Notices
ExtremeTurboSystems.com – WA Custom Intercoolers, Intercooler Kits, Turbo Kits and Performance Parts. [Visit Site]

ETS - Brand Spankin' New Precision Billet 6262 and 6265 Turbo Kits!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2008, 08:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pete is coming up to do the road tune tommorow night. here are a couple pics of the turbo and install
size comparison to a pepsi can

size comparison to the 58mm that came out

installed on the ets manifold and hung in place
Old Aug 8, 2008, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Nice!
Old Aug 10, 2008, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

yeah this turbo absolutely moves. we did the road tune friday night for 4 hours and i couldnt be happier. also if anyone is interested that 58mm with the ets lower pipe from the kit is for sale under the f/s thread. im paarting ways with the turbo and lower pipe for 500$ shipped. im sure ets would love to help someone finish off the kit when they buy it. back to the 6262 anyone who has considered this turbo i would reccomend hit. after all tuning was done i was hitting full boost (25 psi) on pump gas at 4800 rpms. this turbo moves on my super value kit.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 09:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Just released, Precision's new billet 62mm compressor is now available on an otherwise Garrett stock 35R turbocharger! Pricing is $200 more than the all-Precision 6262 and they're calling this one the 3562R

Tom

Last edited by ETS Michael; Aug 21, 2008 at 09:21 AM.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Any results with these billets yet?
Old Aug 21, 2008, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

I really wish American mobs would desist from trying to form totally illogical turbo numbering systems . Trying to call a turbocharger by its compressor inducer diameter and turbine exducer diameter is an exercise in confusing everyone that can identify compressor and turbine wheels .

I give you an example , lets just say this nonsensical "67" number is measured from a complete turbocharger assembly , what does it tell you ?
Compressor family - nope , exducer diameter - nope , trim size - nope . Pretty flawed system of description isn't it ?
If someone said 84mm BCI-8D family in 63 trim you know pretty much EXACTLY what that compressor wheel is ...

The "61"mm wheel , again if someone said GT40 82mm compressor in 56 trim there is no guesswork involved . Also by the way that wheel is available in 48/50/52/54 and 56 trim sizes and they naturally have different inducer diameter measurements . They're all 82mm GT40's but trying to work purely from an inducer measurement really leaves you in the dark as to what it is and what it can be expected to do .

The situation with turbines is even worse - you really really HAVE to know the turbine family ie GT30/GT35/T350/T04 etc to have any idea what to expect from a turbocharger . An exducer size is NOT good enough mainly because it doesn't tell you if the turbine is a heavy agricultural dinosaur diesel "T" series design or something far better like a petrol spec GT UHP turbine .

At least with Garretts current numbering system they make it easy by telling you the turbine family - ie GT35 , and then give your the compressor OD or major diameter which in that case is 82 . The "R" on the end of GT3582R means rolling element or ball type bearings .

Their numbering system also gives you some hope of identifying a mis matched turbo such as a GT3082R (60mm OD turbine + 82mm compressor) . Had the system reference been turbine exducer (55mm) and compressor inducer (61mm) you would never know based on those two numbers that the compressor wheels OD (major diameter) is about a third larger that the turbines major diameter .

Your calls but I'd go with Garretts numbering system every time , it's not perfect but as you can now see it's a lot less imperfect than some other dare to be different systems .

A .
Old Sep 7, 2008, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question about the 6262 O2 housings are they a 4 bolt? Could you send me a PM on the price of the 6262sp.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 08:29 AM
Former Sponsor

The turbine housing used on our kits is the 5-bolt, which allows use of a full 3" o2 housing, the only on the market to my knowledge The spacing between the bolt holes on a 4-bolt requires a 2.5" diameter turbo outlet pipe, something we wanted to avoid for highest flow out of the turbine. These turbos are available with a 4-bolt or V-band turbine housing from Precision so we can order it however you like, and pricing is the same for all turbine housing options. PM sent with turbo pricing, thanks!

Tom
Old Sep 8, 2008, 01:59 PM
Account Disabled

well Saturday and im going to install .. i get home friday
Old Sep 8, 2008, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by discopotato03
I really wish American mobs would desist from trying to form totally illogical turbo numbering systems . Trying to call a turbocharger by its compressor inducer diameter and turbine exducer diameter is an exercise in confusing everyone that can identify compressor and turbine wheels .

I give you an example , lets just say this nonsensical "67" number is measured from a complete turbocharger assembly , what does it tell you ?
Compressor family - nope , exducer diameter - nope , trim size - nope . Pretty flawed system of description isn't it ?
If someone said 84mm BCI-8D family in 63 trim you know pretty much EXACTLY what that compressor wheel is ...

The "61"mm wheel , again if someone said GT40 82mm compressor in 56 trim there is no guesswork involved . Also by the way that wheel is available in 48/50/52/54 and 56 trim sizes and they naturally have different inducer diameter measurements . They're all 82mm GT40's but trying to work purely from an inducer measurement really leaves you in the dark as to what it is and what it can be expected to do .

The situation with turbines is even worse - you really really HAVE to know the turbine family ie GT30/GT35/T350/T04 etc to have any idea what to expect from a turbocharger . An exducer size is NOT good enough mainly because it doesn't tell you if the turbine is a heavy agricultural dinosaur diesel "T" series design or something far better like a petrol spec GT UHP turbine .

At least with Garretts current numbering system they make it easy by telling you the turbine family - ie GT35 , and then give your the compressor OD or major diameter which in that case is 82 . The "R" on the end of GT3582R means rolling element or ball type bearings .

Their numbering system also gives you some hope of identifying a mis matched turbo such as a GT3082R (60mm OD turbine + 82mm compressor) . Had the system reference been turbine exducer (55mm) and compressor inducer (61mm) you would never know based on those two numbers that the compressor wheels OD (major diameter) is about a third larger that the turbines major diameter .

Your calls but I'd go with Garretts numbering system every time , it's not perfect but as you can now see it's a lot less imperfect than some other dare to be different systems .

A .
Dude, you need some vicadin!

Anyways, No offense to precision, but I just prefer Garrett. But these 62 series turbo's look promising!

Dan
Old Oct 27, 2009, 01:41 PM

update?
Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

I have one on order from Straightlinespecialties. Should be in my hands any day now.

Thanks for the hook up!

Now I cant wait for ETS to do some more testings with these to see where I will stand!

I want to see power/spoolup between non ball bearing and ball bearings.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 11:06 AM
Former Sponsor

I don't have any testing on the Journal vs Ball Bearing, but we have seen this turbo in ball bearing form put down over 750whp. The spool is similar to the 35R with greater power output like the HTA3586. This and the HTA3586 would be my choice of turbocharger.

Any questions, let me know!

Thanks!

Michael