Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2006, 10:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SilverIX
Look at some interior shots of an 8, then look at some of a 9. If you still aren't seeing it, sit in an 8 (shouldn't be hard for you, ) then sit in a 9. If you STILL aren't seeing it, then you're definitely an Evo 8 guy.

For me, the interior of the 8 was absolutely horrid. It may seem, or even be, subtle or 'little' things, but it made a huge impact on me. Sitting in the 9, vs. the 8, I felt the 9 was worlds better. :shrug: It's all preference, as you know, but that's what got me interested in Evo's again. That and the price tag.

The Mivec and additional stuff ain't bad either.
I have been in both, my buddy has and Ix Mr.

Why don't you tell me what is actually different? Both is the same exact interior
besides the little insuffnicent touch ups. I'm glad you're happy with your 9 like me with my 8, but sorry to let you know it's both the same.
Old May 15, 2006, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the mivec doesnt add as much power as the 7% larger turbo and 10.5 hotside (larger turbo outlet). An 8 with cams would make almost the exact same power as a IX with mivec cams if they had the same turbo, but the IX has a better power band from the factory... I could be wrong, but didnt they change the gearing ratio for the IX's as well?
Old May 15, 2006, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

IX turbo + mivec allows the turbo to spool up MUCH sooner after a flash...its night and day when you line them up side by side who zips away first. Forget just peak HP, if you can get to peak HP sooner and hold it longer thats a good thing.

IX interior has small changes but they add up to a huge improvment in the looks department. The toning down of the colors on the dash pieces + the alcantara inserts in the non leather Evos really cleans up the attempt at tarting up the crap interior of the Evo in general on the VIII.
Old May 15, 2006, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DJ Brett B
the mivec doesnt add as much power as the 7% larger turbo and 10.5 hotside (larger turbo outlet). An 8 with cams would make almost the exact same power as a IX with mivec cams if they had the same turbo, but the IX has a better power band from the factory... I could be wrong, but didnt they change the gearing ratio for the IX's as well?
finally a 9 owner that doesn't put down the 8 and realizes that the turbo is the biggest difference maker! i'm not gonna lie, i'd rather have a 9 since i'm just a bolt-on kinda guy(at least till it's paid off)cause it's easier to make power with but all you 9 owners that put down the 8 have problems! why all the evo on evo hate? i like the looks of the 9 better though, front bumper, lights, seats. and yes the evo 9 does have shorter gears to make acceleration faster.
Old May 15, 2006, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

The Evo 6 was the peak of the evo's. It's only been going downhill from there with the exception of the 9. Ever watch the 6 vs. the 8?
Old May 15, 2006, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SpoonEvo
I have been in both, my buddy has and Ix Mr.

Why don't you tell me what is actually different? Both is the same exact interior
besides the little insuffnicent touch ups. I'm glad you're happy with your 9 like me with my 8, but sorry to let you know it's both the same.
Cosmetically, it is very different. It has a different look and feel to it. Solid black (screw the "CF" stuff) is my favorite kind of interior. So, naturally, going from black + purple/blue with lame designs on the seats to ALL black would suit me better.

Don't take my comments as me saying "Evo 8's suck. 9's rule. Just look at them." They're both Evo's, they're both very similar, but also different in certain regards. I prefer the 9 overall. :shrug: There's no way for me to explain WHY when the why is simply my personal likes and dislikes.
Old May 15, 2006, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Cosmetically, it is very different. It has a different look and feel to it. Solid black (screw the "CF" stuff) is my favorite kind of interior. So, naturally, going from black + purple/blue with lame designs on the seats to ALL black would suit me better.

Don't take my comments as me saying "Evo 8's suck. 9's rule. Just look at them." They're both Evo's, they're both very similar, but also different in certain regards. I prefer the 9 overall. :shrug: There's no way for me to explain WHY when the why is simply my personal likes and dislikes.
you say screw the CF, i like solid black, but the 9 has CF trim on the dash going all the way across where it just used to be dark grey in the 8 so i don't see what you're getting at. i do agree on the seats though, they have a much better look and feel to them, but that is really the only interior difference that appeals to me in the 9.
Old May 15, 2006, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Fake CF is cheesy but it looks better being dark vs. the lighter silver color IMO anyways. I would love to swap the fake stuff out for the real deal though.
Old May 15, 2006, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

I agree the 9s are better but they aren't $10k better to me!

If I didn't have an EVO I would get a 9 but already owning and tracking my 8 was well worth having it instead of waiting 3 years for a 9! Its not worth the 10 large to upgrade especially with the 10 on the horizon.

Most of you guys dont even road race the evo's you have so whether the 6 was the best or whether the 10 will be doesn't really matter: Posers.
Old May 15, 2006, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hondafan
you say screw the CF, i like solid black, but the 9 has CF trim on the dash going all the way across where it just used to be dark grey in the 8 so i don't see what you're getting at. i do agree on the seats though, they have a much better look and feel to them, but that is really the only interior difference that appeals to me in the 9.
You don't see what I'm getting at, because you aren't me. These are MY personal preferences. I NEVER said the Evo 9 was superior because I thought it was. I said *I* like it better, or *I* think it's better.

To me, it IS a big difference. You, and others, obviously think it's minor and insignificant. But obviously, to me, it's not. Hence, I like the 9's interior better. If you don't agree, don't see why, etc. etc. etc. - that's fine. I'm not here to convert anyone, or make followers of some movement. It isn't a big deal. I just stated my opinion, my preference. I apologize if you guys are offended by that.

One more thing...the CF *can* (and will be in mine) removed/replaced by black. The fabric being solid black is probably the biggest (and best) interior change to me.

Edit: Though I'm sure it doesn't seem like it, I am not, in fact, mad. I'm just feeling like a failure here, trying to get my point across. And I notice certain people are sounding defensive to me. This isn't Evo on Evo hate. This is simply me stating my opinion/preference about something.

Last edited by SilverIX; May 15, 2006 at 10:47 AM.
Old May 15, 2006, 11:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an 8 with the ssl package. Now if I'm to sit inside a 9 with the ssl, what will
look different to me? Hmm...That fake cabon fiber going across the dash and the
black steering wheel. Am I missing something? Yes, the seats and the panels
are a nice touch up compare to the blue ones, comon it's the same seats with
different frabrics.
Old May 15, 2006, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SpoonEvo
I have an 8 with the ssl package. Now if I'm to sit inside a 9 with the ssl, what will
look different to me? Hmm...That fake cabon fiber going across the dash and the
black steering wheel. Am I missing something? Yes, the seats and the panels
are a nice touch up compare to the blue ones, comon it's the same seats with
different frabrics.
I give up. You win. Your opinion and preference > mine. :bow:
Old May 15, 2006, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by --anonimuz
Off topic, will the MSRP on those probably be higher?
This isn't off topic. The price is also a selling point on all of the Evolutions. The X's MSRP will most likely be up to 40k with all of the new "toys" it's being released with. Let's hope that 40k is the maximum price for a fully loaded X otherwise a lot of us will have to be readjusting our budgets.

btw. How IS english class going for you Mitsu_Lover? =P You really are the most eloquent member on this forum for your age.
Old May 15, 2006, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Why does everyone think the TEN will be $40k?

Mitsu cannot afford to raise the price that high.
Old May 15, 2006, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Personally I'm estimating. All of the technology in that car is rivaling cars at 2X+ its price range (ie GTR). I mean, how would Mitsu manage to market the current evo at low 30k rite now?

With the addition of S-AWC (S-AYC, ACD, Active Suspension, ect.) I'm not thinking the car will be below 35k anymore. All of these things add up. I personally would take the crap interior all over again to make the technology under it more affordable. But that's just me.

Us being Evo owners...we aren't mainstream America where Mitsu's looking. We're the ones that already have their car so they're looking to the rest that didn't buy an Evo. It's all marketing. Unless Mitsu has an extremely efficient way of making the X I don't think we'll be seeing sub-35k anymore. =\

my .02

Quick Reply: Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]