Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2006, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear MMNA...

Originally Posted by Samdiver74
I think there would possibly be a IX.5, a special like the VI TME, before the new Chassis gets released. An anniversary edition commemorating so many years in Rally, limited numbers, and each one numbered, like the FQ's, Burchur racings IX's and so on.
Also the fact that Ralliart is now in the US officially, we could see a special IX, ie FQ 300, start of things to come.
Only time will tell, after all the car will evolve once again.

Who knows what, if anything, they'll come up with.

Still, like you said, with the supposed launch of Ralliart North America there is a ripe opportunity for MMNA to make something truly special and a definite collector's item.

So how about it, MMNA?

I would love to see a 2007 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 MR Ralliart Limited Edition with some of best they have to offer.

Ralliart Bilstein adjustable coilovers, intercooler piping, hoses, wires, SS brake lines, seats, etc.

I mean the real deal. Man that would be awesome!

It really wouldn't be that hard to do either. Just keep it simple. Nothing radical like S-AYC or crap like that. Straight forward upgrades from the Ralliart catalogue will do nicely, thank you.

I'm sure they could get away with charging a premium for it, too, which is something they could certainly use these days.

Wishful thinking, I guess. Maybe I should start a petition.

geo
Old Feb 26, 2006, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

Evo IX TME Edition?

I watched the hyper meeting video that someone put up on the general forum. At the end, they had a IX TME edition evo driven by Tommi...i think it was him. Anyways, it was all in Japanese and i couldn't tell if it was just his evo or if there is a plan to bring a TME IX out. IF they do, i pray it makes it here state side. Plz help out and see if we can confirm this, or if i'm just dreaming
Old Feb 26, 2006, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

I havent seen the video, but i would be pretty suprised if they made a tommi makkinen edition evo9 considering he no longer racers. You never know though, theres always hope
Old Feb 26, 2006, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

If they were to produce a special edition before the EVO X comes out, it'll probably be called something else other than Tommi Mackinen Edition. Maybe they'll call it, EVO IX 4G Edition?
Old Feb 26, 2006, 10:23 PM

yea, they only had the TME for the evo 6 cus he was dominating the wrc with that car. seeing how makinen switched over to subaru afterwards and retired 2 years ago it wouldnt make any sense to make another TME. my guess is poor ol tommi misses his glory days and bought himself a nice mid-life crisis car
Old Feb 27, 2006, 01:57 AM

Read the original thread. Someone explained what the TME in the Lancer Evolution IX TME stood for:

"The Evo 9 TME is made by HKS Kansai. The TME stands for Toshiaki Mukai Edition. Apparently he is the main guy at HKS Kansai for Evo tuning and this is his creation."

Note: HKS Kansai's Evo was the fastest Evo in the Hyper Rev 2005 Evo vs. Impreza Street Class. Another HKS Kansai Evo was also the winner for Car and Driver's 2005 Modified Car shoot out.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 06:57 AM

i have some pics from a japanese magazine my buddy picked up for me while he was visiting his parents out there...when i get a chance ill scan it for u guys...lots of cool stuf...i just wish i could read it instead of just looking at the pics
Old Feb 27, 2006, 08:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
TME edition....
Old Feb 27, 2006, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

lol. I don't Japanese!!! When i saw the car and all the "TME Edition" logos on it...i was like NO WAY!!!!! but had to ask. appreciate the answers.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Sadly, the only Tommi Mäkinen edition made these days is a Subaru STi: http://www.tommimakinen.net/ :|
Old Feb 27, 2006, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Old Feb 27, 2006, 12:07 PM
ZK
Evolved Member

I posted the video... The whole time the test driver was going "Wow, this is pretty fast." while driving it.

For those that missed it, the link for the video is here:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=185835
Old Feb 27, 2006, 12:18 PM
ZK
Evolved Member

Actually looking at the HKS Kansai web site, the IX TME is actually a modified Evo 8 MR. I have no idea why it is called the IX...

http://www.hkskansai.co.jp/html/demo...hi/evo8mr.html
Old Mar 2, 2006, 01:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gotevo?
I watched the hyper meeting video that someone put up on the general forum. At the end, they had a IX TME edition evo driven by Tommi...i think it was him. Anyways, it was all in Japanese and i couldn't tell if it was just his evo or if there is a plan to bring a TME IX out. IF they do, i pray it makes it here state side. Plz help out and see if we can confirm this, or if i'm just dreaming
keep dreaming
Old Mar 7, 2006, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

Since the X isn't coming until early 2008 now maybe the will bring over the IX wagon.

Quick Reply: Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]