Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2006, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well now i don't feel so bad for getting a regular MR. i hate the stitching and the lip. the wheels however could look really good, but i still prefer the flat grey.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It doesn't look like that evo has the vortex generator on it. Maybe its just the angle of the pictures tho. Could that possible be the IX SE and not the MR w/appearance package?
Old Jul 31, 2006, 04:45 PM
Evolving Member

You can see the antenna coming out which I think belongs to the vortex generator.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 04:52 PM

No "WOW" factor in the SE !
Old Jul 31, 2006, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NaorisG
You can see the antenna coming out which I think belongs to the vortex generator.
I guess it is just the angle of the picture, but all evos have an antenna there.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Donk
No "WOW" factor in the SE !
Except the MR coming in black
Old Jul 31, 2006, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Why all the hate for the SE? I like it a lot. The main reason I want one is so I can get the HID headlights without getting the ssl package cause I dont want the leather seats. Also I can get the aluminum roof and bbs wheels without getting an MR. Plus I like the new wheel finish better. I like the new front lip as well but its nothing drastic. I like how it will make it a little different than all the others as will the red stitching. Overall, I am happy with it.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 11:01 PM

Kelly Blue Book lists SE "package"

So I was skimming through www.kbb.com looking at the Evos when I saw an upgrade package as "Special Edition Package." It seems to be mostly cosmetics with the only real performace benefit of the aluminum roof. I am guessing that leather will not be available on the GSR with the SE package. You decide on a GSR with SSL or SE? Decisions, decisions,....

link:

http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.n...MILE_EV;060800

I just looked again and the MR has an "Appearence Package." It's the SE package for the MR.

http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.n...ILM_EVM;060800

Sorry if it's a repost.

Last edited by stick; Jul 31, 2006 at 11:31 PM.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:08 AM
Evolving Member

Another big part about the SE is just being unique, you know you dont have something youll see 1000000 times on the road.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:28 AM
Evolving Member

yeah those were my exact thoughts too when i took those pics.. no WOW factor. just different colors. i thot it looked pretty good at first but now i think all the different colors for everything make the car look tacky. only thing i would love to keep are those rims. i LOVE those rims. u cant see the black finish because it only shows at some angles. its like the diamond black finish on the other bbs rims, the CH's. at some angles the inner spoke lines look like a polished metal and other angles it looks glossy black. hard to explain but u need to see them in person. when somebody gets an SE, SELL MR UR RIMS!!
Old Aug 1, 2006, 01:11 AM

i have to say i'm glad i didn't wait for the SE MR. I was hoping for something better. If you had a choice between a regular MR that looks good or a MR SE that looks unigue, what would you choose?

I saved myself time and $500 bucks by not waiting for this car.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Official press release on Evo SE from Mitsu Media site...

Thrilling Visual and Performance Enhancements at an Excellent Value Distinguish 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution SE

July 31, 2006 -- CYPRESS, Calif. -- Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) is applying the "Special Edition"; treatment to its critically acclaimed ninth-generation Lancer Evolution. The 2006 Lancer Evolution SE offers special features at a competitive price of $33,249 MSRP to make this legendary performance vehicle even more thrilling. The new SE trim level represents the final enhancement to a Lancer Evolution body style that has been on sale in the U.S. market since 2003.

Inside the Special Edition trim level, supportive, red-stitched RECARO(R) seats accentuate the interior while the exterior receives a new front airdam extension that adds style while reducing front end lift. A lightweight aluminum roof panel, also found on the Lancer Evolution RS and MR, helps control body roll by lowering the vehicle's center of gravity. The feather weight 17"; forged BBS(R) alloy wheels, now in a new "Diamond Black"; finish, add style while reducing unsprung weight to improve suspension performance. The SE trim level also includes high-intensity discharge (HID) headlights with halogen fog lamps giving the vehicle a distinctive look. The available exterior color choices for the Lancer Evolution SE are Apex Silver, Graphite Gray and Tarmac Black.

True to the Lancer Evolution's heritage, the SE is powered by a 2.0-liter inline four-cylinder DOHC intercooled-turbocharged engine with Mitsubishi Innovative Valve timing and Electronic Control (MIVEC) that is mated to a rugged 5-speed transmission.

The revised airdam, Recaro(R) seats with red stitching, and forged BBS(R) wheels with "Diamond Black"; finish are available on the MR trim level as well in the form of an Appearance Package which sells for $500.00.

Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc., (MMNA) is responsible for all manufacturing, finance, sales, marketing, research and development operations of the Mitsubishi Motors Corporation in the United States. Mitsubishi Motors sells coupes, convertibles, sedans and sport utility vehicles through a network of approximately 540 dealers. For more information, contact the Mitsubishi Motors News Bureau at (888) 560-6672 or visit media.mitsubishicars.com.

# # #

Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

No pics. Blegh.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

just one more way for them to make money....... Lets see who runs in to trade in there new XI for this......
Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dustin03
just one more way for them to make money....... Lets see who runs in to trade in there new XI for this......

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...6&page=1&pp=15

Quick Reply: Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]