Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

WAIT FOR EVO 9? price drop on the 8?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2005, 07:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
...You come in here asking a question, and when everyone doesn't give you the answer you want to hear you start freaking out and disagreeing with everyone...
True...try to relax a little.

We're all here to share OPINIONS.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr.MR
Since I paid the crazy price of $35,900 for my MR vs. the 33,200 they wanted for the bby Evo8, I must be insane! They would not budge on either price much, although I did get $1,300 over bb for my trade. If you guys think $2,700 more for the 6-speed(proven to quicken acceleration), Bilstein shocks(proven to help cornering on uneven surfaces and smooth out ride), BBS rims(light as ****), and graphite grey paint, among other MR upgrades, I think you might be insane. I admit the lack of sunroof sucks, but I would rather have the other things I stated. JMO of course.
This is dealer specific. If you really wanted a better deal on an VIII, you'd have shopped around more. C'mon, tell the truth...you know you wanted the MR. They probably knew it too. That's why they would budge on the price. If you want a good price, never show your hand. Another reason is the $1300 over bb they gave you. This is probably more of the reason they did not want to move on the price. If they're giving you a higher value on your trade, you're gonna pay a markup. It's all about where you want to put the money. They'll just shift it around. They might have given you wholesale on the VIII, but you'd have gotten wholesale for your trade. Which is worse, cause you'd end up paying more sales tax.

Sorry about the