Notices
ExtremeTurboSystems.com – WA Custom Intercoolers, Intercooler Kits, Turbo Kits and Performance Parts. [Visit Site]

Anybody experience boost creep with ETS turbo kit?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2008, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody experience boost creep with ETS turbo kit?

Have any of you experienced boost creep with the ETS turbo kit? Reason I'm asking is because on my turbo nissans I always ran an atmospheric dump, but now I may have to go recirculated because that's how the ETS kits are offered,plus I'm using the beatrush undertray and don't want to cut it up. So i've been reading up on recirculated setups and from what i've gathered it's recommended to place it a good ways from the turbo on the downpipe...looking at the ETS kit it's recirced right there after the turbo. In now way am I doubting the performance of this kit, as everybody with it makes awesome power and I'm already committed to getting an ETS kit, but has recirce'd setup cause boost creep for anyone? I'll have the ETS 3.5inch exhaust setup as well and have the greddy EBC. Hopefully Tom comes out with a open dump before I get my kit sent out . I'd rather dump it atmospherically over recirculating it any day, but if I have to recirc it I just wanted to hear some of yalls experience with this setup. Thanks.

...also have any of you noticed a weaker top end compared to open dump cars in the same hp level? since recircing' does create more pressure within the exhaust system...... lol just wanted to put all my questions out there.

Jorge R.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nissan2Evo
Have any of you experienced boost creep with the ETS turbo kit? Reason I'm asking is because on my turbo nissans I always ran an atmospheric dump, but now I may have to go recirculated because that's how the ETS kits are offered,plus I'm using the beatrush undertray and don't want to cut it up. So i've been reading up on recirculated setups and from what i've gathered it's recommended to place it a good ways from the turbo on the downpipe...looking at the ETS kit it's recirced right there after the turbo. In now way am I doubting the performance of this kit, as everybody with it makes awesome power and I'm already committed to getting an ETS kit, but has recirce'd setup cause boost creep for anyone? I'll have the ETS 3.5inch exhaust setup as well and have the greddy EBC. Hopefully Tom comes out with a open dump before I get my kit sent out . I'd rather dump it atmospherically over recirculating it any day, but if I have to recirc it I just wanted to hear some of yalls experience with this setup. Thanks.

...also have any of you noticed a weaker top end compared to open dump cars in the same hp level? since recircing' does create more pressure within the exhaust system...... lol just wanted to put all my questions out there.

Jorge R.
444WHP on a .62 A/R on Pump gas with more to go? Too little top end? Lol
Also ETS uses one of the largest o2 housings on the market so thats not the issue.

As for your problem....

Your Gain is set to high or Solenoid Duty Cycle.

Lower them

Last edited by Ph3n1x; Feb 22, 2008 at 01:28 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Phenix_fyah
444WHP on a .62 A/R on Pump gas with more to go? Too little top end? Lol
Also ETS uses one of the largest o2 housings on the market so thats not the issue.

As for your problem....

Your Gain is set to high or Solenoid Duty Cycle.

Lower them
Thanks for the reply....I don't have the kit installed yet and am not experiencing boost creep, I just wanted to ask if anybody running the kit ran into that problem. I'm doubting that a powerful top end...I was just asking if compared to an open dump car at the same hp level, is it a little weaker...that's all. Thanks again though.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Don't worry when I bring 600+whp youll think again..
Old Feb 22, 2008, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

no boost creep here..... ETS makes one hell of a turbo kit.......
Old Feb 22, 2008, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you shouldnt have creep unless your running stock exhaust while its dumping back into the o2 housing. 3.5" exhaust should flow more then enough.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Phenix_fyah
Don't worry when I bring 600+whp youll think again..
Same here
Old Feb 22, 2008, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

^600whp is a good goal.....
Old Feb 25, 2008, 08:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Jorge,
As David mentioned, our o2 housings are a full 3" to prevent any creeping and that's not something we've encountered on a single car to date. With regard to wastegate exhaust, give me a call Jorge

Tom
Old Feb 25, 2008, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Zero issues with boost creep here on a recirculated T3 57 Trim ETS Kit