Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2006, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mods this is a double post of my thread i would like this to be deleted....thanks
Old Aug 6, 2006, 01:02 PM

more power for the evo X?

will they give the EVO X more power to match its impressive new handling system. :

Old Aug 6, 2006, 01:10 PM
FLK
Evolved Member

Everywhere that it's mentioned it says at least 300. But i'll wager it'll be between 320-350. And since it's going to be lighter than the current IX you should rest easy on the fast department.

Last edited by FLK; Aug 6, 2006 at 01:13 PM.
Old Aug 6, 2006, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

Great news. So when is it really suppost to come out?
Old Aug 6, 2006, 01:20 PM
FLK
Evolved Member

Q1-Q2 2008 for the US.
Old Aug 6, 2006, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by OldschoolEVO
waiting to see it in white
I don't think it's being made in white. It's Apex Silver, Graphite Grey and Tarmac Black only.
Old Aug 6, 2006, 04:34 PM

My bad...
I dun understand these things easily, but what's the diff?
I really don't see a major change except the lip... I think.
Old Aug 6, 2006, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

I think people are expecting way too much for a couple thousand dollar option. For me its a cheaper way to get HID headlights (not paying for SSL that I wouldnt want) and getting the aluminum roof and BBS wheels (not paying for an MR). The front lip and seat stitching are just extra bonuses that I like because it makes the car a little different than all the rest.

Originally Posted by recklessevo
My bad...
I dun understand these things easily, but what's the diff?
I really don't see a major change except the lip... I think.
Old Aug 6, 2006, 04:40 PM

For the base IX it's the aluminum roof from the MR, factory HID's and fog lights, front lip, red stitching on the seats and diamond black BBS's. For the MR it's just the red stitching and the front lip.

So nothing major unless you want the HID's without getting the SSL package or the MR.
Old Aug 6, 2006, 05:02 PM

very glad i didnt wait for this i think the lip on it sucks , the red stitching on the seats is cool but only on the sides.... the red stiching running horezontly kills it though becaise it doesnt flow well with the shape of the seat....

and on graphite gray i like the dark bbs wheels better on it because it gives it like that stealth figther kinda look! insted of that blingy smoked chrome look...... goes well on a bling car like an m3.. not on the jap import to much though.... but thats just opinion i guess.

and as for the alum. roof i think its cool a regular IX will be getting that now!

but for the MR.... it already has the roof , hid's , and fogs .... so i guess if your really like the SE package the regular IX is the way to go. you get more stuff that doesnt come on a non SE IX vs. the regular IX MR and IX MR SE! more bang for the buck if you will....

oh and did i mention the lip is gay? lol
Old Aug 6, 2006, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

PA-silver03Evo and I see this the same way. I wanted fatory HID and the roof without the leather or the sound system. I dont want or need a 6 speed and because I am getting my suspension muellerized I dont need bilsteins... The rims are lighter than the IX GSR and if I dont like the color POWDERCOAT.... and the lip and seats ....just means I wont run into the exact same car at every meet and the cops wont hassle me cause its factory....LOL
Old Aug 6, 2006, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

You got it.

Originally Posted by EVOIXNooB
PA-silver03Evo and I see this the same way. I wanted fatory HID and the roof without the leather or the sound system. I dont want or need a 6 speed and because I am getting my suspension muellerized I dont need bilsteins... The rims are lighter than the IX GSR and if I dont like the color POWDERCOAT.... and the lip and seats ....just means I wont run into the exact same car at every meet and the cops wont hassle me cause its factory....LOL
Old Aug 7, 2006, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

Hey Folks, new to the site. Just thought I'd put up here for info that I've got my deposit in on a Tarmac Black EVO MR with that "Appearance Package", scheduled for delivery on 8/28 here in VA. Would've posted this sooner but I didn't have an account, heh.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 12:59 PM

You had better post pics when you get it....or else. LOL, congratulations on the car.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

At last, pics of the 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution SE

Prolly been posted, but I couldn't find it so just in case it hasn't...

Autoblog Posted Aug 8th 2006 7:03AM
We've been waiting since last week to bring you pictures of the 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Special Edition, and they're finally here!

Recapping what we previously reported, the Evo Special Edition represents the final round of updates to the Evolution IX bodystyle. With its price set at $33,249, this new trim grade includes the aluminum roof shared with the Evo RS and MR, a new front lip extension, lightweight 17" BBS wheels finished in a "Diamond Black" look, red-stitched Recaros, and HID headlamps

The Graphite Grey exterior color depicted above looks good to us, but if that's not your fancy, Mitsubishi will be happy to make you one in Apex Silver or Tarmac Black instead. Wth that, we bid a fond farewell to the Evo IX.

On deck: Evo X!!! Not that we're not excited about it or anything....
PRESS RELEASE:

THRILLING VISUAL AND PERFORMANCE ENHANCEMENTS AT AN EXCELLENT VALUE DISTINGUISH 2006 MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION SE

Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) is applying the "Special Edition" treatment to its critically acclaimed ninth-generation Lancer Evolution. The 2006 Lancer Evolution SE offers special features at a competitive price of $33,249 MSRP to make this legendary performance vehicle even more thrilling. The new SE trim level represents the final enhancement to a Lancer Evolution body style that has been on sale in the U.S. market since 2003.
Inside the Special Edition trim level, supportive, red-stitched RECARO® seats accentuate the interior while the exterior receives a new front airdam extension that adds style while reducing front end lift. A lightweight aluminum roof panel, also found on the Lancer Evolution RS and MR, helps control body roll by lowering the vehicle's center of gravity. The feather weight 17" forged BBS® alloy wheels, now in a new "Diamond Black" finish, add style while reducing unsprung weight to improve suspension performance. The SE trim level also includes high-intensity discharge (HID) headlights with halogen fog lamps giving the vehicle a distinctive look. The available exterior color choices for the Lancer Evolution SE are Apex Silver, Graphite Gray and Tarmac Black.
True to the Lancer Evolution's heritage, the SE is powered by a 2.0-liter inline four-cylinder DOHC intercooled-turbocharged engine with Mitsubishi Innovative Valve timing and Electronic Control (MIVEC) that is mated to a rugged 5-speed transmission.

The revised airdam, Recaro® seats with red stitching, and forged BBS® wheels with "Diamond Black" finish are available on the MR trim level as well in the form of an Appearance Package which sells for $500.00.

Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc., (MMNA) is responsible for all manufacturing, finance, sales, marketing, research and development operations of the Mitsubishi Motors Corporation in the United States. Mitsubishi Motors sells coupes, convertibles, sedans and sport utility vehicles through a network of approximately 540 dealers.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/08/08/a...n-se/#comments

Last edited by Axel; Aug 9, 2006 at 03:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]