Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2005, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think Spare-Flair should grab those other two vids and turn them into dlable vids too!! but maybe in mpeg format because even though i have a quicktime alt, i still dont like it!! they take longer to load and are bigger files!

either way im impressed, i got tired of sittin there on dial up waitin on the vid to load on the site! and now i get to show everyone that comes into my room!

i better start saving up!! my 03 evo is gone, RIP, maybe ill have a good down payment saved up by then so my payments wont be so much!
Old Jan 22, 2005, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

i like evo 9 front bumper except they could have made it a lil bit more lower...like bigger intercooler opening...the gaila holes dont look too good...unless they fit in fog lights exactly that size, like no housing for the lamps...that'll look good
Old Jan 23, 2005, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by OneQWKEVO
i think Spare-Flair should grab those other two vids and turn them into dlable vids too!! but maybe in mpeg format because even though i have a quicktime alt, i still dont like it!! they take longer to load and are bigger files!

either way im impressed, i got tired of sittin there on dial up waitin on the vid to load on the site! and now i get to show everyone that comes into my room!

i better start saving up!! my 03 evo is gone, RIP, maybe ill have a good down payment saved up by then so my payments wont be so much!
Which two vids?
Old Jan 23, 2005, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Spare-Flair
Which two vids?
The two vids on the previus page of posts on the http://www.lancerevoclub.org web site...theres two vids from Gilles, and in car and outside vid....i havent watched them yet hopin youd get to them but im sure im not the only one who would like to have these vids! Thanks man!

btw, how did you ****** the vid off the web site?
Old Jan 24, 2005, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by OneQWKEVO
The two vids on the previus page of posts on the http://www.lancerevoclub.org web site...theres two vids from Gilles, and in car and outside vid....i havent watched them yet hopin youd get to them but im sure im not the only one who would like to have these vids! Thanks man!

btw, how did you ****** the vid off the web site?
You just have to locate the real address of video by playing some tricks with your browser when it's a full movie. If it's a streaming type video, you may need additional software. Hmm, every post of this video is in an odd format. Do you have Macromedia Shockwave Flash? If you do, just goto www.shockwave.com and download it and you should be able to view those swf videos and even save them to your harddrive.

So far, the realmedia ones I have from the Japanese site are the largest screensize and highest quality. Unfortunately, rm and swf files aren't easily converted.

http://users.telenet.be/lec/lancerev...Xprototype.swf
http://users.telenet.be/lec/lancerev...ype_inside.swf

If you just click them in your browser, they should play and stream pretty fast though. You don't need an outside media player. These are pretty good quality.

Last edited by Spare-Flair; Jan 24, 2005 at 11:35 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Haha when Gilles Panizzi says that the 9 handles better than the 8 he's probably right. I felt sorry for Mitsubishi last year because the 8 had so many problems. The look on Mr. Panizzi's face after having to retire before the event was done was discouraging. They call him the King of Tarmac and that video shows it. Mitsu's 06 season looks good when they bring in the Ralliart 9 for WRC.

My reactions to the car......I guess I just didn't like the yellow one. Haha! But I don't like how the front end looks now. Everone complains that the Evolution is too boxy and taking out the triangle makes it look like the 7 which was pretty boxy already. lol But I think I'll get over that lil detail once it comes out here. The tail looks sweet. Kinda like a mix between my favorite cars. Evolution and RX-8. That's just me.

BTW. Mitsu, if anyone reads this over there. TAKE OUT THOSE D***ED HOLES!!! Just doesn't fit.

Oh and thanks for the vid linx Flare.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 05:52 PM
Evolving Member

But they're not even using the Lancer Evo for rally anymore! It's the Lancer WRC! Isn't anybody bugged that the Evo isn't even what it is anymore?

Giles won't be using the Evo IX, they'll be using the Lancer base with some Evo components and that engine block at an angle...
Old Jan 24, 2005, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Oh is that what they did? Hm...lol sorry i didn't read anything after the 04 season ended.... wait.. the regular lancer still uses the Evolution framing.....I don't know if there's a difference between frame and chassis but the 03 ES use similar parts. And they should still be using the 63 engine.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Gilles Panizzi placed 3rd in the rally. Mitsu is getting better now
Old Jan 24, 2005, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CRVdrftR05
Oh is that what they did? Hm...lol sorry i didn't read anything after the 04 season ended.... wait.. the regular lancer still uses the Evolution framing.....I don't know if there's a difference between frame and chassis but the 03 ES use similar parts. And they should still be using the 63 engine.
Giles drove the Lancer WRC in 04' also.

At least the Lancer WRC 05 looks much better. In fact, I wish the Evo would use the much more subdued hood of the Lancer WRC.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TwiNpnOy84
Gilles Panizzi placed 3rd in the rally. Mitsu is getting better now
That's misleading. Overall, Mitsubishi was blown out of the water. On the last stages, Panizzi hit a tree and Sola crashed out too.

Overall WRC results 2004:

1. Citroën 137 Pts

2. Ford 102 Pts

3. Subaru 79 Pts

4. Peugeot 73 Pts

5. Mitsubishi 17 Pts

Every major manufacturer has 4-5 times the points of Mitsu.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 07:07 PM

I believe Mitsu entered the competition late and were using the year for testing...someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I read in the press...
Old Jan 24, 2005, 07:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NaranKPatel
I believe Mitsu entered the competition late and were using the year for testing...someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I read in the press...
Mitsubishi was involved in all the rally stages and actually did well in the early races and Mitsu fans were pretty optimistic. They got most of their points in the beginning but many of them were concessionary points.

It just bugs me that the Evolution really isn't what the Evolution is anymore. It's always sold as the rally machine but they are holding onto the heritage of the Evo 6 and Makinen...the Cedia platform'd Evos have never been up to par...even Tommi said so. Doesn't it bug you that the Evolution model in name isn't even used in rally anymore? I think it loses part of the prestige. I can't remember what the WRC rules are anymore since they changed them but really, the Lancer WRC isn't even based on a purchasable car anymore, with more to do with the old model Lancer than either the current Lancer Ralliart or Lancer Evolution.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 07:31 PM

I completely agree, its sad that they changed the rules...to take the WRC car to the road would be cost prohibative, but the older cars were getting dangerously quick so they had to put in measures to rail them in. After those failed after a number of years - manufactures would fine exotic ways to get around them (Sneeky buggers). They changed the rules quite a bit... exit EVO generation enter WRC cars...

I used to have a Celica GT-Four Carlos Sanitz Group N (5000 world wide limited), and yes it had it's own number in the car nicely engraved and signed. It also came with a certificate properly signed and details on prove authenticity...It was nice car but after it racked up some miles I decied to sell for Supra TT. I actually sold Celica GT Four for near even money after putting on 70K! Eventually I sold the Supra TT and came to US from the UK and after a few years got the EVO...I love the control of rally cars!
Old Jan 24, 2005, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

What I meant was that Mitsubishi uses the Evolution body frame for it's regular econobox Lancers so wouldn't that make the WRC05 an Evolution still? I'm not trying to pick a fight I'm just trying to be clear. Yeah...iono.. I'm lookin forward to this year's Championship though.

Quick Reply: Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]