Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2006, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske
I was one of the guys REALLY hoping the SE would have more special options.

I like the red stitching. I like the idea of the lighter rims and aluminum roof. I like HIDs. But the only thing this SE would offer me over the standard MR is the red stitched seats ($500).

The wheels look like ****. There are tons of threads with tons of people that agree chrome, or the likes there of, does not belong on a rally inspired car. I think the new wheels are terrible.

I also have to say the front lip is looks RICE. I hoping to be able to rip on the pre-se MR owners but right now I have to say the made the best choice. Yes....I'm hating the SE.

There is not enough incentive for me to upgrade to IX. Looks like I will be happy with my VIII and wait to see what the X has to offer.
I don't mind the options as much as the fact that there is nothing really special about it. I wish they would have done more to differentiate the two. The lip just looks lame to me
Old Aug 11, 2006, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

Hmm.. nothing too special about the lip to me
Old Aug 12, 2006, 07:31 AM

Hey guys, I have an Evo IX MR edition. Had it since November 2005. Since it appears that there is a lot of confusion about it, here are the things that come on the MR that don't come standard on the IX:

3 extra gauges, located below the climate control panel. The regular IX has a cubby hole where these gauges would be. The gauges show oil temp, battery voltage, and turbo boost pressure. By the way, the oil temp sensor makes changing your oil a bit more of a hassle. You need a 19mm line wrench instead of the usual socket or box wrench. Don't let the grease monkeys at Jiffy Lube near that!

color keyed vortex generator on the roof. The regular IX doesn't have that, but it's an option. It won't be color keyed though (unless you bought a black evo, lol).

Bilstein shocks, for a slightly softer ride.

Slightly softer clutch springs, for better driveability

6-speed tranny instead of 5-speed

A rounded downpipe from the turbo. The mechanic at the dealership told me this is true for both the later Evo VIII and IX MR editions. The non-MR cars have a downpipe that flattens out before turning round again to get to the cat. This causes some performance hit.

I am mildly surprised that people on this forum don't already know most of these details, since the Evo IX MR has been available since 2005. But I went back about 4 pages in this thread, and it appears that people were still speculating. Hope this is helpful!

Last edited by cubicleslave; Aug 12, 2006 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Correcting the drain plug wrench size (after looking at my wrench)
Old Aug 12, 2006, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

I think the main reason no one else mentioned those things is because not many people would weigh their decision of which car to buy just because of the vortex generator. If they liked it that much you can just get one added on. And as for the gauges, I wouldnt use them anyway because I think they are in a horrible location and I'd rather have a regular boost gauge reading it psi.

The only reason why I (and probably everyone else) have only been mentioning the struts and the 6 speed trans is because those are major items that will actually influence someones decision about buying the car. Plus they are a lot harder to add later on if wanted.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Hey guys, I'm looking for a view of the back of the SE to get a shot at that SE badge. Anyone seen one? Let me know. Thanks.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I've been thinking about this now for a few days.....I guess the SE will be better for the serious track duty guys. We all know the 6 speed is weaker and heavier than the 5 speed. So, the aluminum roof with the stronger lighter 5 speed should be a nice combination. I still don't think its worth the hype but I'm trying to be at least a little less harsh on it than I was the other day.

1. Seats are sharp
2. HID's own!
3. Overall lighter and stronger non-mr platform (making it better).
Old Aug 13, 2006, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RoBear
Hey guys, I'm looking for a view of the back of the SE to get a shot at that SE badge. Anyone seen one? Let me know. Thanks.
I'm pretty sure it will be the same style badge thats on the Galant SE advertised on TV, same style as the original 2005 US VIII MR badge

This is all I could fine on the Special edition badge on the Mitsu website, this is the one used on the Galant and lancer SE's, I'm sure it will be the same one used for the Evolution IX SE
Old Aug 14, 2006, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Samdiver74
I'm pretty sure it will be the same style badge thats on the Galant SE advertised on TV, same style as the original 2005 US VIII MR badge

This is all I could fine on the Special edition badge on the Mitsu website, this is the one used on the Galant and lancer SE's, I'm sure it will be the same one used for the Evolution IX SE

Thanks
Old Aug 16, 2006, 12:55 PM

Alright, the first Evo IX SE just rolled off the truck and is currently awaiting PDI in the lot. The wheels and other changes are subtle but it looks better over the regular Evo IX, especially when you've got the HID headlamps.

I'll have a few pics posted later for those that are interested...

-Dan
Old Aug 16, 2006, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

What is the sticker price difference from the regular GSR?
Old Aug 16, 2006, 02:15 PM

Test Evo9:

http://www.rsracing.cz/15.5.2006_TEST_EVO_IX/

Evo9 for RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP:

http://www.rsracing.cz/21.7.2006_Lancer_gr.N/

My web site:

www.rsracing.cz
Old Aug 16, 2006, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske
What is the sticker price difference from the regular GSR?
+$1850 MSRP
+$1619 Invoice
Old Aug 16, 2006, 03:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sntmods
Alright, the first Evo IX SE just rolled off the truck and is currently awaiting PDI in the lot. The wheels and other changes are subtle but it looks better over the regular Evo IX, especially when you've got the HID headlamps.

I'll have a few pics posted later for those that are interested...

-Dan
PICS!
What color?
Silver?
PICS!
Where is your dealership located?
Also, PICS!
Old Aug 16, 2006, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by aklucsarits
PICS!
What color?
Silver?
PICS!
Where is your dealership located?
Also, PICS!

+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quickly!
Old Aug 16, 2006, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by aklucsarits
+$1850 MSRP
+$1619 Invoice
F-That shart!

Quick Reply: Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]