Notices

WORLD DEBUT - Do Luck Evo X Duckbill Trunk lid

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2009, 02:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BPAuto
I wish I knew. After we funded the R&D for this product, it took roughly 8 months from the moment Do-Luck started designing the trunk to the moment where they were at our warehouse. I would like to say the FRP is a few months away but the reality is that it might take a year before we see it. We want to see how popular the carbon version is before we invest in an FRP version. Same for Do-Luck, if not enough people by the carbon version, there really is no need to fabricate an FRP version.

-Hunter
No offense, but i think you have it backwards. If a lot of people bought the CF version you wouldn't need to make a FRP versions because you could just sell CF all day long. I think there are a good number of people (including myself) that would much rather have a FRP version not only to save some cash but because it is just unnecessary to have it in CF. Plain and simple, they just don't need/want it to be CF.

If the R&D has already been done, why not make a more affordable frp version and capitalize on more sales?

I understand that there is a level of exclusivity by owning this trunk and limiting its production to CF only adds to that. But for what it's worth, i can tell you that i will be one of the first people in line the day a FRP version is released.

Please PM me if such a day should ever come.
Old May 30, 2009, 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

pm me price shipped to 60077 pls
Old May 30, 2009, 10:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mikevoSE
No offense, but i think you have it backwards. If a lot of people bought the CF version you wouldn't need to make a FRP versions because you could just sell CF all day long. I think there are a good number of people (including myself) that would much rather have a FRP version not only to save some cash but because it is just unnecessary to have it in CF. Plain and simple, they just don't need/want it to be CF.

If the R&D has already been done, why not make a more affordable frp version and capitalize on more sales?

I understand that there is a level of exclusivity by owning this trunk and limiting its production to CF only adds to that. But for what it's worth, i can tell you that i will be one of the first people in line the day a FRP version is released.

+1 for FRP version
Old May 31, 2009, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

Love it! No need for the CF as it would get painted. +2 for FRP version. Either way its in my future, just would like a more affordable version.
Old May 31, 2009, 10:47 PM
Evolving Member

+3 for FRP version... I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I love this trunk but don't really want to pay for CF when i'm just going to paint
Old May 31, 2009, 10:56 PM
Evolving Member

damn what a gorgeous trunk... hoping for cheaper FRP version. this non-sss wing is F'ing embarassing.

millitary discount? even a break on shipping costs to hawaii?
Old Jul 14, 2009, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mikevoSE

+1 once again. not a big fan of resurrecting older threads but any info or updates on a more affordable yet just as sexy frp version would be much appreciated
Old Jul 14, 2009, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
+1 once again. not a big fan of resurrecting older threads but any info or updates on a more affordable yet just as sexy frp version would be much appreciated
Actually I'm glad you brought this one back up, cause I've been waiting on an FRP version for a while.... updates please.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 03:04 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If there is enough demand it is possible that we could have Do-Luck make some FRP trunks. They would be a little bit less expensive than the carbon fiber trunks. How many people are genuinely interested?

-Patrick
Email: sales@bulletproofautomotive.com
Direct North American Dealers for Voltex, Mines, Varis, First Molding, HKS Kansai, Cusco, HKS, Advan, Volk, Ings+1, C-West, Work, and so much more...
Old Jul 15, 2009, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

1, depending on your definition of "a little bit less expensive" is
Old Jul 15, 2009, 03:18 PM

^+1
Old Jul 15, 2009, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

+3 for a reasonable price not just a little less.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

interested, i think many more people will be interested in the FRP because of the cheaper price.

Many people are going to paint over the carbon anyway, leaving it unpainted is kinda gaudy.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

Definitely interested.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 04:36 PM
Evolving Member

theres 5 right there

Quick Reply: WORLD DEBUT - Do Luck Evo X Duckbill Trunk lid