Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Stock sound system

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2004, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stock sound system

I was wondering if the Evo's stock sound system is any good. I assume its nothing special. Do you get a nice rich sound or is it really ****ty. I am just trying to get an idea. What do you guys think?
Old Jul 19, 2004, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

I dont know, but mine sounds pretty good. Sometimes when i have it alittle loud with guitars and drums blarring, one of my speakers makes a nasty static/busted sound. Dont know if its the tweeter or door speaker.
Old Jul 19, 2004, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

not good, I have added an very high power Alpine deck, like 60 watts/channel. 24 watts per channel RMS. This has helped alot. I have usually spent thousands on all my other car's stereos but I have put that money into performance here. I can't remember what stock sounded like, but I do remember the new deck helping quite a bit. Anytime you add more power, even existing stock crappy speakers, will sound better. i know the 04's have that infinity system avail. i am sure that sounds better
Old Jul 19, 2004, 10:18 AM

i just got my evo, and the system in it is not too bad, has good vocals, and the bass is not the best but is decent enough to live with. i plan on running the **** out of the stock speakers b4 doing anything else
Old Jul 19, 2004, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the sound system in the Evo is pretty decent considering it's stock. it can be better, but in my opinion the upgraded sound doesn't sound that much different than the stock system either. it includes an infinity amp and subwoofer and sound is a lot more crisp, but an aftermarket radio producting more watts per channel would be better off.

however imo, i can live without upgrading the sound cuz i rather save the money and use it on engine mods!
Old Jul 20, 2004, 08:58 AM

is the remote keyless entry integrated with the stereo like on some other cars? and how card is it to remove the stock stereo? Anyone have instructions/guides?
Old Jul 21, 2004, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

no the remote is not interegated oin anyway... just unlocks and locks! The stock stero is very easy to remove, and there is a FAQ her somewhere, do a search in the how to section.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 03:24 AM
Evolved Member

The stock 140 watt system is ok but certainly not good enough I upgraded everying on my stereo. Deck speakers wires amps subs custom install the works. The sound isn't even comparable to the stock system
Old Jul 22, 2004, 10:09 AM

it is quite decent at low volume, dont crank it up to powerful bass though
Old Jul 22, 2004, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

the stock bass response IMO sucks badly, there is no punch. I could blow up a plastic bag and bang on it and get more bass reponse...
Old Jul 22, 2004, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Eh, my catback pretty much obliviates any point to a nice sound system... unless I want to listen to it with the engine off.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 07:22 PM
SoR
Evolved Member

I changed the stereo and kept the stock speakers and the sound improved somewhat. I have no intention in changing the speakers. I'm satisfied.
Could it be better - hell yea, but I just don't care.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 05:13 AM

I listen to mostly classic rock, maybe techno now and then, when im feeling saucy. so i don't need anything great to enjoy my music.
Old Jul 24, 2004, 12:05 PM

My friends tell me my stock system is really nice and i'm not the type of guy whos gonna go full blast on the music while driving. My friend Chris actually thought i got a amp because the base was sounding nice. If there is anything imma add its gonna be DVD player cuz just change the bulbs on your stock deck lights to red or blue or watever and it looks really nice i have some pics of them in my page.
Old Jul 24, 2004, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

I can't believe I'm hearing this... whats wrong with you guys doesn't anyone have the ***** to put in a decent system???

Quick Reply: Stock sound system