Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Concept-X RALLY EDITION!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2006, 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by silverEVO8
^^ IMHO that's irrelevant. EVO stands for evolution. Evolution is just that. From Merriam Wester online:, evolution is described "a process of change in a certain direction". Obviously the EVO X can and should be evolving . There is no proscribed direction, and a direction towards a more comfortable yet, high performing vehicle is quite appropriate. Anyway, surely there will be more cars with the unfinished, rough edged image that some people prefer. Personally, I'm a bit burned out of driving a race car in my everyday commute and errands. I rarely get to drive it anywhere close to it's capacity or limits. I'll be ready for a more refined, evolved machine. BTW, I'm actually considering the purchase of an A3 2.0T with DSG to replace my MR. If it were not such a "starter car" I'd gotten it already....
I agree with you on the Evolution part. And that it has, performance wise. However what i think bothers most evo guys about the X is the fact that is more geared towards luxury and the lack of the 4g63. I could care less about the confort of the ride or its luxury as long as the performance that the EvO is known to have is there. BUT I remember when the 9 was about to come out, many stated that the MIVEC would be a tuning nightmare and what not. But look at the 9 now, they yield more power then the 8. With that said am sure the X would suprize us just as the 9 did. (so i hope) I just dont like how the X looks and the new specs. Good luck with the A3 if u buy it, my friend has one and is real nice.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Clos_13
I agree with you on the Evolution part. And that it has, performance wise. However what i think bothers most evo guys about the X is the fact that is more geared towards luxury and the lack of the 4g63. I could care less about the confort of the ride or its luxury as long as the performance that the EvO is known to have is there. BUT I remember when the 9 was about to come out, many stated that the MIVEC would be a tuning nightmare and what not. But look at the 9 now, they yield more power then the 8. With that said am sure the X would suprize us just as the 9 did. (so i hope) I just dont like how the X looks and the new specs. Good luck with the A3 if u buy it, my friend has one and is real nice.
I guess I can understand the dismay of the EVO ppl with a car so different from the present and past EVOs. I suppose if the EVO X comes out with something other than the 4G63 and it's character is substantially changed. Perhaps such a car should come out with a different badge..... Anyway, from what I hear the Ralliart Lancer is going to be a lot like the present day EVO VIII or IX. The only thing missing is going to be the name...
Like I said though, I personally would not mind some changes toward a more refined and driveable car. I'm still thinking about that A3.... If only I could keep my EVO and my Miata too................