Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Buschur muffler delete pipe

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2004, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buschur muffler delete pipe

I don't really know much about the Buschur muffler delete pipe, but would this void any Mitsu warranties on the car? I might buy the 7yr extended warranty on a used EVO and if this voids it, then there's no point of me buying the extended warranty.
Old Jun 3, 2004, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

For one, it won't fit on stock downpipe and intermediate pipe b/c BR's test pipe has slip fit flanges. I can't comment on warranty, but you'll definitely fail any state emissions test.
Old Jun 3, 2004, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kdogg
For one, it won't fit on stock downpipe and intermediate pipe b/c BR's test pipe has slip fit flanges. I can't comment on warranty, but you'll definitely fail any state emissions test.
uh... kdogg, he's talking about the muffler delete... not the CAT delete.

Is there potential to void your warranty? Yes, anything you modify that relates to the performance of your engine/drivetrain could possibly void your warranty. The company, however, has to show proof that your modification caused part X to fail.

Your best bet would be to work it out with the dealership in advance before actually installing the mods. You need to be reasonable, however. If you remove the catalyst obviously that will void your emissions. If you crank the boost, don't expect them to be receptive about replacing your tranny, turbo, or failed piston. Just be logical and make sure the dealer is receptive to your mods.
Old Jun 3, 2004, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Whoops, !

FWIW, myself and another local member have muffler delete pipes. Our cars have been in the shop a few times, and our dealer hasn't said a word.
Old Jun 4, 2004, 07:37 AM

yea they usually don't until something gets broken, but they'll have records of all mods when that time comes.
Old Jun 4, 2004, 07:39 AM

either way the muffler delte pipe would only void emissions warranty if they could prove it was the muffler that caused the problem. And how often does something in emissions actually get messed up right?
Old Jun 4, 2004, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PinnacleChronos
either way the muffler delte pipe would only void emissions warranty if they could prove it was the muffler that caused the problem. And how often does something in emissions actually get messed up right?
Actually a muffler delete won't void your emissions warranty as long as all the emissions gear is still in place (02 sensor, CAT, etc...). Most performance minded people really don't care if their emissions fail because it gives them the excuse to replace it...
Old Jun 5, 2004, 02:06 PM
Evolving Member

It is my car that that PinnacleChronos is possibly looking to buy. It took me about 20min to install the pipe and can be removed and replaced with the OEM muffler in even less time. I could not possibly imagine the a dealer voiding the warranty because of a simply 2 ft pipe from the rear axle back. I have brought the car into the dealer a few times for maintenance and I would bet they had NO IDEA the car had this part installed. It looks competely stock and only sounds a little louder.

Compared to the VW GTI 337 I drove yesterday the Evo is an animal .... think I am leaning toward buying a BMW 330ci !
Old Jun 6, 2004, 04:11 PM

haha ok thanx Michael and everybody else for clearing it up

Well after the test drive you'll see how you like the 330Ci also. Like i told you on the phone my friend with the GSR, and 337, felt my friend's 330Ci was slow. The ride feel would probably be close to the 337 but don't quote me on that as I'm juss guessing since they're all German and sort of the same style cars.
Old Jun 6, 2004, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

I am trying to convince myslef to do the right thing and just buy the 337 ... maybe to help out the power deficit I will get a chip for it asap.