Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

can someone help me with the factory radio removal?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2004, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infinity? I had this Sony all hooked through a EQ/amp and seperate 12" Infinity Kappa subs in my old car, but now it's just straight up and honestly I don't remember the outputs it has. You can couple that changer with any Sony head, and I'm sure other brands market an MP3 changer also. Basically what I'm saying is short of an Ipod, a changer that decodes mp3s the best, most cost effective way to have tons of music at hand. If you want to enter any sound competitions, it probably won't be that great, but it's a very quality unit and the changer NEVER skips.

My old Clarion Pro Audio head had tons of outputs, but it didn't have an internal amp, so it needed them to run through other amps/eqs. That unit was amazing!
Old Sep 15, 2004, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

thanks. no, i wont be entering any sound competitions, i'm just want to swap the fugly stock infinity head unit.
Old Sep 15, 2004, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Oh... you meant the stock Infinity... I took it off the first day, so I didn't even remember the brand Yeah, I mean, the setup I have is like $250 (including changer), and if you want a cd head slightly more. The sound quality is as good as any other "regular" system, and the installation is simple. Really, as far as I'm concered, it's the way to go!

Check out this setup:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-RiHzndX...&avf=N&search=

plus

for $270 you've got a changer that you can fill up with 10 mp3 discs (7GB/800minutes of music!) plus a head unit you can put your regular album cds in. I only bought the cassette head because I have a lot of old 1st-take studio tapes that I'm too lazy to copy to CD.
Old Sep 15, 2004, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Talking

Originally Posted by SterlingEvo
Oh... you meant the stock Infinity... I took it off the first day, so I didn't even remember the brand Yeah, I mean, the setup I have is like $250 (including changer), and if you want a cd head slightly more. The sound quality is as good as any other "regular" system, and the installation is simple. Really, as far as I'm concered, it's the way to go!

Check out this setup:

plus

for $270 you've got a changer that you can fill up with 10 mp3 discs (7GB/800minutes of music!) plus a head unit you can put your regular album cds in. I only bought the cassette head because I have a lot of old 1st-take studio tapes that I'm too lazy to copy to CD.
thanks for the info..i'll pm you if i have any questions if its ok. i'm kinda electronically challenged.
Old Sep 15, 2004, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

No problem!
Old Sep 15, 2004, 11:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RaleighEVOVIII
here is two options for you to mount the eq: Found the part #'s on another thread for you then linked to mitsubishiparts.net

MZ598263EX - CD Changer Install kit (converts lower tray to DIN panel, comes with rails to accomodate stock radio)

MR626799 - Lower DIN panel (same panel as above, but no rails ... much cheaper and works with aftermarket radios)
so since i'm installing a kenwood eq, i can just get lower din panel?

if so next question is, how do i remove everything to install that? lets say if i put

my sony headunit on the bottom and eq on top.? i just installed the

sony headunit today and the length of factory harness was just long enough to

connect on top. how would i pull it down to the bottom? and how would i connect

the wires between the eq and the headunit?

thanx guys. i really appreciated.

Last edited by [TYPE]SS; Sep 15, 2004 at 11:18 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

It's a bit more tricky, but still easy, and that would be a pretty cool and unique setup. To remove the storage panel below, I think there's one screw on the bottom front side of it. Then it just pulls off. Then you put on the Din-sized replacement panel the same way and screw it in the bottom. There is ample space behind the climate controls for wiring, you just have to thread everything through. As far as the harness that plugs back into the radio, you don't have to pull it any further than before, you just move it to the bottom instead of the top. In fact I think the bottom is closer to where it originates anyway... After this, you'll be a Master
Old Sep 16, 2004, 02:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SterlingEvo
It's a bit more tricky, but still easy, and that would be a pretty cool and unique setup. To remove the storage panel below, I think there's one screw on the bottom front side of it. Then it just pulls off. Then you put on the Din-sized replacement panel the same way and screw it in the bottom. There is ample space behind the climate controls for wiring, you just have to thread everything through. As far as the harness that plugs back into the radio, you don't have to pull it any further than before, you just move it to the bottom instead of the top. In fact I think the bottom is closer to where it originates anyway... After this, you'll be a Master
koo. do u know if a kenwood eq can be installed on a factory setup? meaning,

without aftermarket power amps and all?

thanx
Old Sep 16, 2004, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

I think it entirely depends on the head unit. I'm sure that it can't be used simply with the stock radio.