Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

How to hook up an OIL pressure gauge?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2009, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to hook up an OIL pressure gauge?

Ok, so I know that a lot of people buy the sandwich adapter for the oil filter, but to save me the $75, is there any other spot to hook up the oil pressure probe to? Thanks
Old Jan 17, 2009, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

To tell you the truth IDk what your asking but I hope this helps.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...e-senders.html
Old Jan 17, 2009, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

The sandwich plate is unnecessary for the evo from what I have found.

Do some searchin for the details but I think you have 3 options...

-2 near the oil filter (higher pressure readings)
-1 up on head (lower pressure readings)

Just looked into this myself. Good luck!
Old Jan 17, 2009, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

I just did mine. Use the large allen plug in the oil filter housing. The one closer to the center of the car. You ARE going to need the adapter from 42 draft designs. It's some crazy bspt thread. NO npt threads are going to work. I tried....unless you are a fan of using 20 wraps of teflon tape and trust it to not leak. You are then going to need a 45 or 90 degree 1/8 npt fitting. Most sensors wont clear the lower cross member. One other thing...that allen plug is glued/sealed in place. You are going to need a breaker bar to loosen it. It won't break loose, it will just start to turn slow. The glue/sealant they used is really gummy.

This is exactly what you are going to need... http://store.42draftdesigns.com/Lanc...ptor_p_53.html
Old Jan 17, 2009, 11:49 AM

Awesome, thanks for all the help!
Old Jan 21, 2009, 08:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Psquared
I just did mine. Use the large allen plug in the oil filter housing. The one closer to the center of the car. You ARE going to need the adapter from 42 draft designs. It's some crazy bspt thread. NO npt threads are going to work. I tried....unless you are a fan of using 20 wraps of teflon tape and trust it to not leak. You are then going to need a 45 or 90 degree 1/8 npt fitting. Most sensors wont clear the lower cross member. One other thing...that allen plug is glued/sealed in place. You are going to need a breaker bar to loosen it. It won't break loose, it will just start to turn slow. The glue/sealant they used is really gummy.

This is exactly what you are going to need... http://store.42draftdesigns.com/Lanc...ptor_p_53.html
I believe that the refered to fitting is a 3/8 BSPT to 1/8 NPT but I am not 100% sure. Search Wikipedia for what NPT is and BSPT is as I am no pipe thread expert. One is a British standard...

IIRC, smaller sizes tend to play better than larger sizes when trying to thread BSPT into NPT or vice versa. If this is true, then I would say if you wanted to mix any threads it would be to mix the 1/8 fitting rather than the 3/8 fitting.

In my opinion it should be done right the first time but it is totally up to you as some people have no problems with mixing these types of threads

Let us know what you do and how it works out for ya...