Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

????injen intake????

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2004, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ????injen intake????

im just wondering, is the injen cai really out or is it just a rumor?
plz let me knw.
Old Sep 20, 2004, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

yep, it's been out for a few months now. Only for 5-speed though.
Old Sep 20, 2004, 03:05 PM

do you knw where i can purchase it, im from canada.
also you knw anyone got it installed? i curious.
Old Sep 20, 2004, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

If you go to www.injen.com, and navigate to their "dealer list", you'll find a bunch of shops in canada that carry injen products. As far as online, their most popular dealer is probably www.overboost.com, but I think www.ptuning.com may have it as well.

There are a lot of guys who have it installed, along with pics. Do a search in the ralliart forums with the keyword "injen" and you'll be sure to find them!
Old Sep 21, 2004, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Mattville I got the injen intake installed in my RA, and I know there are a few others here as well. Not one single person yet has had any negative feedback from their injen CAI. As for where to purchase... your out of Vancouver you can try a place called KTS technologies they seem to have a ton of lancer stuff their. Otherwise if you don't mind shipping their is a great place here in Calgary where I got mine from. I have yet to see a better deal (CND) then what I paid. Keep in mind though the main Injen distributor is out of Vancouver so search around and you should find a good deal.
Old Sep 22, 2004, 01:57 AM

Yeah I also have the intake i have only installed it as the short ram but I really like it. I am in cali so I would not be able to help you with anyone in your area. But i really would suggest this mod.
Old Sep 22, 2004, 08:30 AM
Evolving Member

Click me!!

Good deal there...
Old Sep 25, 2004, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

Hi just got my Injen CAI for my RA, bought it from a local speed store that ordered it in. Cost me $330 with taxes CDN. I installed it at 2am althought it was really really rainy out side and there was alot of puddles. I got scared so I installed it as a SRI for now. Im gonna do the rest of the install when it gets better out. Althought I don't like the fact about reading in the instructions that I have to remove the front bumper of the car to get infront of the wheel well to cut a 5x5 inch hole to feed the second piping through.. Any one find an alternative?

INSTALL:

Anyways install went smoothly, I did get frustrated with the removal of the screws for the sensor :S, for some reasons screw drivers did not cooperate with the screw and it actualy stripped it.. So what I did was use pliers to file down two flat edges in the round screw top. then with wrenches I finally got it out. for the moment of truth turned on the car and it sounded the same... Till i guned it on the slippery highways lol. never had a CAI before in any previous cars, quite suprised at the sound it made. Big sucking "spooly" sound lol. Low end punch didnt really much of a difference but then when after about 3500 when the sucking sound cut out and heard the mivec roar it climed pretty quick then at about 5000 the sucking sound came back in with a vengence! good investment, anyone thinking of injen i must say its a good choice, easy to install and good results even for the short ram application it has, can't wait till i put the cold air piping in.
Old Sep 26, 2004, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Moving to Newbie Forum.