Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

How do you think people will look at the Evo 20 years from now?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2006, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it will join the Japaneese Classic Line up.. NSX (dam i hate honda lol) Skyline, Supra, Miata, RX7, Evo I- VIII, STI will be a classic too, damm even a little bubble back civic has classic potential (funny....but just think about it). The Jap classic value might not be as much as domestic classics.. but The Evo is a japaneese classic 20 yrs from now.. hands down.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

by far it will be up there with the tuners of tomorrow, i mean look at how the supra, rx-7, and 300zx were. all monster power cars of years ago. and then look at today you find a good condition anyone of those and they are still selling twin turbo supras close to 30,000 with a hell of alot miles, and people will buy them.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 09:48 AM

For those of you who say we will run out of fossil fuels in 20, 40 even 60 years, you are wrong the earth reproduces just like everything else does, we will always have fuel. I think after the IX the resale might go back up because the X is obviously not as based on the track as the others are...
Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoDream05
For those of you who say we will run out of fossil fuels in 20, 40 even 60 years, you are wrong the earth reproduces just like everything else does, we will always have fuel. I think after the IX the resale might go back up because the X is obviously not as based on the track as the others are...
X is not based on the track as the others are? I love it when people bash something that isn't even out yet. I, for one, think that a stock Evo X will beat a stock Evo IX on track, on gravel, on any kind of pavement.

Evo IXs and all before IX look like ricers, they are not attractive to most people. EVO X is trying to change that trend with better looks to attract more average buyers so they can sell more cars and make more money. But I don't think that making Evo X to look "pretty" will diminish it's rallying skills.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:20 AM

Well if you search, I think mitsu themselves said that the X will be more lexury based. (I could be wrong and that is what I based that statement on...)
Old Jun 2, 2006, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Well if you search, I think mitsu themselves said that the X will be more lexury based. (I could be wrong and that is what I based that statement on...)
Oh I think you are talking about one of those interviews with one of the execs talking about next EVO and how they talked about a possibility of larger displacement engines and the VWs sequential transmission. But what I got from that interview was that they basically want a more refined car which I don't think is a bad thing. Maybe now we will get a more functional, good looking, and full of rally performance car.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Maybe with their heads turned...squinting if its sunny.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

in 20 years i might look at my evo like its a olds 442 in the movie "Demolution Man". one of the only few gasoline autos left in the future with electric hybrid cars running around.
Old Jun 3, 2006, 01:35 AM
Evolved Member

For those of you who say we will run out of fossil fuels in 20, 40 even 60 years, you are wrong the earth reproduces just like everything else does, we will always have fuel.
Care to elaborate on this? I know oil isn't stuffed inside the earth by space aliens, but from what I've heard, we're using the stuff up awful fast.
Old Jun 3, 2006, 01:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blitzkrieg79
Maybe now we will get a more functional, good looking, and full of rally performance car.
While I'd like that also, I don't think we're likely to get it at anywhere near the current price level of evo's.

Mitsu have to work to a budget like everyone else and if they're trying to make it a more luxurious car, then the money is going to come from some other part of the car. I'm sure it would still be very fast and highly to be faster than the IX, but that doesn't really have anything to do with how much it is track orientated. The attribute EvoDream05 was getting at, I think, is that evo's have a feel to them that suggest that every dollar you spend on this car goes into making it quicker. A more luxurious vehicle perhaps will lose that edge.

Looking at the another way, the Veyron is an extremely fast car and can whip all our *****, but you can hardly say it's 'track based'.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 07:23 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kid Lancer 7
it will join the Japaneese Classic Line up.. NSX (dam i hate honda lol) Skyline, Supra, Miata, RX7, Evo I- VIII, STI will be a classic too, damm even a little bubble back civic has classic potential (funny....but just think about it). The Jap classic value might not be as much as domestic classics.. but The Evo is a japaneese classic 20 yrs from now.. hands down.
In the states I feel the Zarnardi NSX, 93+Supra trubo, RX7 may become classics. I feel there are too many evo's available and improving every year would depreciate the older models.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

At this rate we will run out of oil faster than actually impacting the climate so dramatically with emissions caused by that oil. I think the EVO EV looks better everyday.

Problem is it takes 30 barrels of oil to build a car (an evo or any other hybrid/electric car). So no cars, boats, whatever period.

Great memories though, ahh the memories,....

Originally Posted by Haste
In 20 years, when fossil fuels are finished and the internal combustion engine is extinct, no one will remember ANY cars, unfortunately.

In 20 years, when the polar ice caps have melted due to global warming we'll all be in boats and breathe through gills.

Kidding about the gills part. Everything else DEAD SERIOUS.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

There is a theory that the inner/outer mantel core rotation of the earth produces oil and not the fossil's believed to be the source of oil.

But this theory is only held by a handful of scientits whereas 100's do NOT believe that, so hmmmmm, who could we ask about that?

Originally Posted by x838nwy
Care to elaborate on this? I know oil isn't stuffed inside the earth by space aliens, but from what I've heard, we're using the stuff up awful fast.
BOTTOM LINE, "Do not forget to drive in BOOST today and burn some fuel while we still have it"
Old Jun 14, 2006, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UndieStainz
At this rate we will run out of oil faster than actually impacting the climate so dramatically with emissions caused by that oil. I think the EVO EV looks better everyday.

Problem is it takes 30 barrels of oil to build a car (an evo or any other hybrid/electric car). So no cars, boats, whatever period.

Great memories though, ahh the memories,....
what is this guy smoking?
Old Jun 14, 2006, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

a good fat joint of scientific fact based on the peak oil paradigm affecting oil production worldwide, that's what ;-)...but your comment gives me an idea, hahahahah