Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2004, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is also talk of an aluminium bonnet to reduce front-end weight.
I thought we already had an aluminum hood?

If Mitsu really wants to make the EVO better resemble a WRC contender, they should return to having real foglamps in the front bumper like on the IV and V. The rear bumper diffuser is nice; still, I'm disappointed its not more of a departure from the VII and VIII.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

the more I look at these pics, the less I like it... something about it just doesn't do it for me... when I first saw them, I thought it looked awesome by the way.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

looks the same.if this is it,i'm glad its the same
Old Oct 19, 2004, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

Is it me or is the vortex generator like bonded to the car as in its alluminum with the roof, dats kool
Old Oct 19, 2004, 12:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by turtlelancer
Is it me or is the vortex generator like bonded to the car as in its alluminum with the roof, dats kool
def appears that its integrated into the roof. I would imagine this will be standard from now on.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SirAragorn
def appears that its integrated into the roof. I would imagine this will be standard from now on.

dats so awesome heh you cant get jacked!!!! , believe it or not there are **** who roam the street, you are able to ript off the one now right? heh i never seen one in person, is it held down by double sided tape?
Old Oct 19, 2004, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

that and it'll be color matched so it'll look smoother instead of something tacked on.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 12:12 PM

I thought the IX was supposed to have the MIVEC varible valve engine, or am I mixing that up with the X?

This article also makes no mention of the IX coming standard with an aluminum roof, they "talk of an aluminium bonnet to reduce front-end weight." Which the bonnet is the hood, not the roof.

The Vortex Generators are at least an option on the 2005 MY base EVO at least. But I like the way these look integrated, and color matched with the car. It makes them look less childish. Kinda like some goofy toy your kid stuck on your car.

I love the rear underspoiler too. The little front fog light holes are very lacky though to me.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 12:15 PM
SoR
Evolved Member

I'm not too crazy about the front bumper and those 2 gialla style holes but I really like the rear end. And hopefully interior will be refreshed, at least get electroluminescent gauges which would improve looks by 100%.
I'm really glad I got the 03, now I can skip the 05 and 06 and get this sometimes in 07.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

thats sweet
Old Oct 19, 2004, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by twan
Hi every.....your not looking at a USDM evo 9, keep that in mind.
Originally Posted by SirAragorn
whats your point?
what you see isnt always what you get.........(here in the us).....
Old Oct 19, 2004, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

I still say this is a photoshop, since the pictures are identical to another one I saw which was purported to be the IX. Same color, same angles, everything. I see no reason why Mitsubishi would be driving around in an undisguised Evo IX when they still have VIII's to sell.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

I think i'll hate the X, but the IX wont be bad at all. Although, it wont be for a very long time before we get anything other than the 8 anyways.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

right, I realize that its not the final USDM spec evo, but seeing as how the '05 got the power boost and ACD, they'll have to up the ante for people to still be interested in the Evo next year. It states in the article that they are targeting the US specifically, so I imagine that a lot of those improvements will be standard for all Evo's. I would bet that the bumpers will be modified to fit our laws though, so looks might be slightly different, mainly the rear extended outward like the current Evo.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 12:30 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Derek888
Dont know how the US license plate will fit with that rear bumper. It might look a bit ugly hanging below that spoiler?
They'll just have to make european style plates now.
I wish. I love the new style. Looks meaner, hopefully it comes equipped like that for US, especially with the black headlights.

Quick Reply: Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]