Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2005, 01:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just be happy that we even have the EVO here.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Peazoo
Just be happy that we even have the EVO here.
i am. i've been waiting since i played a demo of GT2. i just liked the car a lot. it didn't have to be real then but now it is.

::edit:: according to Edmunds.com, the EvoIX GSR will go for $31,274. Like getting an VIIIMR for a discount? i'm still getting an VIII. ::shrugs::

RS: 28,504
GSR: 31, 274
MR: 35, 274

Last edited by CRVdrftR05; Mar 25, 2005 at 01:20 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 02:16 PM

the car doesn't seem that bad... hopefully with the minor upgrades, mitsubishi will be able to make some quick sales, get some cash, and bring the X to the US. maybe that's why the X's release date was rumored to be fairly soon after the release of the IX? either way, looks like i'll be holding out for the X, or the XI if it comes out before May '08.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by XRS
I'm not disappointed that I waited cuz both cars are awesome. It's not like I saved money or got a better car by getting an VIII. For me the MIVEC, better turbo and triangle free front grill was worth the wait. I've wanted an evo before most people knew what an evo was. My first car was a 91 Talon AWD and I bought the thing because the 4G63 AWD. Come to think of it, first time I saw an evo was in the Jacky Chan movie with the evo 4. Bought a Mirage after the Talon because of the movie. Everyone I knew was buying Hondas and Acuras. Don't know how many times I had to explain to everyone the reason why I bought a Mirage then also explain what an evo was. Since my finances was pointing torwards a mid to late 2005 purchase date I decided to wait and see what the EVO IX would be.
NIce - it'll be worth it. SCC says a noticable increase in power. I'll bet the power delivery across the curve has alot to do with that "feel"
Old Mar 25, 2005, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoLife
Are we sure this info is final production specs. Why does it say it requires RON98 gas and why is the boost pressure listed in kPA instead of psi. And what about the disclamer at the bottom of the spec page which says "Technical data, features, options and other equipment listed in this document are based on the latest information available at the time of release and are subject to change without notice." Maybe they're planning on dropping a horsepower bomb STi style.
MMNA has already released official specs yesterday.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Just like all the Evo models since '92, I'm sure the IX will be worth every penny. However, after reading all the specs, I'm a little dissapointed that the weight distribution is still front biased at 60/40. I could have sworn Mitsubishi was working a less front heavy Evo IX from earlier threads, videos, rumors, etc.

The extra HP/TQ out of the box will be nice, but it will really be cool to see what sort of additional aftermarket potential (if any) the MIVEC head lends itself to. That to me is the biggest selling point of the IX. Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think any other auto manufacturer currently offers a turbo charged, variable valve timing platform. This should be fun. Can't wait to see the Evo IX on the road!
Old Mar 25, 2005, 05:10 PM
Evolving Member

What about the STi.........it has AVCS (active valve control system)....isn't this a similar concept ?
Old Mar 25, 2005, 05:25 PM

when will IX arrive?

When will the new evolution arrive at our dealerships? August? September?

Thanks!!
Old Mar 25, 2005, 05:25 PM

vw has vvt for their 1.8t's AWP, but its for emmissions and not performance
Old Mar 25, 2005, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GT30R1.8T
vw has vvt for their 1.8t's AWP, but its for emmissions and not performance
I've heard a simple chip swap alone will net another 30-40hp on those VW 1.8L turbos though. Maybe VW just really detunes those engines, maybe it's a result of the VVT, or maybe it's a little of both.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I knew it!! I knew we werent getting **** here in the US! really suck ***** when it comes to things like this. There is no difference at all except interior and a few things here and there. I was going to trade my 03 for the IX but now im keeping my 03 VIII . Think ill invest my money in an Evo VI or VII
Old Mar 25, 2005, 08:37 PM
Evolving Member

Man I think it would be great if Mitsu read this thread and said pull the evo from the US those owners are unable to be pleased. Or maybe they could read this info and say here is what you want and bring over the FQ300 or FQ340 for us to dream about. I love my 8 and when the time comes to replace it, The 10 or 11 will get the first dollar. Until then I will continue to enjoy the bad *** car I have enjoyed from day one. Just a side note the FQ 300 is $53,784 (according to SCC Jan 05)and the FQ340 would be even more, maybe only +10 is their way of keeping the cost down ie.. not AYC. So please stop your crying and be grateful to be driving one kick *** car.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by saywhen
Man I think it would be great if Mitsu read this thread and said pull the evo from the US those owners are unable to be pleased. Or maybe they could read this info and say here is what you want and bring over the FQ300 or FQ340 for us to dream about. I love my 8 and when the time comes to replace it, The 10 or 11 will get the first dollar. Until then I will continue to enjoy the bad *** car I have enjoyed from day one. Just a side note the FQ 300 is $53,784 (according to SCC Jan 05)and the FQ340 would be even more, maybe only +10 is their way of keeping the cost down ie.. not AYC. So please stop your crying and be grateful to be driving one kick *** car.
Seriously. The whining on this board about the Evo IX is annoying. No S-AYC whaaaa! No rear diffuser whaaaa! No climate control whaaa! It's like being in a nursing home at dinner time. The rest of the world would give their left nad to own an Evo for $30k USD, yet all we do is complain that Mitsu isn't bringing a $50k-$60k Evo to the USDM...because that's how much all the bells and whistles would tack on to the MSRP of the car.

When did it become about the little things anyways? I thought it was about handling and horsepower and THEN everything else. Sounds like the Evo IX will be better than the Evo VIII in both categories...not to mention the kind of aftermarket potential the MIVEC platform will offer. I could give 2 $hits about fugging tail lights, carbon graphite dash accents or aluminum pedals. Anybody who's preoccupied with that kind of happy horse $hit is a "ricer" IMHO. Grow up.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

Japan pays less for an Evo with more options...You claim GB pays more, but they pay more for everything (yes, everything). Only qualm I have with the Evo IX (and 05 VIII) is that they don't have the HID option without getting SSL, and that is a petty qualm.

I think people are kind of pissed because Subaru brought an increased displacement STi (which a lot of people prefer to the EJ20 STi) and they feel like Mitsubishi doesn't care as much about them.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wEstSidE
I think people are kind of pissed because Subaru brought an increased displacement STi (which a lot of people prefer to the EJ20 STi) and they feel like Mitsubishi doesn't care as much about them.
Anybody who thinks that needs to take an STi through the twisties, then take their Evo down the same road. Mitsubishi loves us all very much if that test can be taken as any sort of verification. Mitsubishi also brought the Evo to the USDM before the STi...and yes I know the WRX was here before that...but Mitsu jumped through a lot of hoops and took a risk Subaru was not willing to take in order to being their flagship to America.

Quick Reply: Lancer Evolution IX, SE, 9.5 Editions: Photos, News, Reviews, etc...[MERGED]