Notices
ExtremeTurboSystems.com – WA Custom Intercoolers, Intercooler Kits, Turbo Kits and Performance Parts. [Visit Site]

Stock Radiator Fan with ets 57 trim

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2008, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock Radiator Fan with ets 57 trim

Finally finished this morning installing the ets 57 trim kit. Ran into alot of fitment issues and ets accidently must have sent me the wrong coupler, I had 2 intake angled couplers instead of a 2.5 to 2.5 coupler for the licp.. But its okay

My stock radiator fan is preventing my intake pipe to be angle correctly and fit correctly. What do you guys recommend me doing? The car is my daily april-november so i would think i needone, but this can not stay in because it hits the coupler going to the turbo. I have it jimmyrigged so that the coupler is okay but the intake filter is way to far back and the stock radiator fan is basically crushed

Also My stud onthe head was hitting the manifold.. The 3rd one from the left on the top, is that normal?? We removed the stud and it sits flush and doesnt have any exhaust leaks that we have been able to notice under normal idle, and nonWot driving

Also was looking to see if anyone had pictures of their coolant lines ran so I can be 100% that they are hooked up correctly. I'm sure they are but I just want to double check

On a positive, the car sounds absolutely awesome and all piping fit well

Thanks guys
Old Apr 13, 2008, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

They may have included one of the wrong couplers but Tom will take care of that tomorrow for sure. As far as the stock radiator fan, you are supposed to get a replacement slimline fan but until then, you won't have any issues running the car without one at all. I ran my car with out it for a while with no coolant temp issues whatsoever. As far as the stud on the manifold, you need to take some pics because you shouldn't have any fitment issues whatsoever. Everything bolted up perfectly in my install. Hope this helps.

Last edited by xiaoni420; Apr 13, 2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 09:05 AM
Former Sponsor

definitely give tom first thing in the morning he will take care of you! You really can't beat ets' customer service
Old Apr 13, 2008, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

yaa ill give him a buzz 2morow, no big deal on the couplers, thank god my local performance shops son hangs out where all the cars meet up, had to go to his shop... any recommended slim fan?
Old Apr 13, 2008, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

SPAL is the most common, but Tom can help you out with that also tomorrow.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Sounds like a easy fix ETS will take of your If not i will go over and chocke out Tom for free!
Old Apr 13, 2008, 12:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Paul Nelson
Sounds like a easy fix ETS will take of your If not i will go over and chocke out Tom for free!

you might as well do that anyway
Old Apr 13, 2008, 12:29 PM
Evolving Member

lol thanks guys
Old Apr 13, 2008, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

On my 57 trim i went and got a slimfan....just give Tom a call tomorrow and he will most definitely take care of it ASAP. I dont know what brand of fan i got but i know Lucas recommended it, so its gotta be great .

When are you gonna hit the dyno?
Old Apr 13, 2008, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

So the stock fan won't work. I wonder if it will work with the super value kit?
Old Apr 13, 2008, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

I had ETS send me a slimline fan with my kit when I ordered it. Whatever brand they use works great! The car will run fine without it if you need to though.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 03:01 PM
Evolving Member

should hit the dyno in 2 weeks... I have to install the smc meth kit, and my camshafts/headstuds,new timing and balance shaft Im doing one night when I get out of work this week....

After those I just have to re route some vacuum lines, get this slim radiator fan so that i can put my intake pipe how its supposed to be, instead of making it so the mini battery wont fit with the tray... Havent decided 100% on the tuner, I think I will be going with Al from dynoflash
Old Apr 13, 2008, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Yea..you have to hook up a slim fan in order to run the intake pipe correctly. The one I ordered from ETS hooked up perfectly and is running without issue. Now regarding your stud dilemma...I had the same exact issue. I'm not sure which mani you're running, but on my equal length the stud didn't allow for the mani to sit flush and resulted in notable leaks. We tried tightening it hoping the stud would either shave itself off, or dimple the runner (but that mani are built too damn strong ) So simple answer was sawing off the end of the stud..and viola..flush fit with not leaks. Good luck with getting the numbers you're aiming for
Old Apr 14, 2008, 04:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
The stock driver's side fan will not fit with any of our turbo kits installed and it sounds like its removal will correct the intake fitment issues completely. I've run my EVO with only the passenger side fan for about 2 years now even in 100+ degree heat without seeing coolant temps budge, but if you'd like to put a 10" slim fan in its place, we have kits in stock for $59

Regarding the stud, there should not be contact between the manifold and stud in any location. Give me a call and we can hopefully sort that out. If that is the case and it's preventing correct install, we'll be happy to replace the manifold at no charge to you, just let me know!

The coolant lines can be hooked up in either order, but the included lines should only be long enough to fit one way. You can't go wrong with that portion of the install

Give me a call when you get a chance and we'll get everything sorted to your 100% satisfaction

Tom
Old Apr 14, 2008, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

awesome tom ill call ya 2morow

Quick Reply: Stock Radiator Fan with ets 57 trim