BTW drive careful or your age wont be what makes your insurance look like a house payment.
Boy don't I know it! My family owns an insurance agency and they are freaking out that I am even considering this car. I love it! Almost 25 thought, so its all good.
Old May 28, 2004, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Sounds hella fun!!!
Old May 28, 2004, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

cool. i had the reverse. the evo salesman was a ***** and barely let me drive 2 miles. but when i test drove the sti, the salesman took me to a backroad where he said his friends drag race at night. i redlined 1st thru 3rd, and went deep into 4th. sweet!!!
Old May 28, 2004, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

Congratulations and Happy birthday

BTW if you get married the rates also go down, so choose carefully. Pick a woman that likes speed....HA HA!! God I'm in such a good mood today. My Bday is also May 27. Yee haw!!