Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.
View Poll Results: How much better will the EVO IX be over the EVO VIII?
A drastic improvement (meaning the EVO IX is pretty much better in every way over the EVO VIII)
19.54%
A moderate improvement (it's better in only some ways)
70.53%
No improvement at all
9.93%
Voters: 302. You may not vote on this poll

EVO IX vs. EVO VIII

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2005, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm willing to bet IX's gonna be a little better than VIII or MR with no real tunability problems.

As usual Evo keeps getting better and you will loose money trading up, but if you must have the latest and greatest... its gonna cost ya.

For those of us who have sadistically held out ... we got nottin to loose - except our deposits.
Old Mar 22, 2005, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Turbo-Ron

For those of us who have sadistically held out ... we got nottin to loose - except our deposits.
how can you lose a deposit?
Old Mar 22, 2005, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

Sometimes deposits are non-refundable......don't know how legal the practice is, but I think it's to stop people putting their names on multiple waiting lists and to scare off people who are not serious buyers.
Old Mar 22, 2005, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DCSilvrEvo
Anybody knows the limits of the new engine?
We dont even know the limits of our motor, since there have been so many evos pushing 600+ crank hp and have not blow anything. I would like to know the limits of the current 4g63!!
Old Mar 22, 2005, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

I totaled my Evo on saturday night so now I'll get the IX.
Old Mar 22, 2005, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ztypestock8
I totaled my Evo on saturday night so now I'll get the IX.
well that makes it easy for you ....
Old Mar 24, 2005, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

I want a new evo :[[[[[[[[

new interior and rims i want i want.
Old Mar 26, 2005, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

I don't know why people want to trade up their 8's for 9's. Each successive Evo is obviously going to be better than the previous. What are you going to do, trade in your car everytime a new model comes out? You will be losing a lot of money.
Also consider some of the ways that the 9 is better than the 8, such as bigger turbo. You can just do that to the 8 and be on par or better than the 9.
Essentially whatever improvements the 9 has, can be done to your 8.
Old Mar 27, 2005, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Gear ratios...
Attached Thumbnails EVO IX vs. EVO VIII-evo8-vs-9.jpg  
Old Mar 27, 2005, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

As someone else also said

If it ain't broke don't fix it, why change an already good thing.
The subtle changes detween Evo's 7 to 9 on the Current Chassis, Each is going to be an improvement over the last, more R & D has gone into fine tuning this & tweeking that.
Hence the Gurney flap and the already proven Vortex Generator.
You can almost gurantee if Mitsu Wins the WRC this year they will probably have another MR version or a Gilles Panizzi edition G P E (9.5) (just an example)
Who knows, what I do know is this.
EVOLUTION, the car is continually evolving, look it up in the dictionary, it means to improve, to better it's self, that is exactly what is going on. The X is going to be a complete Chassis change as we all know, right now the concept drawings for the X are quite nice, I liked the New Mustang concept drawings when I first saw those but after seeing the new Clitoris car everywhere, I can't stand it.
Fortunatly for me the Evo hasn't done that.
I am sure that the X will continue the heritage of the Evo on until the 12 comes out, whether Mitsubishi continues on with another Chassis after that is anyones guess, but it may filter down to other vehicles in Mitsu's line up like the CZ-3 (Colt) platform
Atleast with the new chassis change we should finally get the same as the rest of the world.

The IX trims for the USDM are a little against the grain for me, in the sense that the rest of the world gets, RS, GT & GSR but here we get RS, GSR and MR, they should have kept it consistent with the rest of the world.
So it looks like to me that we get the left over mouldings to some of the MR parts
I did notice that the USDM IX MR will get the JDM Evolution MR badging, and not the USDM MR edition badging, as for Vehicle colors it will be interesting to see what is available, Maybe it will be just the 6 original colors, Which case we will finally be able to get a Black MR.
as far as the IX not coming with S-AYC, i am not surprised in the least, Disappointed yes.
But that is after all due to the bigger gas tank and emissions on the USDM evo's Packaging restraints, (I would say mainly cause of the larger Fuel tank).
Overall I am very pleased with the subtle upgrades to the IX.
I am sure that others will feel the same when they finally see it in the flesh.

I am just so glad that they finally decided to get rid of the Pontiac Nose.
Old Mar 27, 2005, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Samdiver74

I am just so glad that they finally decided to get rid of the Pontiac Nose.
thats funny
Old Mar 29, 2005, 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

don't matter if it has 5th or 6th gear.if u don't know how to use them.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 12:33 PM
Account Disabled

I think the XI is nice and isnt much of an upgrade from the VIII. I personally like the look of the VIII better. I hate how the XI's front end doesnt show the 2 pipes coming out of the intercooler. The new bumper covers them up and then adds those 2 ugly holes in the front. Mivec is a cool addition all though not worth waiting for a XI IMO. Interior wise I love my RS interior with my aluminum shift knob, pedals and boost gauge pkg. I really love the blu recaro's as well. The XI's interior looks nice also, I just dont like the fact that there are leather accents on the seats. I also dont like how the steering wheel is all black now. I think the VIII's steering wheel has good contrast between the black and silver. Overall both look great I just prefer the eight.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 12:43 PM

i want an evo X already !!! =D
Old Mar 30, 2005, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jorge T
Gear ratios...

that sucks for the people who like drag race because the shorter 4th gear in the IX ensure's that people making any kind of power will most likely have to shift into 5th gear probably below 110...........sucks for them cause thats the difference between running 11's and 12's...i'll stick with my VIII

Quick Reply: EVO IX vs. EVO VIII