Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2006, 06:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So has this even been officially confirmed yet? Or are we just getting smoke blown up our asses?
Old Feb 23, 2006, 10:23 AM
RaX
Evolved Member

There's some pieces of info regarding the 9.5 over at Lancer Register:

http://www.lancerregister.com/showth...hreadid=103361

The post by JON K is especially intriguing, as he has always been a reliable source for info on upcoming versions of the Evo:
MMC were supplied with 2,000 sets paddles late last year so you may see the new DSG gearbox as a 9.5 option.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks like a late model year special limited run of cars for just Japan, though. Not something that will survive a whole model year in the US. Nothing on the MDL yet.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's some pieces of info regarding the 9.5 over at Lancer Register:

http://www.lancerregister.com/showt...threadid=103361

The post by JON K is especially intriguing, as he has always been a reliable source for info on upcoming versions of the Evo:
Quote:
MMC were supplied with 2,000 sets paddles late last year so you may see the new DSG gearbox as a 9.5 option.
If MMC were to offer paddles on a 9.5 they would have to retrofit it to the 4G63, which has been spun 180 degrees of the new aluminum motor. If the tranny's won't match up then no paddles.

Last edited by SWOLN; Feb 23, 2006 at 12:54 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

correct link:
http://www.lancerregister.com/showth...hreadid=103361
Old Feb 23, 2006, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
does anyone have a better pictre of the evo ix at the track on the link above
Old Feb 23, 2006, 01:30 PM
Evolving Member

That’s really too bad about the sportback, toned down and less HP, assuming they wind up being correct which wouldn’t surprise me. I would have liked that one more than the Concept X.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

Meh sounds like not much is going to change for the 9.5, although a new front spoiler and eibach suspension doesn't sound to bad if the price doesn't change.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

Cool Straight from Japan!

Hey everyone, long time no see!

While I can't provide "official dates" here is what's being said in Japanese websites and magazines...first let me start off by saying that in Japan currently the Evo IX is sold in only RS, GT, and GSR trim! Meaning, there is no IX MR yet! The 'supposed' IX MR you guys have in the US is basically a slight upgrade of the VIII MR with the new front bumper (I know I'm not being specific, so lay off ) According to an April issue of a Japanese magazine called "Car トップ" (Car Top), which is fairly reliable, they said the Japanese Evo IX MR will have more than the current 280ps (276 horsepower) and will prolly adopt the Yamaha REAMS system currently used on the AUDI RS6. The date they quoted for release was September this year, which I believe to be true because when I asked a dealership (remember I live in Japan) they said there are still roughly 860 Evo IXs (of the 5,000 total) that have yet to be sold, so I doubt 三菱 (Mitsubishi) will be selling the newer MR until the rest are sold and that won't be until the end of the year! Lastly, other sources of mine have all said that the EVO X won't be released in Japan until January 2007 at the earliest! And if this were true, it prolly wouldn't be until next summer before it was out in the US. Take my info for what you will, but I'll just add that I was the first to post real pics (and by 'real' I mean taken in person) of the Japanese Evo IX Peace

JapanEvo4's ride: https://www.evolutionm.net/registry/...e.php?vid=3653

Last edited by JapanEvo4; Feb 23, 2006 at 08:18 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JapanEvo4
Hey everyone, long time no see!

While I can't provide "official dates" here is what's being said in Japanese websites and magazines...first let me start off by saying that in Japan currently the Evo IX is sold in only RS, GT, and GSR trim! Meaning, there is no IX MR yet! The 'supposed' IX MR you guys have in the US is basically a slight upgrade of the VIII MR with the new front bumper (I know I'm not being specific, so lay off ) According to an April issue of a Japanese magazine called "Car トップ" (Car Top), which is fairly reliable, they said the Japanese Evo IX MR will have more than the current 280ps (276 horsepower) and will prolly adopt the Yamaha REAMS system currently used on the AUDI RS6. The date they quoted for release was September this year, which I believe to be true because when I asked a dealership (remember I live in Japan) they said there are still roughly 860 Evo IXs (of the 5,000 total) that have yet to be sold, so I doubt 三菱 (Mitsubishi) will be selling the newer MR until the rest are sold and that won't be until the end of the year! Lastly, other sources of mine have all said that the EVO X won't be released in Japan until January 2007 at the earliest! And if this were true, it prolly wouldn't be until next summer before it was out in the US. Take my info for what you will, but I'll just add that I was the first to post real pics (and by 'real' I mean taken in person) of the Japanese Evo IX Peace

JapanEvo4

arigato gozaimasu
Old Feb 23, 2006, 08:22 PM

no matter what happens mitsubishi wont mess up a good thing
Old Feb 23, 2006, 09:23 PM
RaX
Evolved Member

Thanks for the info JapanEvo4.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
What is the Yamaha REAMS system?
Old Feb 24, 2006, 06:30 AM
Evolving Member

Mid summer 2007 launch seems the most reasonable. New Outlander and Endeavor I forget which, this fall, new Lancer in early spring 2007 (probably with sedan and 5 door trims like the Mazda 6). The new Lancer should give us a very good indication of what the Evo X will look like and I think they would release the X a few months after the Lancer release. So at NAIAS in Jan 07 we should probably know a bunch more.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

I think there would possibly be a IX.5, a special like the VI TME, before the new Chassis gets released. An anniversary edition commemorating so many years in Rally, limited numbers, and each one numbered, like the FQ's, Burchur racings IX's and so on.
Also the fact that Ralliart is now in the US officially, we could see a special IX, ie FQ 300, start of things to come.
Only time will tell, after all the car will evolve once again.

Quick Reply: Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]