Notices

WORLD DEBUT - Do Luck Evo X Duckbill Trunk lid

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2009, 11:14 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GGIXMRSE06
FRP Du Luck are made in Japan or CA?
The FRP and carbon Do-Luck trunks are made in Japan.

-Patrick
Email: sales@bulletproofautomotive.com
Direct North American Dealers for Voltex, Mines, Varis, First Molding, HKS Kansai, Cusco, HKS, Advan, Volk, Ings+1, C-West, Work, and so much more...
Old Aug 11, 2009, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BPAuto
The FRP and carbon Do-Luck trunks are made in Japan.

-Patrick
So, since your version comes from Japan, does this come w/ authentic label on the product and on the box packaging as well?
Old Aug 11, 2009, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

maybe in taiwan

FRP Du Luck are made in Japan or CA?
Old Aug 11, 2009, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

i guess not:crap :

So, since your version comes from Japan, does this come w/ authentic label on the product and on the box packaging as well?
Old Aug 11, 2009, 10:25 PM
Evolving Member

No, seriously. I'm very interested in this product. However, what I would like to know is that if this product sold by BulletProof in association w/ Japan Do Luck, comes w/ some type of authentic label on the trunk itself and boxing.

I ask this because I saw the real deal Do Luck and it does come with a authentic label for it.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 05:28 AM
Evolving Member

+500000000000000000000000000000000000

me to i want to know

No, seriously. I'm very interested in this product. However, what I would like to know is that if this product sold by BulletProof in association w/ Japan Do Luck, comes w/ some type of authentic label on the trunk itself and boxing.

I ask this because I saw the real deal Do Luck and it does come with a authentic label for it.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 09:24 AM
Silver Sponsor

We haven't received any of the trunks yet so there is no way to know for sure, but I don't doubt that Do-Luck will put the same labels on their FRP trunks as their carbon trunks. Here are pictures of the labels on the carbon trunks. Either way the trunks will be absolutely authentic from Do-Luck in Japan and we have no interest in selling replicas that would compromise our relationship with Do-Luck.

-Patrick
Direct North American Dealers for Voltex, Mines, Varis, First Molding, HKS Kansai, Cusco, HKS, Advan, Volk, Ings+1, C-West, Work, and so much more...
Old Aug 12, 2009, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

Since Bulletproof have made a co partnership w/ Do Luck Japan, how could the company not know of this from the beginning? A product this Large should have a seal on it. Especially when it came from JAPAN! FRP or Not, this is important.

Let me guess, Bulletproof seal?

I ask this because, as a paying customer, I would like to know that my hard earned money is well spent. Not just because it looks nice and fits well, a Japanese LABEL/SEAL is a must especially when it's being sold off as JAPAN made. A product can't be just sent off from Japan without any proof of authenticity. If it were to be picked up directly from the warehouse, would the box shipped off from Japan still be available?

How about instruction manual and paperwork pre-sealed in a plastic bag guaranteeing Japanese made authenticity?

That picture you provided with label and authentic seal is the the REAL Do Luck JAPAN.

Last edited by GGIXMRSE06; Aug 12, 2009 at 09:48 AM.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

This reminds me of all the all World One - Do Luck america mess
Old Aug 12, 2009, 11:38 AM
Silver Sponsor

Since Bulletproof have made a co partnership w/ Do Luck Japan, how could the company not know of this from the beginning?
We did know about this product from the beginning because Do-Luck is only making the product at our request. We negotiated directly with Ito of Do-Luck Japan for the lowest price possible and we're the reason why this trunk even exists. We have a long history of working directly with Do-Luck Japan and we have never sold any knockoffs in the 10 years we've been in business.

This trunk is not an exception. It is a genuine Do-Luck trunk from Japan. If you have any question at all about the authenticity of this product or our relationship with Do-Luck please give us a call at 213.745.6954. I'm not sure where the uncertainty about this is coming from, but I'd like to personally reassure everyone that we do not sell knockoffs and never will.

That picture you provided with label and authentic seal is the the REAL Do Luck JAPAN.
And the FRP trunk we are selling is also from the "REAL Do Luck JAPAN" which is why I would expect it to come with exactly the same labeling. However, since these are the first trunks of their kind, we won't know how Do-Luck plans to label them until they arrive.

-Patrick
Old Aug 12, 2009, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

If you guys can get this painted for $1k shipped using CC then 100% i buy one, just need a eta
Old Aug 12, 2009, 12:11 PM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by is300
If you guys can get this painted for $1k shipped using CC then 100% i buy one, just need a eta
We do offer a painting service, but we cannot do it for that price unfortunately. There really is no breathing room on the price of the trunk and we'll be happy to work with you on the painting, but there's only so far we can go.

-Patrick
Old Aug 12, 2009, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
BREAKING NEWS!!

Bulletproof Automotive has reached an agreement with Do-Luck Japan to produce a limited edition FRP version of the now-famous duckbill trunk. This agreement is in in direct response to the requests and support of the EvoM community.
__________________________________________________ __________

-Note that this is a limited production run which is being produced exclusively for this purpose
__________________________________________________ __________

We are accepting orders now at 213.745.6954 or patrick@bulletproofautomotive.com

You can also take a look at it here and on the blog.
Do-Luck requires that we prepay for these trunks, so we typically require full payment from customers. However, we definitely want to work with people on this, so we might be able to discuss some other options on the phone if absolutely necessary.

-Patrick
how limited are we on time to come up with this full cost? i am definitely going to go forward with this but was expecting a pre-order with only partial cost. probably another month or so before i can get the rest of the money together. i am also very limited on time and do most of my reading/posting from work anyways so i cannot call but i would appreciate a pm if you could and we can hopefully discuss this further
Old Aug 12, 2009, 02:32 PM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
how limited are we on time to come up with this full cost? i am definitely going to go forward with this but was expecting a pre-order with only partial cost. probably another month or so before i can get the rest of the money together. i am also very limited on time and do most of my reading/posting from work anyways so i cannot call but i would appreciate a pm if you could and we can hopefully discuss this further
PM sent.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 03:02 PM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
PM really sent.

EDIT: 25,000 views!

Quick Reply: WORLD DEBUT - Do Luck Evo X Duckbill Trunk lid