Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2006, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PA-silver03evo
Well, I went to my local Mitsu dealer today and the service manager said they have a shipment of SEs coming August 27. I got one reserved for me so it looks like I'll have one in a month. When he looked through his screen that shows shipment details, it showed most dealers only getting one with only a few getting 2 or 3. So if anyone is planning on buying one, you might want to go to your dealer and reserve one because I'm sure they will be hard to come by.
Good info on the arrival dates. What dealer are you referring to?
York Mitsubishi? They are a relatively small dealer, so it's not surprising that they would only get 2 or 3. They only have 2 Evos on the lot now.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Yes, this is York Mitsu. He said all of the dealers he saw in the computer were only getting 1-3 of them. At least for the initial order. He said Medina Mitsu in Ohio only had 2 or 3 on order as well. I would think they would try to get more since they do the BR series.

Originally Posted by aklucsarits
Good info on the arrival dates. What dealer are you referring to?
York Mitsubishi? They are a relatively small dealer, so it's not surprising that they would only get 2 or 3. They only have 2 Evos on the lot now.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Carloverx
My local dealer is getting one Black MR and a few SE's…but yes a black MR!... although I am now a new owner of a Red MR ...(I went with red b/c my girl friend likes it and I got a good deal on it, and the turbotrix stage 2 pack that came with it) Best wishes NaorisG with your black MR!
Thanks a lot buddy!
Old Jul 25, 2006, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

what is the differences in the ix and the ix se?

I'm in the process of purchasing a ix and was wondering in case I want to wait and find an se.

I tried to search, can someone point me in the right direction.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

lol, on the page right before this one someone else asked that same question. I'll tell you the same thing, check page 215 of this thread. It has pictures and all the info.

Originally Posted by FastAzzEvo
what is the differences in the ix and the ix se?

I'm in the process of purchasing a ix and was wondering in case I want to wait and find an se.

I tried to search, can someone point me in the right direction.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

If York is only ordering 1-3 of them I might have to make a road trip to PA! Only one month away!
Old Jul 26, 2006, 09:37 PM
Evolving Member

I called two dealerships around here today and they both said they are getting them but they said they dont know how much they will mark them up as and how many they will get.
I am waiting for a word back.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

Yea, I know York Mitsu is getting 2 GG ones on/about august 27. He said he thought he was supposed to be getting 3 but it only showed 2 scheduled to be coming. He called Mitsu to find out if he can get another one to replace the one I have reserved and they said yes. So they will have at least 3 or 4 total. Not sure if the dealers will get more than one shipment or not since they arent making them for much longer.

Originally Posted by Deepseadiver
If York is only ordering 1-3 of them I might have to make a road trip to PA! Only one month away!
Old Jul 28, 2006, 07:03 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
new pics!

pics in the local autoshow about the IX final model. see extended front airdam.
Attached Thumbnails Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]-evoixse1.jpg   Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]-evoixse2.jpg   Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]-evoixse3.jpg   Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]-evoixse.jpg  
Old Jul 28, 2006, 07:59 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
new pics!

bump for new pics!
Old Jul 28, 2006, 07:59 AM
Evolving Member

^^^ NICE! Thanks for posting those!

It looks like the Japanese Final Version will have the same "Diamond Black" wheel finish as the US SE versions. I can't really get a good feel on the new wheel finish from those picks. I guess it looks nice, but I'd love to see some side shots too.

Last edited by aklucsarits; Jul 28, 2006 at 08:02 AM.
Old Jul 28, 2006, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sblvro
pics in the local autoshow about the IX final model. see extended front airdam.

NICE!!! Can you get pics of the red stitching on the seats and full view of the wheels?
Old Jul 28, 2006, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the pictures!

Are you sure that is of the SE model though? Did it have SE badging? The wheels do look like they described but its hard to tell in the pictures. I do so the front lip but it doesnt really look like the one pictured in this thread. Also I cant really see any side sill extensions like its supposed to have off the side skirts. Its probably just too dark to tell but I cant see the red stitching on the seats.

Either way, thanks again for posting the pics. I am just trying to find out what my new car is going to look like since mitsu wont show us. lol
Old Jul 28, 2006, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PA-silver03evo
Are you sure that is of the SE model though? Did it have SE badging? The wheels do look like they described but its hard to tell in the pictures. I do so the front lip but it doesnt really look like the one pictured in this thread. Also I cant really see any side sill extensions like its supposed to have off the side skirts. Its probably just too dark to tell but I cant see the red stitching on the seats.
This is NOT the US Evolution SE package. These are pictures of the Japanese "Final Version" Evolution. (Note the right hand drive and the Evo Wagon.)

However, one could reasonably assume that both the BBS wheels and the front spoiler on this "Final Version" car are probably the same ones that will be used on the US Evolution SE package cars.
Old Jul 28, 2006, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOM3
NICE!!! Can you get pics of the red stitching on the seats and full view of the wheels?
This Mitsu Japan site has picks of the red stiching seats found on the Japanese "Final Version":
http://evo4g63.net/

Look under the Design section for a small pic of the seat. Again, presumably the US Evo SE models will have similar seats to those on the Japan version.

Quick Reply: Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]