Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2005, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
The STIs were for sale in mid 03. I know that because I bought my 03 Socic Yellow edition WRX on September 02 and Subaru was advertizing their upcoming STI in the market for early mid 03.
I am talking about model year... not the actual date. Sorry for the confusion, I guess it is a common thing on these forums.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 02:43 PM

the suspension in the MR makes it very tolerable in daily driving. For around $35k or so, you probably not going to find another car that is as much fun to drive as the Evo, i had mine a year now and it's still stock, no problems so far. BTW i'm turning 40 later on this year so at 34, you shouldn't get any funny looks from people,lol
Old Sep 2, 2005, 02:46 PM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
Originally Posted by dean_anderson
Hello Fellas (and ladies)...

Been lurking around for over a month now. I have a 2004 Z06 (ha 01, 02 as well. dont ask, i am a freak). unbelieveable car... unreal all around performance.

anyway, the Z06 is basically is a weekend car (if that) for me and i am looking for a fun performance car for a daily driver and do some autocrossing. therefore, considering the new EVO IX. i appreciate all types of performance cars (had 03 sti) and the level at which the EVO performs is quite amazing.

i consider myself pretty well read on the EVO, but, have a couple of questions for you EVO Pros'.

1. i am looking to purchase the EVO IX MR. (as soon as i can order it). also, i live in columbus ohio.. i am talking with medina mitsubishi (near cleveland) where dave buschur has a partnership in selling EVO's with his packages installed from the dealer. I am planning on doing the BR330. any thoughts on this?

2. How satisfied do you think i would be with a stock EVO and dont to the Buscher 330? is it "insane" to keep an EVO stock? i tend to not mod my cars too much, which is why the BR330 from the dealership was fairly attractive.

3. anything i should be careful of with the new EVO? clutch, trans, etc?

4. can i assume that you all love still love your rides and would buy one all over again.

5. is it cool for a 34 year old to drive an EVO? ha..

thanks in advance for the feedback gentlemen. great site by the way... hope to give you my feedback and comparisons to the Z06 soon.

best,

dean

Dean,
Do you live in ohio?
Old Sep 2, 2005, 03:56 PM

go C6 LS7
Old Sep 2, 2005, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

I want a C6 Z06 so bad I can taste it. Too bad my wallet can't taste it.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nirvevo
I don't like it

there is something about electric cars that says all the fun's gone. A commuter train is one thing, but sportin' around in my new GE? Hate to sound like a dinosaur but .....
Understood. But given a choice between the electric evo and toyota prius, which would you prefer?
Old Sep 2, 2005, 08:40 PM

evodave,

yes, i live in ohio. (columbus)

....um, did i mention i cant wait for the IX to be available!!!!
Old Sep 2, 2005, 08:43 PM
Evolving Member

my best friend has had a ws6 , z06 , sti and now an evo

He has no regrets
Old Sep 2, 2005, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

you got alot of great replies. here's my 2 cents.

A stock Evo begs for at least a few mods. like a computer flash to even out the power band. Getting this done with a warranty as in the Buscher packages is a gift from God.

For autocross the car tends to have a bit of body roll. More so in the MR I think. you may consider doing a coilover suspension with camber plates. If I had to choose 1 mod for autocross though it would be a second set of rims with slicks.

It's likely you'll need a clutch eventually - don't miss the chance to do a lighter flywheel when that happens. I personally try to get just enough clutch to do the job without over kill.

I'm also personally considering trading my 03 for a BR IX myself.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 10:21 PM

never too old

i am 51 and own my second evo, an 05 mr, i get kids checking out the car all the
time, even had a teen girl ask me when i was filling up with gas one time if it was
my son's car! LOL, i don't have any kids and got a chuckle out of it, my wife owns
an 04 C5 corvette, so there is some "friendly"competition between us, whenever
i drive her car, the steering feels somewhat sluggish but the car definately has
some torque to it when you step on it. the evo is so easy to drive and so
responsive, it makes even driving in traffic jams fun, if that is possible. the evo is
deceptively fast, you are exceeding the speed limit before you know it, and passing
cars on the freeway is done with surgical precision. mod it, keep it stock, it doesn't
matter, it still is a fast car that is fun to drive, but the more mods you do, the nosier
it gets, so keep that in mind. anyway, just my 2 cents, enjoy the car if you get one
Old Sep 2, 2005, 10:59 PM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
Originally Posted by dean_anderson
evodave,

yes, i live in ohio. (columbus)

....um, did i mention i cant wait for the IX to be available!!!!

do you know i work at the dealership in medina you called? PM me if you want to work something out man!
Old Sep 2, 2005, 11:09 PM
Evolving Member

I'm 35, and I would buy another Evo in a heartbeat. Love the car. The power and the useful space+4 doors. All wheel drive is a plus as well.
The things that you have to watch out for are the clutch and TC. Tires are sticky and goes away fast.
Like others said, a Flash is in order and slight mods to the suspension to take out the understeer.

Have fun!
Old Sep 3, 2005, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

Has anyone seen what colors are going to be offered on the IX, in particular the MR?
Old Sep 4, 2005, 01:43 AM

anybody/dealer have an update i know a couple of you have pre-ordered these.
the 06 sti's are on the street my friend is buying one and i've see one driving and have pics of it too
Old Sep 4, 2005, 01:55 AM

I'm too eager to own this car already! When is it coming out? I need a release date. It's killing me. The 9 is my fantasy and it keeps me up at night just thinking about it. I <3 Evo!!

Quick Reply: Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]