Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2005, 01:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what kinda prices are we looking at with the 9?
Old Aug 13, 2005, 07:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by houdni
what kinda prices are we looking at with the 9?
from what I heard the MSRP on the evo 9 will be $500 more then the MSRP on the evo 8.
Old Aug 13, 2005, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dan_EVO
from what I heard the MSRP on the evo 9 will be $500 more then the MSRP on the evo 8.
correct
Old Aug 13, 2005, 12:22 PM

500 more, thats not too bad.
Old Aug 13, 2005, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

stop merging the threads
Old Aug 14, 2005, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lil'evil_evo
stop merging the threads
Yeah, Please!
I hate when you read something in a Thread and you go back to look for it and its and its stuffed in merged mess.
Old Aug 14, 2005, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kc2Buk
Yeah, Please!
I hate when you read something in a Thread and you go back to look for it and its and its stuffed in merged mess.
No $hit how in the hell can you keep up with updates. Mods get off your power trip and leave this thread alone please your not doing anyone a favor, in fact your pissing people off
Old Aug 14, 2005, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

Does anyone know how many years the evo IX wll be released for? is it only going to be released as a 2006 model and thats it?
Old Aug 14, 2005, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

does anybody know when the 9 comes out exactly
Old Aug 14, 2005, 04:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chrisblueevo
does anybody know when the 9 comes out exactly
No one really knows for sure. When I went to the dealer yesterday and put down a deposit for the 9 they told me they should be expecting them mid-late october but that is only a guess.
Old Aug 14, 2005, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Dan_EVO
Does anyone know how many years the evo IX wll be released for? is it only going to be released as a 2006 model and thats it?
from what i understand it will only be released for the 2006 year
Old Aug 14, 2005, 07:49 PM

Well I drove an EVO IX at the track today. It was part of the press release for the new Mitsu Truck. Which Sucks!

They also had EVO IX's for the journos to drive on track as well as an autoX area. As one of three driving instructors for the track portion I pretty much had free reign to drive the cars as much as I wanted. We had all 3 EVOs. MR, RS and the GSR (?). So heres my take.

First off I've never driven an VIII, so I have nothing but an STi to compare it to.

I do join the masses that say "buy a EVO if your going to track it quite a bit, buy an STi if its your daily driver". Comparing stock for stock, the EVO is better handling than the STi. Turn in is more precise, understeer, while still present is vastly reduced. Brakes are pretty much the same, but there seems to be a bit more pedal travel than in the STi. Keep in mind I was driving a pre-production unit with original fluid. So I would take that with a grain of salt. The tires I like better than the Bridgestones, they didn't get nearly as greasy under the same conditions. But then again they were new this AM. I don't remember what mine were like when new. IMO the STi has better power delivery. More torque down low, the EVO you need to rev to get the power out. But once it spools, it puts out till redline.

Driving the GSR and MR were pretty much the same on track, with the MR a tad softer. Hopping into the RS was altogether different. First off it felt like there was 25hp more. The lighter weight was very noticable. Much more nimble. I swear it feels like more than 120lbs less. Crisper turn-in, better braking, harder acceleration out of the corners. I was suprised at how different it was. But it was pretty stiff driving around the paddock. I don't think I'd want it on the street every day.

Interior was better than expected. The drivers seats don't get much better. I want them in my STi. Leather bolsters with suede seating. The rears are the same. No more of that crappy cloth. I do like the dash and center console on the STi better. The RS now has A/C standard.

While it may sound like I favor the EVO over the STi, thats not the case. Kind of. IMO they're even. It all comes down to how your gonna use it. Would I get an EVO? Yes, but right now the STi is the better choice for me. Maybe when the EVO X comes out that'll change.

To add to the rear wing discussions, Mitsu now has a downforce package that adds a wickerbill to the rear spoiler and a front airdam to the front. The wickerbill was only about 3/8" tall. The cars we had didn't get the front airdam, but had the wickerbill. It caused enough downforce (or anti-lift) in the back that the cars had a big push at speed. The wickerbill was removed and the push went away. Go figure.

Old Aug 14, 2005, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AWDriven
Well I drove an EVO IX at the track today. It was part of the press release for the new Mitsu Truck. Which Sucks!

They also had EVO IX's for the journos to drive on track as well as an autoX area. As one of three driving instructors for the track portion I pretty much had free reign to drive the cars as much as I wanted. We had all 3 EVOs. MR, RS and the GSR (?). So heres my take.

First off I've never driven an VIII, so I have nothing but an STi to compare it to.

I do join the masses that say "buy a EVO if your going to track it quite a bit, buy an STi if its your daily driver". Comparing stock for stock, the EVO is better handling than the STi. Turn in is more precise, understeer, while still present is vastly reduced. Brakes are pretty much the same, but there seems to be a bit more pedal travel than in the STi. Keep in mind I was driving a pre-production unit with original fluid. So I would take that with a grain of salt. The tires I like better than the Bridgestones, they didn't get nearly as greasy under the same conditions. But then again they were new this AM. I don't remember what mine were like when new. IMO the STi has better power delivery. More torque down low, the EVO you need to rev to get the power out. But once it spools, it puts out till redline.

Driving the GSR and MR were pretty much the same on track, with the MR a tad softer. Hopping into the RS was altogether different. First off it felt like there was 25hp more. The lighter weight was very noticable. Much more nimble. I swear it feels like more than 120lbs less. Crisper turn-in, better braking, harder acceleration out of the corners. I was suprised at how different it was. But it was pretty stiff driving around the paddock. I don't think I'd want it on the street every day.

Interior was better than expected. The drivers seats don't get much better. I want them in my STi. Leather bolsters with suede seating. The rears are the same. No more of that crappy cloth. I do like the dash and center console on the STi better. The RS now has A/C standard.

While it may sound like I favor the EVO over the STi, thats not the case. Kind of. IMO they're even. It all comes down to how your gonna use it. Would I get an EVO? Yes, but right now the STi is the better choice for me. Maybe when the EVO X comes out that'll change.

To add to the rear wing discussions, Mitsu now has a downforce package that adds a wickerbill to the rear spoiler and a front airdam to the front. The wickerbill was only about 3/8" tall. The cars we had didn't get the front airdam, but had the wickerbill. It caused enough downforce (or anti-lift) in the back that the cars had a big push at speed. The wickerbill was removed and the push went away. Go figure.

nice first post
what track was this at?
and was their much difference with the wickerbill attached?
Old Aug 14, 2005, 08:10 PM

It was at Portland, OR. And with JUST the wickerbill attached it pushed ALOT. Once it was removed it was much more neutral.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 12:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Turbolover
evo9's r GAY! even if we got the OEM bumpers, they dont work! there stupid looking attempt, by Mitsu., 2 copy other high-end sports cars! u ppl. r all suckers that purchased the IX bumpers and put them on ur 03-05 evo's. and on top on that, most after-market exhausts dont even fit!
That's probably the most uninformed thing I've heard all day. If you're talking about the Evo9 rear diffuser - most if not all aftermarket exhausts work. I've yet to see one aftermarket exhaust that hasn't fit, and if you have seen one, please let me know what model exhaust. Not only that, if you have access to the bumper, please take a look at it. Compared to the stock USDM bumper, it creates MUCH less drag. In fact, the entire "parachute" effect is removed from the rear of the car. Sure, it's not a full on race underbody panel, but it's light years ahead of the Evo8 bumper. You really have to see it on a lift to appreciate it.

Quick Reply: Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]