Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

How much hp can you get out of your 2002 Lancer Rally editon?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2002, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck on your goal of 320, but I agree if $$ was no issue why the Lancer??

-NorCalOZ
Old Sep 18, 2002, 06:54 AM
Evolving Member

That's what I'm saying. If money's no object, go buy something that has more available parts...hell, import a 7 or 6 or whatever you can find, but...

*sigh*
Old Sep 18, 2002, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

buy an echo...800hp stock
Old Sep 18, 2002, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

800hp stock huh more like 800 human power instead of horse
Old Sep 18, 2002, 07:22 AM

Well think about it guys! how many lancers to civics are there on the road? i would say maybe 20,000 to about 100,000,000.. come on now i bought the lancer to be different to make a car that could compete with a Mustang Cobra....i am not barking up the wrong tree i am treading new territory and trying to make something yall say is impossible...no matter my lack of experience yall may say it can't be done but i want at least 280-320hp and i believe with the right parts it can be done...think about it how many civics are hooked up and how many lancers are hooked up?!? I want to look nice and be able to beat the competitor whenever he pulls up next to me in the drag line... just like i did with my crx.....but this is a new car with new ideas.....just takes a little time for these companies to get motivated to make things for our cars....and you know with the demand going up they will start to make things for them...it's only a matter of time!!!!!! This means alot of emailing and alot of talking on the phone to these companies which i am willing to do!!!!
Old Sep 18, 2002, 07:54 AM

is it me or have i read 2 pages of flames just bc somebody wants a usdm lancer to go fast...give me a break...hey brother if you got the cash to work 320 hp on a lancer...then do it...and if you ever need some free labor give me a yell...i would be more than happy to participate...i am also looking to get 275-300 hp outta my car...and the reason i didnt get a more expensive car is bc my credit sucks...i would rather pay 280 a month and have several hundred to dip into the car than pay 500 a month on a car that isnt original...and with friends and creative ideas 300 hp shouldnt be too far away...just a piece of my mind...now flame away...i had a neon back in 98 when people thought running 9s in a neon was crazy...hey people will come up with the sheet for us to push crazy limits...dont hate on people bc they want to see that day...now flame on
Old Sep 18, 2002, 09:08 AM

I appreciate that zeroIIracing.....about time someone has my back and i would more than likely take a trip up there sometime soon to see the shop!!!! It's nice to have money to drop on a car that can be original....that is why i am doing it and i have been inspired by people like zeroIIracing! More or less all you haters that dont' think it can be done......watch and find out because by the summer it will more than likely be done!!!!
Old Sep 18, 2002, 09:16 AM

4g63

well, if your lookin to get your hands on a 4g63 (cyclone) try ardperformance.com they sell jdm engines. they come with somewhere around 30,000 miles. check it out.
Old Sep 18, 2002, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

wait, you had a hooked up CRX? But are clueless as to what you would need to do to the Lancer? **** don't add up dawg. Not flamin, but keep ya pipe dreams at home.

done deal

EDIT: To do the things that would have to be done to get 280-320 hp means you have to not only have 10G but have 10G that you can spend at one time, in one transaction, on a car modification. What kinda baller goes from a CRX to a Lancer and doesn't know the first thing about tuning? Phonies thats who.

Last edited by Pimpson; Sep 18, 2002 at 09:53 AM.
Old Sep 18, 2002, 09:46 AM

NO PROB FASTPACED...I AM DOING SOME COSMETICS ON THE CAR NOW JUST TO MAKE IT LOOK GOOD TO DRIVE AROUND IN AND SOON AS WINTER HITS...ITS GETTING GARAGED THE ENGINE IS COMING OUT AND THEN ALL HELL IS GONNA BREAK LOOSE...LANCER ON
Old Sep 18, 2002, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Wheeeeeee...that's a lot of horsepower. Almost 3x as much. You'll need oh...forged...everything. Then a nice little turbo. One super duty manifold, a big nasty intercooler, tons of fuel and engine management mods. A turbo spec cam and some timing changes probably. A nice LSD to make sure you actually get that power to the ground. Maybe even reworked front suspension and steering compenents. Don't wanna snap an axel like so many Civics...phew...
Old Sep 18, 2002, 11:41 AM

Originally posted by Pimpson
wait, you had a hooked up CRX? But are clueless as to what you would need to do to the Lancer? **** don't add up dawg. Not flamin, but keep ya pipe dreams at home.

done deal

EDIT: To do the things that would have to be done to get 280-320 hp means you have to not only have 10G but have 10G that you can spend at one time, in one transaction, on a car modification. What kinda baller goes from a CRX to a Lancer and doesn't know the first thing about tuning? Phonies thats who.
-Yeah..
Old Sep 18, 2002, 11:48 AM
Evolving Member

ya know what. message ROCK. i'd assume that with someone as willing as you to give their car and their bank account an overhaul, road race would gladly toss your car in their shop and have sick amounts of fun with it.
that's my recommendation
Old Sep 18, 2002, 12:50 PM

Pimpson i never once said that i dove into the engine and learned every part about it on the CRX! i said that i had one, and just like everyone else i am sure stood back and let the professionals do the work the first time around! I am just trying to learn now this is my way of learning so don't riticule it! Just a question pimpson how did you learn about lancers? Did you not learn from asking questions and then trying things out? Yeah that is the way most people learn so why dont' you help instead of just running your mouth! i ain't trying to be mean DAWG but i am trying to learn so don't knock it!
Old Sep 19, 2002, 12:33 AM
Evolved Member

they didn't give you a receipt and tell you what they did? you just put over x amount of money and got the car back not knowing what was going on? All I'm saying is that your lying. If you had a CRX and tuned it the steps are similar on this car. And if you want the kind of hp U talk of on the lancer, than money need be no object, and if money is no object you wouldn't drive a. a crx, b. a US Lancer. If you just wanna learn then do more research, ask questions but the questions you ask are bound to ask will be ones already asked and answered here, so search before you ask.

Quick Reply: How much hp can you get out of your 2002 Lancer Rally editon?