Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2005, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bdiddy
Yo Kayaalp that guy IS checking his pedal. He does it to the point of adnauseam. Kinoshi- in the video that I was referring to does it at obsessive compulsive increments. The guy is off-line and all over the place, but he IS checking that brake more than he was "left footing".
Yo bdiddy. Check out what I wrote:

Originally Posted by Kayaalp
I agree, in this particular video he doesn't seem to be just left-foot-braking.

Don't forget that this guy has obviously never driven the Nordshlieffe before: his lines are horrible! It looks like he just doesn't know what's coming up next so he's just checking up slightly before entering a corner. So, it's not like he's doing this on purpose! I'm sure he wouldn't do the same thing if he was driving with real commitment on a track he knows intimately.

Emre
Old Feb 20, 2005, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old Feb 20, 2005, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

So wait... EVO IX will have same HP as the 2005 EVO VIIIs?

I was hoping for 320!
Old Feb 20, 2005, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
So wait... EVO IX will have same HP as the 2005 EVO VIIIs?

I was hoping for 320!
evo 10 will be around 320 hp
can you wait another year and a half?
Old Feb 21, 2005, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

When all's said and done, I bet the USDM IX will be advertized as being close to 300 hp, 300 lb/ft torque
Old Feb 22, 2005, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Any new pictures of the 9?

I like the ones in this thread but am always in the market for more and different colors.

I certainly hope they up the rated power .... can't wait to finally get one that has everything I am looking for. I actually take my cars to the track!
Old Feb 23, 2005, 12:33 PM

Quick Evo IX Question....

Does the Evo IX definitely have a 6 speed transmission? Also, will it be offered in a GSR type trim with leather and sunroof, etc.?

Thanks,

Dan
Old Feb 23, 2005, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Who knows what the USDM IX will have until actual specs are released. I just wonder if that rear bumper will pass us crash tests..
Old Feb 23, 2005, 01:31 PM

Actually I heard the '06 VIII will have the 6-speed but was that just a rumor or has that been confirmed one way or the other at this point?
Old Feb 23, 2005, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

Why would there be an '06 VIII when the IX is supposidly comming later this year! Damn, lets stop with rumors. I can speculate the evo X will be out in a month because my factory connection told me so. That doesn't make it true! NE way
Old Feb 23, 2005, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

the last scan i saw, showed the breakdown of the models, alas it was in japanese, and i'm amazingly american.

it had the gsr having the 6 speed, and the others with a 5. ( aka, the same as it is now)
Old Feb 24, 2005, 01:09 AM

The Evo IX will be anounced Jan of 2006 and will hit U.S. soil 2 months later. Im not sure if it will come with a six speed or the five speed. i myself prefer the 5spd tranny. The Evo X will be anounced spring of 2007 and will hit the U.S by summer of that year. Now when Mitsubishi first started making the Evo's in the early 90's, they said that they will have 10 models of the Lancer rally car. no more, no less. The reason why the Evo exist is because Mitsubishi was forced to make a production car version of ther WRC car to fit into regulations. The Evo X will definetlly be the collecters item. I am hoping that this is wrong because the Evo has evolved to almost a 4 door supercar. who am I to know, I have only been working for Mitsubishi for 4 1/2 years. Im not suppose to disclose this info with anyone but who cares, they can fire me if they want too.

so maybe if the Evo does good in sales, they will continue it after 2007
Old Feb 24, 2005, 02:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by weightlesswhite
The Evo IX will be anounced Jan of 2006 and will hit U.S. soil 2 months later. Im not sure if it will come with a six speed or the five speed. i myself prefer the 5spd tranny. The Evo X will be anounced spring of 2007 and will hit the U.S by summer of that year. Now when Mitsubishi first started making the Evo's in the early 90's, they said that they will have 10 models of the Lancer rally car. no more, no less. The reason why the Evo exist is because Mitsubishi was forced to make a production car version of ther WRC car to fit into regulations. The Evo X will definetlly be the collecters item. I am hoping that this is wrong because the Evo has evolved to almost a 4 door supercar. who am I to know, I have only been working for Mitsubishi for 4 1/2 years. Im not suppose to disclose this info with anyone but who cares, they can fire me if they want too.

I would guess that they would drop the evo w/ number after the X, and either call it a Lancer GSR, or maybe just call it an evolution from thereafter.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 04:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by weightlesswhite

so what of the mitsubishi rep on the video, talkin about the raider and eclipse, that said it'd be shown at the ny auto show?
Old Feb 24, 2005, 05:50 AM
Evolving Member

The Evo IX hits the streets in Japan on March 18th. First (grey) imports arrive in the UK around April with official CCC imports are due to go on sale in the UK this summer. If Mitsu lauch the IX here at the NY show in a couple of weeks, I would expect it to be available in the US later this year....unless, of course, Mitsu's current financial predicament dictates otherwise ?

Quick Reply: Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]