Notices
ExtremeTurboSystems.com – WA Custom Intercoolers, Intercooler Kits, Turbo Kits and Performance Parts. [Visit Site]

ETS UICP Question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2010, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ETS UICP Question

Hi Guys,

Question - Is there a difference in running UICP that fits with/without the stock battery looking at the Evo's performance standpoint?

Im debating whether I should pay more for the UICP and keep the stock battery(dont have to worry about purchasing a mini battery and deal with its risks dying).

OR should I get the shorter route UICP with a mini battery.

As for my car, very minor bolt ons and a carpc. I read that theres isnt really a huge benefit in upgrading my UICP but Im just tired of the stock hose popping off!

Opinions?

Thanks

Last edited by josel_atr; Jan 29, 2010 at 08:26 AM.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

You don't have a sound system on your car or anything that would require huge volts/amperes so I don't see why you couldn't go with the small battery route.

Although small batter looks cleaner IMO. =)
Old Jan 29, 2010, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

^i actually plan to install a 10/12 sub in it. just one though.

which small battery do you have sir? i heard the oddessy arent that bad..
Old Jan 29, 2010, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

I'd do the smaller battery. I have the Odyysey PC680 (I'm pretty sure that is what I got from Buschur, but never peeled away the decal) but I hear the ETS and Braille options have higher CCA. So far the mini battery has done me well for 2 years and the only time it has been so dead that I couldn't start it were when I let it sit for long periods of time during the winter.

The short route upper is less area and less bends for the air to be pushed through. Removing the big battery actually makes things look more cluttered in a way, cause things aren't hidden by that huge brick. I think it looks fine, though:
Old Jan 29, 2010, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

No huge gain, other than less clutter. I am a huge fan of relocating the stock battery to the trunk. You are going to have to run a power cable to your battery either way, so might as well clear out some room. You can make your own kit with some power wire and a breaker, or check out STM's solution. Easily 1/3 the cost of a mini battery kit and no worry of cold start up issues.

http://www.streettunedmotorsports.co..._reloc_kit.htm
Old Jan 29, 2010, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

I run ets stock battery uicp.Im running big battery in the winter.I bought mini battery kit over the holidays which ill be running during race season.Purely for the weight loss.I guess i get benefits of both shor or long route i dont think the difference is that critical.I can live making 2hp less.Relocating to trunk was another option but that means putting a cut off switch in the back of car for race track.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
My friend in Minnesota (daily driver including winter) runs a sub w/amp and a carputer (basically a laptop under the seat with a LCD touch-screen in the dash) with his mini-battery kit.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

i heard that as long as you dont let your car sit for a couple of days, it will be all right...

thanks for the thoughts guys. they are awesome as always!
Old May 27, 2010, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I went with the stock route UICP only because I like the way it looks, I can't stand how the short route pipes look. Either way though you will be happy with ETS! I had the same problem with the OEM IC pipes blowing off untill I got the ETS UICP and LICP now I don't ever have to worry about that issue again. Here is a pic of the ETS UICP on my IX to give you an idea:

Old May 27, 2010, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It didn't come with t-bolt clamps?
Old May 27, 2010, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

dont waste your money UICP doesnt give you a lot of hp, it has been proven a bunch of times, keep the stock one.
Old May 27, 2010, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by erald01
dont waste your money UICP doesnt give you a lot of hp, it has been proven a bunch of times, keep the stock one.
That may be true, but if it is shorter, it will help with how responsive the turbo is.
Old May 27, 2010, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Its a trade off for where you want to go with the car I think. Not going with the short route piping and staying with the large battery limits other things like intake choices. Space is another big one others mentioned, you have room to mount things like a FPR on the camshaft position sensor support cover (where the antilag solenoid would be on jdm cars or whatever).

Since everyone else is whoring out their mini battery/engine bay pics

ETS FTW!
Old May 28, 2010, 11:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Looks good guys! the short route won't change much in overall performance, it does allow you to use a larger intake setup, cleaner engine bay (less bends) smaller battery for weight savings (fits both stock route and short route piping) both kits serve a purpose by removing the factory piping that blows off and balloon under WOT.

Thanks!

Michael
Old May 28, 2010, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Thought I would chime in two opinions.

1) with the short rout it opens up a very convienient location to put a oil catch can.

2) Yahu: Clean your engine bay. You can come to the group car-wash day I put together this sunday and i'll help you out with that.

Quick Reply: ETS UICP Question