Notices
ExtremeTurboSystems.com – WA Custom Intercoolers, Intercooler Kits, Turbo Kits and Performance Parts. [Visit Site]

Any plan of making 3 inch Intercooler pipes?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2008, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any plan of making 3 inch Intercooler pipes?

I have your 3.5 Intercooler.(got it from a member here) Any chance of making a 3 inch piping?
Thanks-Vin
Old Feb 25, 2008, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I think it would just cause more lag time then help any but thats just my opinion
Old Feb 25, 2008, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

useless
Old Feb 25, 2008, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

haha! not according to this post>> https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...326280&page=13 you can start it from page 1 or you can read this page. It spooled earlier about 200rpm

Originally Posted by U2SLO
Well you can look at my dyno's as proof as to what Driven Innovations manifold did for my car,the 3' piping and 3' outlet and 3'T/B was all Tom's recomendations and he had stated to me IF IT DOSEN'T WORK AND NOT BEAT STOCK SPOOL AND NOT MAKE HUGE GAINS I WILL PUT YOUR CAR BACK THE EXACT WAY IT WAS NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!
So as far as what would I reccomend for a great mod for anyone.....invest in this setup that Tom has built for me and go out and enjoy the gains!!! 9sec9 is going to be amazed when he see's the results himself.
If you could have seen where the numbers were going on race gas before dave pulled 3 degrees of timing I was utterly shocked!!!

Last edited by evovin; Feb 25, 2008 at 09:38 PM.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Thats why I said . Just my opinion
Old Feb 25, 2008, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

I think it will only work on 35R and up turbo.(but im not 100% sure)
Old Feb 26, 2008, 10:13 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by evovin
I have your 3.5 Intercooler.(got it from a member here) Any chance of making a 3 inch piping?
Thanks-Vin
Here are a couple shots of the 3" short route UICP we've built for another of our customers. He has a 3" LICP as well that's not pictured. If you'd like a set, no problem just let me know

Tom
Old Feb 26, 2008, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Tom,
What TB was he using^?
Is it ported stock or something else? Any gain?
Old Feb 26, 2008, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

Tom,
What TB was he using^?
I can tell from the picture its a stock TB... possibly ported though. Look at the end of the UICP and you can see the silicone necks down.

EDIT---

Speaking of, I do have a suggestion i'd like to make. I'd like to see your intercoolers with a selectable inlet/outlet size to what we suggest. It would really be best to take the hot air off the turbo in 3" to a 3" inlet for the intercooler, but from the intercooler to TB a 2.5" route would actually increase velocity of the incoming air. Doesn't seem like too hard of an option to implement...

Last edited by FullOutPwr; Feb 26, 2008 at 02:42 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 04:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Tom,
What TB was he using^?
I'm not certain if it was ported or not, I'll wait for him to chime in.

Originally Posted by FullOutPwr
I can tell from the picture its a stock TB... possibly ported though. Look at the end of the UICP and you can see the silicone necks down.

EDIT---

Speaking of, I do have a suggestion i'd like to make. I'd like to see your intercoolers with a selectable inlet/outlet size to what we suggest. It would really be best to take the hot air off the turbo in 3" to a 3" inlet for the intercooler, but from the intercooler to TB a 2.5" route would actually increase velocity of the incoming air. Doesn't seem like too hard of an option to implement...
We are offering inlet/outlet and piping sizes in any custom configuration you'd like. Just ask!

Tom
Old Feb 26, 2008, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Is there any benefits to 3" I/C piping with a stock turbo? If not when would it be?
Old Feb 26, 2008, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ETS Tom
We are offering inlet/outlet and piping sizes in any custom configuration you'd like. Just ask!

Tom
Ah hah! Excellent news.... I usually just stick to what I see on the website. I try and not contact as I know you guys are super busy. Looks like I'll need that 3" LICP with my PT67 from you guys shortly.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wizzo 8
Is there any benefits to 3" I/C piping with a stock turbo? If not when would it be?
Personally, I do not see how it could be. Its just like choosing an improperly sized intercooler on a small turbo. The smaller turbo would spool slower as its needing to fill more area in the intercooler before making its way out (or how I see it anyway...)

I can see when you start getting to FP3065 size or large it being a benefit to get more air IN. Theres gotta be a fine line where something is restrictive.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FullOutPwr
Personally, I do not see how it could be. Its just like choosing an improperly sized intercooler on a small turbo. The smaller turbo would spool slower as its needing to fill more area in the intercooler before making its way out (or how I see it anyway...)

I can see when you start getting to FP3065 size or large it being a benefit to get more air IN. Theres gotta be a fine line where something is restrictive.
Im going with a 3065 so after I get it I will consider it but I would like some dyno proof as Im sure other people would. ETS really needs that dyno up and running
Old Feb 28, 2008, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ets just did a nice 3 inch set up for my car, it will be going from a buschur race to a VSR

here are some pics of it on my table

eventually what it will look like after I figure out where I want to place everything

and the engine bay that it is going in

Quick Reply: Any plan of making 3 inch Intercooler pipes?