Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2006, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FLK
Someone needs to go to that exposed SAWC display and take detailed pix of the suspension and rear diff/ayc units!
i wish i could see pics of that, im really wanting to know what it looks like
Old Apr 15, 2006, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

any pics of the outlander?
Old Apr 15, 2006, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Here is a bit better image of SAWC (I have a bunch of high res images but had to crop and limit them to 100kb in size)

...and Concept X does not look like a Cobalt, Concept X has perfect proportions and dimensions in my book. Some people that complain about the front being a bit too long, when you would see it live you would realize that it's adequate with the rest of the cars body and actually is a lot shorter than images suggest. Also Concept X seems to be a bit shorter, a bit wider, and a bit lower than the current EVO IX.

Again, this car looks a whole lot better live. If Mitsubishi will release EVO X that looks similar to this, they'll have a winner. Simply put, Concept X is one sexy, sleek, and at the same time, mean looking car.
Attached Thumbnails Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]-sawc.jpg  
Old Apr 15, 2006, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by alexis525
any pics of the outlander?
Here are quick two pictures of the front.

Happy Easter Everyone.

Over and out...
Attached Thumbnails Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]-outlander1.jpg   Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]-outlander2.jpg  
Old Apr 15, 2006, 01:59 PM
FLK
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blitzkrieg79
Here is a bit better image of SAWC (I have a bunch of high res images but had to crop and limit them to 100kb in size)

...and Concept X does not look like a Cobalt, Concept X has perfect proportions and dimensions in my book. Some people that complain about the front being a bit too long, when you would see it live you would realize that it's adequate with the rest of the cars body and actually is a lot shorter than images suggest. Also Concept X seems to be a bit shorter, a bit wider, and a bit lower than the current EVO IX.

Again, this car looks a whole lot better live. If Mitsubishi will release EVO X that looks similar to this, they'll have a winner. Simply put, Concept X is one sexy, sleek, and at the same time, mean looking car.
Wow I can see the AYC unit...and is that the DSG gearbox? Now i'm itching for CLOSEUPS!
Old Apr 15, 2006, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

It pisses me off how they refuse to show the car in any other color other than that red. I'd like to see it in black or something.

Last edited by Evo VIII; Apr 15, 2006 at 04:31 PM.
Old Apr 15, 2006, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

It's a... 4 door cobalt/srt4/pontiac gto lookin "coupe"
Old Apr 15, 2006, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't like the rear lights or the Dual Exhaust... and the huge wheels..
Old Apr 15, 2006, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by alloyic_rs
You should also add Audi-esque, Acura TL, and maybe add Mazda 3 to the mix...

I bet you haven't seen the car upclose...

And...It's looking... a whole lot better than current Evo generation, it's time for Mitsu to not only offer a high performace vehicle but also a good looking hight performance vehicle that will actually attract customers based on aesthetics alone. And the current generation of Evo's doesn't do that.
Old Apr 15, 2006, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Originally Posted by alloyic_rs
Not even close. The lines and edges are to sharp to be any of those cars. All those cars have soft lines and edges and are much more rounded in general.

If you take the wing off, I think it looks like an Acura. Some may think that is a good thing and others may the differently.
Old Apr 15, 2006, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

I like it!
Old Apr 15, 2006, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sub12anyone
does anyone else think it looks like the cobalt ss. not a good thing...

Doesn't look anything like it...looks like your the only 1
Old Apr 15, 2006, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

^^ You're right. Mitsu does need to update the looks such as the interior. The current evo's interior is a bit lacking but it really has all that you need. The evo x is like a whole diff car, not a rally rocket anymore. I'm sure it's great up close but only "for show." I like my RS (no show but all go) and don't see myself trading it for the X.

And as far as what I said about the cobalt/srt4/gto thing, I'm saying that it has american car characteristics. A big .
Old Apr 15, 2006, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

It just needs new tail lights entirely and its all good to go then
Old Apr 15, 2006, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

i like the rear diffuser...likes hella mean! other than that, i'm looking forward to seeing it in person. from these pictures at different angles that the other pictures mitsu provided for the new X, i can really see the lines and everything else. bigger brakes, looks like a whole new suspension setup, and a sexier physique. this will definitely pull it off

and yes i have to agree with you blitzkrieg79 that the outlander looks way better than the new rav4

good job with the pics...now i got a whole new perspective view of the X

Quick Reply: Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]