Notices
ExtremeTurboSystems.com – WA Custom Intercoolers, Intercooler Kits, Turbo Kits and Performance Parts. [Visit Site]

ETS T4 - 4088R Twin Scroll Turbo Kit Assembled!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2008, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by ETS Michael
It's going to be good! How long tell the motor is finished?
Pistons are still being built and then I have to make a final decision on the crank (which brand). Then the whole deal goes to the machine shop to get bored and line honed. I have everything else for it here though. I'd say I am a month or so away from the machine shop though.

aaron
Old Dec 16, 2008, 03:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Pistons are still being built and then I have to make a final decision on the crank (which brand). Then the whole deal goes to the machine shop to get bored and line honed. I have everything else for it here though. I'd say I am a month or so away from the machine shop though.

aaron
Old Dec 23, 2008, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any updates.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Not from my end...waiting to see these get on some cars and make some POWA
Old Dec 23, 2008, 02:22 PM
Evolving Member

Just put the kit on sunday. So far so good. Its a really tight fit. I have a koyo radiator and mini fan and the compressor housing scraped the bottom tank getting it in but clears the fins. I think a stock thickness radiator would be just fine. Its a really close fit to the intake as well.

After I installed the kit I couldnt get my car to run very well. It just kept running so lean that it would stall out. My battery had went dead since the car has been sitting for over a month and a half. And it some how corrupted my map on the aem. I resent my cal to the aem and BAM car idled great. Still a little lean compared to the old kit. I wouldnt think changing the turbo would affect it that much but it has.

Driving impressions..... wow this thing just flat out spools! I cant believe that twin scroll works like it does. I just barley got it running and started turning the boost up. But this thing feels like it spools faster then my 30r i had on stock 2.0, now remember I am on a 2.4 now.

I dont see any problem hitting mid 30 psi in the 4k's even at my elevation (3200ft above sea level)

My only regret is that I didnt run a ets twin scroll sooner!

Ill update later with pics.

--Josh
Old Dec 23, 2008, 03:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by SwiftEVO
Just put the kit on sunday. So far so good. Its a really tight fit. I have a koyo radiator and mini fan and the compressor housing scraped the bottom tank getting it in but clears the fins. I think a stock thickness radiator would be just fine. Its a really close fit to the intake as well.

After I installed the kit I couldnt get my car to run very well. It just kept running so lean that it would stall out. My battery had went dead since the car has been sitting for over a month and a half. And it some how corrupted my map on the aem. I resent my cal to the aem and BAM car idled great. Still a little lean compared to the old kit. I wouldnt think changing the turbo would affect it that much but it has.

Driving impressions..... wow this thing just flat out spools! I cant believe that twin scroll works like it does. I just barley got it running and started turning the boost up. But this thing feels like it spools faster then my 30r i had on stock 2.0, now remember I am on a 2.4 now.

I dont see any problem hitting mid 30 psi in the 4k's even at my elevation (3200ft above sea level)

My only regret is that I didnt run a ets twin scroll sooner!

Ill update later with pics.

--Josh
Great review Josh! We sent out your UICP today, so that should arrive shortly. Update us with pics when you get a chance.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

I am debating between the hta3586 and this setup on a low compression built 2.0. What to do???
Old Dec 23, 2008, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Awesome Josh. The 30psi at mid 4k's, do you happen to have a log we can post up? I am interested in giving some factual data to all the claims we see
Old Dec 23, 2008, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

I would love to see some raw data as well! Any info you guys have would help me out greatly on my decision. Either way, ETS FTMFW!!!
Old Dec 23, 2008, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

I am in the same boat as BGevoIX....i want the HTA86 but this kit sounds awesome. Just want some more data about this kit.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

^^^aren't you already running a pretty big turbo on an ETS kit???
Old Dec 23, 2008, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

^i am running a s-cover 61mm turbo from ETS...but the power bug bit me again .
Old Dec 23, 2008, 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

^^^yeah, I was running the 6262 turbo kit. then we were going to sale the Evo due to the high payment, so I sold the turbo kit and had it almost all back to stock. Then I convinced the wife to let me just refinance it. So now it's time for an engine build, biggie turbo and big exhaust. Stuff adds up quick though.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 11:18 PM
Evolving Member

First off im changing the upper ic piping to the short route ets then im gonna clean up the vac lines.

--Josh
Old Dec 23, 2008, 11:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How much this kit usually run for and what else do I need to get to run this turbo kit to a 2006 Evo MR? e.i changing the injector, etc. I just want to see how much I need to spend if I decided to get one of these for my car. thanks!

Quick Reply: ETS T4 - 4088R Twin Scroll Turbo Kit Assembled!