Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2005, 12:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
>.<....cruel....too cruel........

We need more track vids. lol
Old Aug 2, 2005, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by boomtown
Japan has 100 or 101 RON from the pump. Not 110.

Australia has 98 RON (BP or Shell) from the pump, so the Malta / Eurospec VIIIs we get down here are supposedly 197kw stock rather than the 206kw of JDM.
The numbers sound correct. I mentioned 110 but i wasnt sure of the exact figure but i knew it was in the 100's. A few rons could make a lot of difference. geez Oh well, i wonder how much savings we are going to do if we buy the evo 9 and put some hi octane fuel in it. Im guessing, not much. The only thing im worrying about the evo 9 is the transmission. I hope we get the 6 speed in aus like jdm. (Praying)
Old Aug 2, 2005, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by [evolution]
That vid makes me want an Evo IX now...and I was going to settle for a used Evo VIII.
Im on the same track buddy. If the prices dont push over 65,000 aus dollars, i will have one in my garage. The only reason im going to buy evo 9 over the 8, is the mivec system. Nothing else.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 04:43 AM

Guys no need for ordering or searching on ebay. You can find the torrent file on mininova.org. My download is on 97 percent and the quality is very good(dvd rip). The only disadvantage is that theres no english subtitles. I can't wait to see the new evo 9 against its rivals.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by DoggieHowser
2002 Honda NSX-R ~ 7:56.73
1995 Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R ~ 8:01.72
1992 Honda NSX-R ~ 8:03.86
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Spec-C ~ 8:06.01
1991 Porsche 964 ~ 8:08.73
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR ~ 8:11.16
2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR GSR ~ 8:14.98
1990 Honda NSX ~ 8:16.15
1989 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R ~ 8:22.38

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ar.../t-121017.html
I saw that video. The guy did it on a wetlap and got held back in some parts because of road work. Im sure he can beet the wrx sti spec c time with some more effort.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 05:26 AM
Evolved Member

great link. I was checking out the Skyline Z tune preview also:

http://www.bestmotoringvideo.com/movies/vol22.wmv
Old Aug 2, 2005, 06:54 AM

EVO IX Group Buy in Australia

Hi there,

I am trying to get a "group buy" happening in Australia. There are 2 of us at the moment that are purchasing the IX when it arrives and that will give us certain advantages when buying. However, the more Aussie's that put their hand up for one and make it a "team" effort, the better off we all will be.

Please let know if you are interested.

Thanks

Regards
Robert
Old Aug 2, 2005, 08:18 AM
Account Disabled

good luck with that
Old Aug 2, 2005, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mpower_m3
Guys no need for ordering or searching on ebay. You can find the torrent file on mininova.org. My download is on 97 percent and the quality is very good(dvd rip). The only disadvantage is that theres no english subtitles. I can't wait to see the new evo 9 against its rivals.
my download is stuck at 0%
Old Aug 2, 2005, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

OK what is this S203??? Is it available in the US??? Will it be available?? Whats the difference between the regular STi??
Old Aug 2, 2005, 09:48 AM

+2
Old Aug 2, 2005, 11:49 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Already paid for mine @ Jackadeal.com ...
Nothing like real DVD-quality, subtitles and just 23 bucks!
Old Aug 2, 2005, 12:12 PM

not sure, but i think Monster is a company who specializes in Evos www.monster-sport.com
Old Aug 2, 2005, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MYEVO8U
OK what is this S203??? Is it available in the US??? Will it be available?? Whats the difference between the regular STi??
I doubt it, we never get the best stuff Here's a ton of info:

Subaru plans to offer a limited number of S203 Imprezas. The total production will 555 vehicles, and production will run from January 2005 to March 2005.
Pricing (including sales tax) starts at 4,609,500 yen.

1. Engine :
- Improved for more power and torque by using S203-specific tuning equipment. Emphasis on strong, smooth torque band that extends into upper rpm range. Results are 320-hp and 422-nm of torque.
- Turbo is larger with has more blades and uses a ball-bearing turbine shaft. Turbine blades are re-shaped to provide less lag at low rpms and more power at high rpms.
- Engine management is provided by an all-new Sport ECU.
- New, flex-resistant silicone connectors are utilized for the intercooler and air intake side of the turbocharger. These provide better engine response under full boost as well as longer life.
- For better high-rpm rotation, smoothness, and longevity, pistons, connecting rods and crankshaft are balanced and each engine is hand-assembled.
- A new, higher-flowing and more efficient catalytic converter is utilized.
- A better flowing muffler is used to decrease exhaust resistance. It is made from titanium for a 5-kg weight savings.
- Engine uses an air-cooled engine oil cooler for increased engine longevity and performance under high stress driving conditions.

2. Chassis:
- Chassis is upgraded to match increase in engine performance. The excellent stability and handling of the regular STi is retained, yet we have added an amount of increased adaptability to comfortably handle any road condition, even winding roads with variable surfaces.
- Shocks are 4-way adjustable for damping, giving the ability to provide a comfortable ride in slow city driving as well as a firm and controlled ride for high speed driving.
- The adjustable shocks give the driver options for choosing different handling characteristics for different road conditions.
- Spring rates are increased 50% and the ride height has been reduced by 15mm. These changes provide quicker reflexes and more roll resistance.
- Increased handling stability and control are provided by new aluminum lateral link with pillow-block bushings.
- A thicker rear anti-roll bar with special brackets is used to offer better handling.
- We use Pirelli P-ZERO CORSA tires for excellent grip in dry and wet weather and also for longer life and better control.
- We’ve fit the S203 with 18-inch forged-aluminum BBS wheels that are 6-kg lighter than the 17-inch wheels found on the base model STi.
- Exclusive outer-ventilated brake rotors are used for increased brake-cooling and over all better braking efficiency.

3. Exterior/Interior:
- We’ve improved the function of the exterior and interior by pursuing the best and sportiest materials available.
- Straight-line high-speed stability is improved with a carbon fiber front lip spoiler that reduces front-end lift and keeps the tires better planted to the road surface.
- Attached under the front lip spoiler is a strip of rubber that additionally limits airflow under the body of the car and also minimizes damage to the spoiler should the front lip spoiler contact the road surface.
- An exclusive 2-way adjustable rear wing spoiler is used to reduce rear-end lift and to keep the tires better planted to the road surface.
- We have added special reclining Recaro front sport seats with gray Alcantara center surfaces to help keep driver and passenger firmly held in place during spirited driving. These seats are constructed with carbon fiber shells and therefore are lighter and stronger than the seats offered in the base STi.
- Gray Alcantara trim is used on door panels.
- The color black is used in the interior to convey a feeling of sportiness and consistency. Black floor mats are sued, and a black soft-feel coating is used on the center console, gauge pod, and side bench grille.
- Body colors are Crystal Gray metallic, Pure White, Solid Red, and WR Blue mica.
- S203s come with a silver mesh-type front grille.
- Equipped with S203 emblems, front and rear.
- Equipped with a 260 km/hr speedometer.
- Equipped with an aluminum shift boot trim ring with serial number.

4. Other Equipment:
- Driver-controlled center differential with auto-mode.
- Front helical limited-slip differential.
- Mechanical rear limited-slip differential.
- Rear anti-roll bar bracket with ball joint.
- Power steering oil cooler with cooling fins.
- HID low-beam lamps.
- Tinted windows.
- Heater controls with metallic ring.
- S203 plate and serial number for engine bay.
- Fog lamp covers with STi decals.
- Exclusive red hazard switch.
- Suede owner’s manual cover.
- Exclusive leather key chain with S203 serial number.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

whoa

Quick Reply: Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]