Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Seriously, I think I just blew my new evo's engine [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2004, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow..you watch the speedo when you race...huh...the tach is all you need
Old Jul 11, 2004, 12:10 PM

I changed my oil today, it was pennzoil , but dealership said evo can not take any other oil but mobile one syntec , they cliam it was my fault and could avoid all its related warranties. I was like changing oil will damage the motor? What do you guys think?
Old Jul 11, 2004, 12:14 PM

some of you guys keep saying it's not possible to hit over 7600 rpm, I am not denying any of your comments, but i think I saw it actually hit 9000 and dropped, and what's weird is the engine is all stock, I don't have any mods. That makes me think engine might has some defect parts that normally would not allow to hit over 7600, but on my car it did.
Old Jul 11, 2004, 12:36 PM

first of all, i have hit the rev limiter before as well, i was passing two cars on a country road and the first one didn't see me and went to pull out to pass the car in front of him, he almost hit me i honked all the while i was flooring it in 3rd to pass them, i didn't look to see where my rpms were, and BANG!! a loud pop noise a cloud of black smoke and i was off into fourth..scared the **** out of me and i'm sure the other guy as well..that was months ago and my car is fine....don't stress that one!

i was also overly paranoid when i first got my car, i thought every little sound was something wrong, especially cause i bought mine with 500 miles on it and thought it was dogged before i got it, i have almost 20,000 miles on it and NO complaints or malfunctions, and i AM modified.

fact of the matter is that the evos engine is broken in at the factory before it is even put into your car, that is why the manual says it has a 500 mile break-in instead of the usual 2,000-3,000mile break-in most cars have, so i wouldn't worry about the racing thing either.

the oil change thing is not good, i would drain it immediatly and get mobil1 fully synthetic oil, i belive it does state that your warranty is void if you use a different oil......but don't be conserned about that cause your warranty was voided as soon as you posted the word race on this site....mitsubishi corporate is trying to save the company from bankruptcy and can't possibly be expected to live up to their end of the warranty agreements! there are several threads on that issue!

good luck, i hope this all helps!

Last edited by jrhecker; Jul 11, 2004 at 12:38 PM.