Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Dodge and Mitsubishi to Share Neon Platform | [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2005, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maaan that so kills it...even if I had the money to buy an Evo...i would not buy a Dodge Evolution...that's just wrong. Sounds oxymoronic...muscle and import fusion...yuck!
Old Aug 18, 2005, 04:01 PM

no i hope not dude stick with the srt!!!!! stay away from a good thing!
Old Aug 18, 2005, 04:15 PM

The cars we know and love sometimes will be replaced or discountinued. Think Toyota Supra. Yea it's gone and yea it lived well. Think Skyline GT-R R34... YEa... How come they didn't continue that? I don't know. (I'm sure there's a good reason, I just don't know). So the Evo may discontinue, but there will always be other cars out there. But if Dodge makes the next Evo and dogifies it... I'm going to slap those Mother f****ers... Damn, if I had the money and the talent of a large team of engineers I'd probably start my own car company. That's my dream at least.

Peace Guys.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also will sell my evo if dodge starts making the them
Old Aug 18, 2005, 04:21 PM
Evolving Member

off topic a bit: Oh, and the reason they discontinued the R34 is becasue the 350Z out performed the R34 on testing tracks (If i remember how it goes). This is the reason why the new skylines are built off the Z chassie and why they dont use the RB motor anymore, instead of its own, cause nissan thought it was such a good thing that they should build the cars exactly the same. Personally I hate the idea that they got rid of it, but thats evolution for ya.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 04:25 PM
G20
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by evodrifter
I also will sell my evo if dodge starts making the them
Why? Your evo is not made by Dodge.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 01:49 PM
Evolving Member

Isn't that what a financialy troubled car company does, sells their proven patented awd drive train for fat stacks of cold hard cash?
Old Aug 19, 2005, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Just curious if the Evo X will already be on the new chassis co-developed with Dodge/Chrysler, or will it be a further development of the CT9A chassis for yet another evolution? Also will start with a brandnew motor of will it be a further developed 4G63, possibly with more displacement? The pictures of the test mule that is assumed to be a X underneath make me wonder whether we are going to get yet another rendition of the old chassis for the X.

Also at some point there was talk about the JDM and USDM Evolution taking different paths down the road - will this start with the X or after?
Old Aug 19, 2005, 03:05 PM

is dodge going to start participating in WRC?
Old Aug 19, 2005, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by secretpickle
is dodge going to start participating in WRC?
SRT4 already does well in SCCA rally. Group 5 i think....?
Old Aug 19, 2005, 05:01 PM
Account Disabled

dodge is not going to make an evo... they're just going to share the chassis design with dodge. companies do it every day. the cars probably won't look anything alike at all, and they definately won't perform the same. mitsu will make the evo. dodge will make the neon. they'll just share the same underpinnings, that's it. y'all sure do like to blow things out of proportion lol just like the onslaught of "oh no!!! what do we do?? the evo's getting MIVEC!!??!!" threads haha as if variable valve timing is some new, untested technology that mitsubishi is gambling on and pioneering that will somehow baffle the hundreds of aftermarket companies that have been making parts for cars forever. it's not a new technology. it's just new to the EVO. mitsu's finally catching up with a technology that's been around for years and years. bout damn time. haha funny shiit
Old Aug 19, 2005, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

^^^^you really like to talk about MIVEC don't you?
Old Aug 19, 2005, 11:34 PM
Evolved Member

See i heard about this about 2years ago when the EVO8 came out in 03. That if Dodge took over that the Evo would lose the 2.0 and go to the 2.4ltr from the SRT4 and the SRT4 would get AWD from the EVO. I didnt think it would happen but i might.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

2.4ltr evo wouldn't be all that bad.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 01:05 AM

It would stray away from it's rally heritage. And that's what Mitsu has been priding itself on when Subaru went with the 2.5.

I highly doubt the new X will have anything of Dodge in it. HAha, if anything, Dodge would be making a look-a-like like back with the 1G DSM's. There's a thought.

Quick Reply: Dodge and Mitsubishi to Share Neon Platform | [MERGED]