Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2004, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by atlvalet
I HATE the Gialla front end things. My .02. The rear is cool, along with getting rid of the triangle on the front end.
My feelings exactly!!!!
Old Dec 10, 2004, 08:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice evo
Old Dec 10, 2004, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by atlvalet
I HATE the Gialla front end things. My .02. The rear is cool, along with getting rid of the triangle on the front end.
i agree
Old Dec 11, 2004, 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

Well, I just recieved the latest hyper-rev.

The evo IX will be released in March of 05. It will have a MIVEC head and over 280PS. It will have an aluminum roof and a skyline r-34 like rear bumper.

This is what we have gotten from the new Hyper Rev. It is good information. The magazine states that it will be a very impressive car because it is the beginning of MMC's comeback in order to sway Japanese public opinion on MMC. There WILL BE AN EVO WAGON that is nothing like the RalliArt wagon. It will be designed to compete with the WRX wagon, and will be out in March as well.
Old Dec 12, 2004, 09:28 PM

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... KEWL CAR!!
Old Dec 12, 2004, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BADWRX
There WILL BE AN EVO WAGON that is nothing like the RalliArt wagon. It will be designed to compete with the WRX wagon, and will be out in March as well.
Interesting
Old Dec 12, 2004, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Hooptie157
I sooo happy that they got rid of that NASTY mistu triangle in the front. I hated that thing for so long. I wonder if the front and rear bumpers would fit on the 8's, hmmmmm
Hate to break it to you, but that lil triangle will probly be on the USDM version because mitsu is trying to get some kind of brand recognition by putting that lil POS triangle-style grille on every car they make. In other words, it makes the Evo look cheaper because it resembles the lancer.
Old Dec 12, 2004, 09:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dcorn
Hate to break it to you, but that lil triangle will probly be on the USDM version because mitsu is trying to get some kind of brand recognition by putting that lil POS triangle-style grille on every car they make. In other words, it makes the Evo look cheaper because it resembles the lancer.

lets all start crying
Old Dec 12, 2004, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dcorn
Well, considering the Evo is based upon the Lancer, and the car's name is "Lancer Evolution" I don't really think it matters. Those who think the car is cheap will always think its cheap, regardless of the name that it's associated with.
Old Dec 12, 2004, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

yeah pretty cool bu not a fan of the rear...
Old Dec 13, 2004, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

I want the Wagon. If they bring it over, I will trade my 03 in on it. The thought of detroying 95 percent of the cars out their and having space for my snowboard and mountain bike would be awesome. They will have to revise the Dodge Magnum comercial where it beats on the sports car. They'll need an Evo Wagon blasting by it, and the Magnum driver sitting there with the WTF look on his face.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Considering the dismal sales performance of the Sportback, and the fact it was cancelled after one year, I doubt that will happen. Now a Ralliart Outlander with a detuned Evo motor, hmmm...
Old Dec 13, 2004, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BADWRX
Well, I just recieved the latest hyper-rev.

The evo IX will be released in March of 05. It will have a MIVEC head and over 280PS. It will have an aluminum roof and a skyline r-34 like rear bumper.

This is what we have gotten from the new Hyper Rev. It is good information. The magazine states that it will be a very impressive car because it is the beginning of MMC's comeback in order to sway Japanese public opinion on MMC. There WILL BE AN EVO WAGON that is nothing like the RalliArt wagon. It will be designed to compete with the WRX wagon, and will be out in March as well.

I agree w/ GP. There will be no wagon. If Mitsu did a demographic study on potential buyers, the results would scare them.

MIVEC head . . . are you willing to take a 5-10 grand hike in price for technology? It cost money to R&D to tune it properly. At the rate some Evo drivers tanking their cars, add gimmicky valvetrain for more parts to break into the equation. Wait for the ***** fest of "Mitsu sucks on warranty", "I'm not going ever buy from Mitsu again", or "they make crappy xyz product" mantra.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Road and track magazine said that a wagon is in the works to compete with the WRX wagon. So take it for what it's worth.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bahamut
I agree w/ GP. There will be no wagon. If Mitsu did a demographic study on potential buyers, the results would scare them.

MIVEC head . . . are you willing to take a 5-10 grand hike in price for technology? It cost money to R&D to tune it properly. At the rate some Evo drivers tanking their cars, add gimmicky valvetrain for more parts to break into the equation. Wait for the ***** fest of "Mitsu sucks on warranty", "I'm not going ever buy from Mitsu again", or "they make crappy xyz product" mantra.
WTF are you smoking?? Integrating technology that Mitsu has had around for years into the 4G63 would not cause a 5-10 grand price hike!

Quick Reply: Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]