Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

EVO 9 release date

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2004, 03:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats a funny chop. I am actually moving from a basicly stock 84 GT convertible to an evo, so i am expecting to see Just a little bit of a performance difference
Old Oct 27, 2004, 05:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by oneguy
thats a funny chop. I am actually moving from a basicly stock 84 GT convertible to an evo, so i am expecting to see Just a little bit of a performance difference
Not a chop. That's my roommate's 89 LX.
Old Oct 27, 2004, 08:10 AM
Evolving Member

thats freakin awesome. some of my car friends back home will love seeing this. lol
Old Oct 27, 2004, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

hahahaha -- but wouldn't it be Chrysler, not Ford, that buys Mitsu? The EVO X will look like a Neon RT-4 (with Enkei wheels), not an old Mustang. lol

Mitsu will not cut production of the '05 EVO, it's the only car Mitsu can sell in the USA.
Old Oct 27, 2004, 10:00 AM

That Evo X.0 looks great, when can I buy one.
Old Nov 4, 2004, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ru4real
What I've read is that the Evo IX will be released in Japan in the spring of '05 and the U.S. will see it in the fall.
The only differences I've seen are addition of MIVEC to the engine, the front and rear bumpers (rear diffuser improves aerodynamics), and supposedly, some MR goodies may become standard across all trims. The MIVEC is probably the most attractive thing to wait for, but you could probably get a great deal on an 05 RS at that time.
what is MIVEC and what does it do?
Old Nov 4, 2004, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Enyth
what is MIVEC and what does it do?
"In 1993, the MIVEC (Mitsubishi Innovative Valve timing and lift Electronic Control) engine went into production. At that time, the MIVEC led its class in fuel economy at 16km/l in urban driving without sacrificing power. The key to the MIVEC engine's outstanding operating performance is the three mode regulated operation. Depending on driving conditions, the MIVEC system switches between low-speed, high-speed and MD (modulated displacement) modes. Modified cam and rocker profiles provide the most efficient operation possible in the first two modes. In MD mode, the MIVEC engine utilizes only two of its four cylinders, which reduces significantly the energy wasted due to pumping losses. In addition, power loss due to engine friction is also reduced. Advanced cylinder air flow control technology found in the MVV engine is incorporated in the MIVEC, improving combustion performance. "
Old Nov 4, 2004, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tryandcatchme
"In 1993, the MIVEC (Mitsubishi Innovative Valve timing and lift Electronic Control) engine went into production. At that time, the MIVEC led its class in fuel economy at 16km/l in urban driving without sacrificing power. The key to the MIVEC engine's outstanding operating performance is the three mode regulated operation. Depending on driving conditions, the MIVEC system switches between low-speed, high-speed and MD (modulated displacement) modes. Modified cam and rocker profiles provide the most efficient operation possible in the first two modes. In MD mode, the MIVEC engine utilizes only two of its four cylinders, which reduces significantly the energy wasted due to pumping losses. In addition, power loss due to engine friction is also reduced. Advanced cylinder air flow control technology found in the MVV engine is incorporated in the MIVEC, improving combustion performance. "
ahh, so its just like a VTEC im guessing. so if the evo XI comes with MIVEC, itll basically be a turboed MIVEC engine to produce even more power than the current evos?
Old Nov 4, 2004, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Any idea whether we'll see the evo 9 up here?
Old Nov 4, 2004, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

ahh, so its just like a VTEC im guessing. so if the evo XI comes with MIVEC, itll basically be a turboed MIVEC engine to produce even more power than the current evos?
Exactly, and it will fix the problem of losing a bit of power in the top end...coz mivec normally kicks in at about 6000rpm'sh...oooo its gonna be so damn good!

Last edited by MR RALLI*ART; Nov 4, 2004 at 02:40 PM.
Old Nov 4, 2004, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I heard (from good source) that EVO 9 will be out here late next year. but of course dont take my word for it.
Old Nov 4, 2004, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

I think the 6-speed will become standard across the range when the IX drops. I was a little surprised that the VIII had 5 spd when it came out here. Maybe a small power bump. Overall, it's not going to be too much different from the 8. I'll be waiting for the X before I upgrade.
Old Nov 4, 2004, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am buying the new STI (2006) had enough of Mitsu. they dont respect their customers or their cars.
Old Nov 4, 2004, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR RALLI*ART
Exactly, and it will fix the problem of losing a bit of power in the top end...coz mivec normally kicks in at about 6000rpm'sh...oooo its gonna be so damn good!
then i guess im waiting for the IX to come out. thatll be an awesome feel of two seperate boosts. and yea, i think it will be here next fall. its supposed to be an 06 model i think.
Old Nov 4, 2004, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

looking at a 06 lightning... i'm tired of shifting...

Quick Reply: EVO 9 release date