Notices
ExtremeTurboSystems.com – WA Custom Intercoolers, Intercooler Kits, Turbo Kits and Performance Parts. [Visit Site]

ETS - The BIG 3.5" EVO Exhaust System that could!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2007, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ETS Tom
Aluminum under the heat of exhaust temperatures gets VERY soft. It is unfortunately not a reliable solution for lightweight exhaust parts.

The exhaust scavenging effect you're referring to better applies to a naturally aspirated car where the exhaust system itself is responsible for being tuned for length, bends, diameter to pull exhaust from the head. In a turbocharged application it is the manifold responsible for scavenging the exhaust and making its transition into the turbocharger for maximum response. The exhaust outlet from a turbocharger is most functional when there is literally zero restriction, thus the reason most turbocharged racecars usually have the shortest possible straight pipe exhaust "system" to evacuate exhaust gasses from the engine bay.

I wouldn't worry about the resonators so much if it didn't weigh so much that it stretched your exhaust hangers. Talk about GETTIN' LOW

Tom
Is it possible for you to make a T-3 turbo kit with a 3.5 inch turbo back exhaust system? Will I get anymore power out of that?
Old Dec 1, 2007, 05:25 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That will be my next catback for my IX! Props on a very good looking design!
Old Dec 3, 2007, 05:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by theghost
do you guys sell staged kits for evos like ams and buschur? i was thinking about going with buschur because thier vband exhaust fits the jdm rear. but this looks like another option if it came in a staged kit.
We avoid creating staged packages in favor of allowing every customer to build a unique combination that best suits their needs. Of course we can create one for you if you don't have a preference so just let me know either way and we'll get you taken care of!

We do have two versions of our 3", 3.5" and 4" exhaust systems. One is for the standard USDM bumpers and the other for the JDM rear Just specify when you order, it's no additional cost either way!

Originally Posted by VanPelt
I dont believe they sell staged kits but you could buy this exhaust along with there intake, a hallman mbc,walbro 255 fuel pump and get a mail in Jestr tune for a stage 1. Intercooler and piping for a stage 2.Pm ETS Tom for the hookup and great customer service.I spent alot of time looking at vendors before purchasing and went with ets.
Thanks much for the referral! I'm always doing my best to help make sure you guys end up with EVOs that perform exactly how you hope, so I very much appreciate the kind words

Originally Posted by smp3000
So at some point I want to replace all of what I have done already with ETS stuff!
I'm glad my EVO is on an all ETS diet

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
You guys make some incredible products

Carlos
Thanks Carlos! If there's ever anything I can help with, be sure to get a hold of me

Originally Posted by Goodi32
Is it possible for you to make a T-3 turbo kit with a 3.5 inch turbo back exhaust system? Will I get anymore power out of that?
We can definitely do that. Power gains start to be significant in our experience from 500whp on, but even if you're not there yet, planning for that power with our 3.5" system isn't a bad idea in the meantime We also offer both 3" and 4" systems for smaller and BIGGER power needs!

Originally Posted by joedr
That will be my next catback for my IX! Props on a very good looking design!
Thanks much! I love mine and wouldn't trade it for any other system....really!

Tom
Old Dec 7, 2007, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks much! I love mine and wouldn't trade it for any other system....really!

Tom
Are you sure? Dude I'll totally trade you my current exhaust for that yours. You can always get another one- just walk over to the exhaust pile and pick one up.

ETS diet is a good one.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

So do you guys have any pictures of this exhaust with a JDM bumper. Curious to how it looks... that will be my deciding factor

Scott stop whoring this thread hahah, youve posted at least 4 times in here
Old Dec 7, 2007, 04:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
For all of the JDM rear systems we've sold I honestly don't think I've ever taken a picture here or gotten a picture back from any of our customers. So to those running our exhaust with a JDM rear, I'll trade some in-store credit for a good picture or two

Tom
Old Dec 7, 2007, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

Now how much credit do I get??
Old Dec 7, 2007, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

looks good, maybe time for me to upgrade
Old Dec 7, 2007, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Wicked E

Now how much credit do I get??
haha nice
Old Dec 7, 2007, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

For all of the JDM rear systems we've sold I honestly don't think I've ever taken a picture here or gotten a picture back from any of our customers. So to those running our exhaust with a JDM rear, I'll trade some in-store credit for a good picture or two

Tom
You can always send me one as a Christmas gift and I will picture ***** my cars *** for everyone to see
Old Dec 7, 2007, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

ahhaahhaa fat chance Sean lol - look at my sig... Do I have one? lol
Old Dec 7, 2007, 09:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smp3000
ahhaahhaa fat chance Sean lol - look at my sig... Do I have one? lol
No but you dont have a JDM bumper either haha

Hey never hurts too ask, he may just want to help out a broke *** college student haha
Old Dec 8, 2007, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

damn it...i need to get my fujitsubo sold asap....if you guys know anyone that wants on cheap let me know. I want the ETS unit.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Bump for pic with JDM bumper!!!!
Old Dec 12, 2007, 02:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SickSilverNLow
damn it...i need to get my fujitsubo sold asap....if you guys know anyone that wants on cheap let me know. I want the ETS unit.

word bro, you really need to get on that and pick it up. Mine is on a stock turbo and I love it! ETS is muh lover...

Quick Reply: ETS - The BIG 3.5" EVO Exhaust System that could!