Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2011, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PM price for CF and FRP no key hole to 75065. THanks
Old Jul 23, 2011, 01:33 AM

Good day sir!
Total for DL trunk in CRP. 60463 thank you!
Old Jul 25, 2011, 03:45 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
PMs replied!

- Jason
Email: sales@bulletproofautomotive.com
Direct North American Dealers for Voltex, Mines, Varis, First Molding, HKS Kansai, Cusco, HKS, Advan, Volk, Ings+1, C-West, Work, and so much more...
Old Jul 28, 2011, 04:26 PM
Silver Sponsor

Still have an FRP trunk left from the last shipment -- all PMs replied, thanks guys!

- Jason
Direct North American Dealers for Voltex, Mines, Varis, First Molding, HKS Kansai, Cusco, HKS, Advan, Volk, Ings+1, C-West, Work, and so much more...
Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:17 AM
Silver Sponsor

We've got a few more variations coming in, taking pre-orders now to make sure you have one when they land. PMs sent also.

- Jason
Old Aug 13, 2011, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

frp keyhole or no keyhole shipped to 92037 and also picked up? thanks!

Last edited by JoeyM3; Aug 14, 2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 05:07 PM

frp no keyhole
carbon no key hole
shipped to 07066 =P
pm please
Old Aug 17, 2011, 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

PM price CF & FRP shipped to 46075
Thanks!
Old Aug 17, 2011, 03:51 PM

Please PM price for FRP with key hole shipped to 80104

Thanks
Old Aug 18, 2011, 12:23 AM

Bought the trunk one month ago, had it painted RR to match, picked it up Monday and installed it tonight. Pictures to follow

Awesome fitment. I did have to buy two bolts from Home Depot that were not included. #12-24x1"s that secured the high mount lamp. The bolts on the OEM trunk are actually part of the trunk... Anyone else run into this issue or are some trunks made differently? My car is a 2008 GSR.

My other two notes...

A) if the car is locked when you reconnect the locking mechanism in the trunk the car alarm goes off; not a good thing in the neighborhood apartment complex. :-/

B) after fitting everything the trunk would not securely latch and I couldn't figure out what was hitting where. I didn't have any other choice but to climb into the trunk and close it. I wonder what the people at Safeway thought when they see a guy in the parking lot at midnight repeatedly climbing into and out of their trunk and trying to close it?
Old Aug 18, 2011, 10:56 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by koffee
Bought the trunk one month ago, had it painted RR to match, picked it up Monday and installed it tonight. Pictures to follow

Awesome fitment. I did have to buy two bolts from Home Depot that were not included. #12-24x1"s that secured the high mount lamp. The bolts on the OEM trunk are actually part of the trunk... Anyone else run into this issue or are some trunks made differently? My car is a 2008 GSR.

My other two notes...

A) if the car is locked when you reconnect the locking mechanism in the trunk the car alarm goes off; not a good thing in the neighborhood apartment complex. :-/

B) after fitting everything the trunk would not securely latch and I couldn't figure out what was hitting where. I didn't have any other choice but to climb into the trunk and close it. I wonder what the people at Safeway thought when they see a guy in the parking lot at midnight repeatedly climbing into and out of their trunk and trying to close it?
Since I've also installed this trunk on my own Evo X, let's see if I can remember some of these points!

I do remember noticing that the brake light mount bolts were indeed integrated into the oem trunk and the light itself went over the integrated bolts. I was able to use the supplied hardware to secure the light to the Do Luck trunk though. I don't remember the exact size but I know I didn't have to source any additional hardware to make it work. In fact there was left over hardware that was originally supplied by Do Luck that I did not end up using/needing but it's in the garage somewhere. Mine is also an 08 GSR.

The locking mechanism thing, yeaaaa I made sure nothing was armed/locked for that reason haha!

After the initial install the trunk required more force than normal to close/latch correctly. I found this to be because of 1. The Do Luck does not have the added weight of the SSS wing + stock trunk to help close the trunk and 2. the oem trunk shocks weren't valved with a significantly lighter weight in mind. For the first week or so I'd focus my effort on pressing down on the middle of the trunk edge right above the center of the duckbill part to get the trunk to latch. I can safely say that currently the trunk closes just as easy as the oem one did so there was a bit of a break in period but everything is golden now. I think you'll find the same experience if you ask others with the trunk as well.

Thanks for the support -- feel free to contact me if you run into any more things!

- Jason
Old Aug 19, 2011, 02:00 PM
Silver Sponsor

Don't be fooled by these fly by night vendors who signed up to to the forum last month trying to pass off the knockoff trunks as the genuine article -- there is only one Do-Luck Duckbill trunk on the market guys. I've gotten a lot of PMs letting me know that it's being advertised everywhere as the real deal.

Have a great weekend everyone

- Jason
Old Aug 19, 2011, 10:19 PM

Pm price for FRP and CF versions (both keyholed) to 94501 please. Thank you.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:56 AM
Silver Sponsor

PMs sent!

- Jason
Old Aug 29, 2011, 04:11 PM

Got my frp in the mail today!! OMG so sexy cant wait to get it painted and installed!

Quick Reply: WORLD DEBUT - Do Luck Evo X Duckbill Trunk lid