Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Evo Ix Se

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2006, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo Ix Se

SO after hearing rumors and everyone being confused (including me) I thought we should start a thread specifically for this car. Yeah I know above there is a thread but its 4000+ posts long and is more or less focused on the 9.

SO what are the differences between the regular 9 and the SE? Has anyone driven an SE? Review? Pros and cons?

Thanks for the help and hopefully this makes life a lil easier on those whom will inquire about the car so that they dont have to read a 4000 post thread and sort through other stuff in order to find this info.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Alot of people own the SE. Same car/engine. It just has some perks. It has the bbs, HIDs, Red stitching on the seats and triple gauge panel, Aluminum hood, roof, front lip, and blistens
Old Oct 9, 2006, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Search, man, it's all covered.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kreionic
Alot of people own the SE. Same car/engine. It just has some perks. It has the bbs, HIDs, Red stitching on the seats and triple gauge panel, Aluminum hood, roof, front lip, and blistens
No Bilsteins or guage panel, at least not in mine. I have the aluminum roof, HID's, completely different fabric with red stitching, foot pedals, front lip spoiler and the diamond black BBS wheels!!!! Worth every penny by the way. I had to have the wheels and the lip is pretty sweet too.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 04:56 AM
Evolving Member

This thread is full of misinformation already. Everything about the Evo SE and Evo MR SE is covered ad nauseam in the Evo IX SE/9.5 thread stickied at the top of this forum starting around page 240.

Pictures and all the facts are also found in the concise Mitsubishi press release from 7/31: http://media.mitsubishicars.com/Mode...er%20Evolution
Old Oct 10, 2006, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by aklucsarits
This thread is full of misinformation already. Everything about the Evo SE and Evo MR SE is covered ad nauseam in the Evo IX SE/9.5 thread stickied at the top of this forum starting around page 240.

Pictures and all the facts are also found in the concise Mitsubishi press release from 7/31: http://media.mitsubishicars.com/Mode...er%20Evolution
This is right from the site you just posted:
"Inside the Special Edition trim level, supportive, red-stitched RECARO(R) seats accentuate the interior while the exterior receives a new front airdam extension that adds style while reducing front end lift. A lightweight aluminum roof panel, also found on the Lancer Evolution RS and MR, helps control body roll by lowering the vehicle's center of gravity. The feather weight 17"; forged BBS(R) alloy wheels, now in a new "Diamond Black"; finish, add style while reducing unsprung weight to improve suspension performance. The SE trim level also includes high-intensity discharge (HID) headlights with halogen fog lamps giving the vehicle a distinctive look. The available exterior color choices for the Lancer Evolution SE are Apex Silver, Graphite Gray and Tarmac Black."

All this is exactly what I just posted yesturday, so where is the misinformation?
Old Oct 10, 2006, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GreddyEvo
completely different fabric with red stitching

...There's your mis-information. The seats are not a "completely different fabric" same exact seats and fabric just with red stitching instead of black.

Last edited by Bigl4201; Oct 10, 2006 at 12:20 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

Greddy Evo, I was referring primarily to kreionic's post, but moreso I was lamenting yet another redundant, counterproductive SE thread.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

yeah, no guage pod. I test drove on last wednesday. nice car though.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by aklucsarits
Greddy Evo, I was referring primarily to kreionic's post, but moreso I was lamenting yet another redundant, counterproductive SE thread.
I figured and thats cool, but I picked up my IX a week ago and have not been reading much on the IX until now so I am not aware of the number of times this has come up. Just thought I would add something for the guy.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Bigl4201
...There's your mis-information. The seats are not a "completely different fabric" same exact seats and fabric just with red stitching instead of black.
Everybody is so uptight. From my VIII, yes new fabric layout, I was not sure that the was different from a IX GSR, but I knew the stitching was different. Anyway this is blown was out of proportion, my fabric comment is less than minor detail since it affects nothing. If I had stated that it came with something performance related and it didn't, maybe that would be worth pointing out.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GreddyEvo
so where is the misinformation?

i was just answering your question pal, relax.. you asked where your mis-information was so i said it. He CLEARLY asked what the difference was between a REGULAR 9 and an SE. Nobody ever asked about the 8 compared to an SE
Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:59 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the info guys I apperciate it...good link
Old Oct 16, 2006, 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

boom
Old Dec 5, 2007, 05:20 PM

I just bought my slightly used, 2006 IX SE, in Tarmac Black, and couldn't be happier. This coming from a guy who formerly owned a smooth 2005 Crystal Grey Metallic STi.

This thread, and the other, longer "SE" thread made my head hurt with all of the bickering, haha.

Jason