Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

What does the EVO X going to mean for the tuners and vendors we have now?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2006, 06:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One would think it a safe bet that the “World Engine” will be used in more cars than the current engine. Granted there will be differences depending on the application. But there will still be similarities. This could potentially decrease development cost for tuners, if it is possible to easily modify their designs to be suitable for use in other vehicles.
This would of course mean a much larger market, and by the same token greatly reduced development cost.
Should this be the case, expect the tuners to be very interested in producing parts for the new engine.

BTW, isn’t decreased development cost the reason Mitsu decided on the “World Engine” in the first place?

Last edited by bounce; Jun 29, 2006 at 06:53 AM.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 07:58 AM
Evolving Member

Look at how many nissans use the same basic motor. There is no shortaqe of parts for them. If they use some form of the world engine that could be a good thing. I hope that the current shops see it this way too.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

this discussion can go on forever as right now we still only have 3 pages worth..right now..

But I tell you what.. until someone gets down and dirty and gets inside the engine bay and underneith the car, no one really knows...
Old Jun 29, 2006, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bounce
One would think it a safe bet that the “World Engine” will be used in more cars than the current engine.
Yeah, I was thinking about that, but I'm wondering if the Caliber SR-T following will ever get that big. Hyundai hasn't had much love in this country either, so it will probably be up to Mitsubishi to carry the torch with the evo leading the way. Hopefully the next RA LAncer will be a major player, and then perhaps the 10G Galant will be offered in turbo and AWD and then maybe the RA Eclipse will use it too.
Old Aug 4, 2006, 12:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LetItBreath
First, shops will acquire one. Depending on their funds/connections, this could take longer because the X is supposted to be a lot more than the IX.

Second, tuners/shops will look for obvious factory restrictions to resolve and improvements to make with bolt ons.

By then someone will probably have found out how to reprogram the ecu. And flashing will be available.

After using the X for a while shops/tuners will apply innovative designs to come up with their own turbo/engine kits to make the machine a monster.

Most shops will probably be in a race to get it done first no matter what "it" is so I dont think it'll be too long until you see a good amount of parts out. It'll also depend on the availability/demand for the Xs. You never know they might not sell as good because they'll be pricier. I think basically, the better they sell, the faster we'll see parts. Probably a few months, minimum, people will have sumthin out for it.
seems very accurate...